GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 14:50   #26
GRT45
Transform & Win
 
GRT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
The "jaws" that grip the rear sight have the "straight" part on one half, and the "slanted" part on the other half. You choose the half of the jaws to match the rear sight on which you are working. No swapping out jaws (and losing the other set.)
That's a very clever design on first introduction. It makes me wonder why Glockmeister abandoned this in favor of the version they are selling now.
__________________
G30 Gen4 45/40Super/460Rowland: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 15:30   #27
e.hk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14
any problems putting the factory sights on? mine went around half way in and then stopped so the pusher squished the rear sight a bit and warped the site. They're cheap so I'll order another and try again

Last edited by e.hk; 05-23-2012 at 15:30..
e.hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 15:35   #28
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
That's a very clever design on first introduction. It makes me wonder why Glockmeister abandoned this in favor of the version they are selling now.
There is ANOTHER difference between old and new versions. The old version had sliding steel-rod-type handles at each end. The current version has the polymer flange-type handles seen in the current pictures. I like the old style better.

P.S. I add a clarification. The combination straight/slanted surface is on BOTH halves of the jaws, NOT one on each of the jaws. My first explanation did not make this clear. You position the rear sight within the matching parts of both jaws.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 05-23-2012 at 15:41..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 16:22   #29
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,770
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
P.S. I add a clarification. The combination straight/slanted surface is on BOTH halves of the jaws, NOT one on each of the jaws. My first explanation did not make this clear. You position the rear sight within the matching parts of both jaws.
Sounds like we're gonna need more pictures!
__________________


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 16:27   #30
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,770
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by hearsedriver View Post
Sights, Optics and Lasers
Excellent pictures! They make the tools function MUCH more clear!

Glockmeister should post them on their site....

One more question....are there (by chance) tapped holes on the bottom of the tool that would facilitate mounting it to a bench?
__________________


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 16:42   #31
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,770
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by e.hk View Post
any problems putting the factory sights on? mine went around half way in and then stopped so the pusher squished the rear sight a bit and warped the site. They're cheap so I'll order another and try again
I'll guess you're talking about the polymer factory sights?

The Glock factory tool(s) have a screw on the top to keep the plastic sights from deforming or working up out of the dovetail while being pushed into the slide.

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Sights, Optics and Lasers
__________________


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 17:59   #32
GlockmeisterAZ
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Excellent pictures! They make the tools function MUCH more clear!

Glockmeister should post them on their site....

One more question....are there (by chance) tapped holes on the bottom of the tool that would facilitate mounting it to a bench?
I may be able to arrange a posting on our Facebook page tomorrow...
GlockmeisterAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 13:41   #33
dorian1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Glockmeister sight tool

It was nice until it locked up on me. I have used vise grips and etc and it will not move. I never used more than finger tightness. I can use it to put sights on but it is a pain in the ass.
dorian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 14:33   #34
GlockmeisterAZ
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian1 View Post
It was nice until it locked up on me. I have used vise grips and etc and it will not move. I never used more than finger tightness. I can use it to put sights on but it is a pain in the ass.
If the sight tool you purchased is the latest model (has the plastic knobs on either side) and it is not functioning properly, you can contact Glockmeister at 1-888-456-2563 and we can arrange to repair your sight tool. Please let me know if you have any questions.
GlockmeisterAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,144
381 Members
763 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42