GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:00   #21
hearsedriver

Yeah it would work fine with gills. There is plenty of room to even add a piece of cardboard or something to keep from scarring the gills if that should be an issue.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 05-23-2012, 08:28   #22
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNiner View Post
I've had the Glockmeister tool for 2 or 3 years now to support my 20 or so Glocks. I have a couple of the "Gills" rtfs also. I just taped a thin piece of foam with a couple of layers of electrical tape across the base serrations of the tool where it "notches" into the stock slides. Put the Gill slide in and hand tighten down, and there is enough pressure to hold it to change the sights without marring the Gill slide. The tool really does of good job of putting even pressure across the sights and they slide in and out readily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearsedriver View Post
Yeah it would work fine with gills. There is plenty of room to even add a piece of cardboard or something to keep from scarring the gills if that should be an issue.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:00   #23
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
The Glockmeister mounting tool I own has an excellent feature: the sight pusher surface can handle BOTH angled AND straight-sided rear sights. So the "inexpensive" Glockmeister tool is the mounting tool I use the most!

I don't know if the current tool retains this feature; I hope it does.
That is a very desirable feature. How does it accomplish that versatility? Are the pusher jaws replaceable or reversible to get a different profile in contact with the sight? How does it differ from the one shown in Posts 13, 14, and 15?

Inquiring minds want to know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 05-23-2012 at 10:02..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 13:27   #24
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
Does it center the sites exact? If not then I would rather save a few bucks and use a plastic edged punch; cool tool though
Depends on who's turning the screws.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 13:48   #25
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
That is a very desirable feature. How does it accomplish that versatility? Are the pusher jaws replaceable or reversible to get a different profile in contact with the sight? How does it differ from the one shown in Posts 13, 14, and 15?

Inquiring minds want to know.
The "jaws" that grip the rear sight have the "straight" part on one half, and the "slanted" part on the other half. You choose the half of the jaws to match the rear sight on which you are working. No swapping out jaws (and losing the other set.)
Old 05-23-2012, 14:50   #26
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
The "jaws" that grip the rear sight have the "straight" part on one half, and the "slanted" part on the other half. You choose the half of the jaws to match the rear sight on which you are working. No swapping out jaws (and losing the other set.)
That's a very clever design on first introduction. It makes me wonder why Glockmeister abandoned this in favor of the version they are selling now.

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 15:30   #27
e.hk

any problems putting the factory sights on? mine went around half way in and then stopped so the pusher squished the rear sight a bit and warped the site. They're cheap so I'll order another and try again

Last edited by e.hk; 05-23-2012 at 15:30..
e.hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 15:35   #28
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
That's a very clever design on first introduction. It makes me wonder why Glockmeister abandoned this in favor of the version they are selling now.
There is ANOTHER difference between old and new versions. The old version had sliding steel-rod-type handles at each end. The current version has the polymer flange-type handles seen in the current pictures. I like the old style better.

P.S. I add a clarification. The combination straight/slanted surface is on BOTH halves of the jaws, NOT one on each of the jaws. My first explanation did not make this clear. You position the rear sight within the matching parts of both jaws.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 05-23-2012 at 15:41..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 16:22   #29
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
P.S. I add a clarification. The combination straight/slanted surface is on BOTH halves of the jaws, NOT one on each of the jaws. My first explanation did not make this clear. You position the rear sight within the matching parts of both jaws.
Sounds like we're gonna need more pictures!

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 16:27   #30
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearsedriver View Post
Sights, Optics and Lasers
Excellent pictures! They make the tools function MUCH more clear!

Glockmeister should post them on their site....

One more question....are there (by chance) tapped holes on the bottom of the tool that would facilitate mounting it to a bench?

NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Old 05-23-2012, 16:42   #31
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.hk View Post
any problems putting the factory sights on? mine went around half way in and then stopped so the pusher squished the rear sight a bit and warped the site. They're cheap so I'll order another and try again
I'll guess you're talking about the polymer factory sights?

The Glock factory tool(s) have a screw on the top to keep the plastic sights from deforming or working up out of the dovetail while being pushed into the slide.

NRA Life Member
Old 05-23-2012, 17:59   #32
GlockmeisterAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Excellent pictures! They make the tools function MUCH more clear!

Glockmeister should post them on their site....

One more question....are there (by chance) tapped holes on the bottom of the tool that would facilitate mounting it to a bench?
I may be able to arrange a posting on our Facebook page tomorrow...
GlockmeisterAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 13:41   #33
dorian1

Glockmeister sight tool

It was nice until it locked up on me. I have used vise grips and etc and it will not move. I never used more than finger tightness. I can use it to put sights on but it is a pain in the ass.
dorian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 14:33   #34
GlockmeisterAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian1 View Post
It was nice until it locked up on me. I have used vise grips and etc and it will not move. I never used more than finger tightness. I can use it to put sights on but it is a pain in the ass.
If the sight tool you purchased is the latest model (has the plastic knobs on either side) and it is not functioning properly, you can contact Glockmeister at 1-888-456-2563 and we can arrange to repair your sight tool. Please let me know if you have any questions.
GlockmeisterAZ is offline   Reply With Quote