Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2009, 00:28   #101
Amen

USPSA in Cedar Rapids, IA.

The Cedar Rapids Area Practical Shooters(CRAPS) are looking for new members in the NE Iowa area. We are a USPSA affiliated club that has been in operation for 28 years. We meet the third Sunday of the month from April until November. If you have never tried competition shooting, this is a great place to learn from experienced shooters and have a great time. If you have shot before this is a great place to hone your skills and meet other shooting sports enthusiasts.

If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM or check out www.cruspsa.org . <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_72502-->
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12   #102
MD CBC 2009

IDPA - Coastal Bend Challenge 2009 Match

The 2009 Coastal Bend Challenge match will be held on April 5th in Corpus Christi, Texas. Application and details are available at:

http://www.coastalbendchallenge.com
MD CBC 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:18   #103
KYgundoc

GLIPSC in Louisville, KY

GLIPSC
Greater Louisville Independent Practical shooting club
Thursday night shooting match

Do you like to shoot handguns? Do you have a gun that you carry and would like to get better with it? You can get better and have fun doing it at our matches. The match that we have every Thursday evening will be geared to practical shooting either fundamental shooting or fun matches with props and Once a month a match that will let 6 shot revolver shooter compete with six shot strings. Most will be 8 shot string matches that will let most autoloaders compete with the high cap guns.
Our matches are conducted by NROI certified Range officers and they will require you to practice safe gun handling. If you are new show up a little early and tell one of the match crew that you are new to this type of shooting and we will help with getting you started.

What you will need to compete, a gun preferably 9mm and up in caliber. No Magnums per the range rules, 3 magazines or speed loaders, a belt holster that fits your gun and you should have a magazine holder or speed loader case. No shoulder holsters at the matches. You will also need ear and eye protection and around 25 rounds of ammo that fits your gun of choice.

Where we shoot? We shoot at Bluegrass Indoor range
4402 Kiln Court Louisville, KY 40218, Phone number 502-451-9088 Thursday evenings at 6:00 pm, call ahead if the weather is bad to see if the match will be canceled or the range is closed.

Other info, you should be familiar with the gun you are going to shoot in the match to keep things moving but if you need help with that the staff at the range can help you to get up to speed just call the number above for that but I will promise that if you shoot with us for a few matches you will learn to draw from a holster, Reload the gun under time and Learn to engage multiple targets. Match fee is $10.00 and that covers targets, pasters, and other props and expendables and the fee the range charges us to shoot.

Scores will be posted at Glocktalk.com in the Bluegrass glockers section of the clubhouse. All our matches are geared to beginners but even old hands will be challenged with our draw and fire matches that will require reloads and engaging multiple targets.

If you have any questions e-mail me gundoc@insightbb.com

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=53517
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 21:39   #104
LeMat
Jellybaby?

Bigfork Defensive Pistol

Bigfork Defensive Pistol
Bigfork, MT

We shoot the 2d Saturday of the month, March through October.

IDPA rules apply.

We often run 3-gun stages.

Go to our website for details and contact info. I no longer run the matches, but you can PM/email me with any questions.

-Evan
The 10 Ring #1300
LeMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 21:48   #105
Broylz

Send a message via Yahoo to Broylz
Montgomery County Shooting Complex

talked to them this weekend and they are more than willing to host any type of IDPA or IPSC stuff, maybe just a small group competition.

if anyone local is interested in starting anything up, let me know. id love to take advantage of their facility.
Broylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 23:04   #106
Glocks_R_2_Cool

Langhorne Rod & Gun Club - Only Hits Count

Langhorne Rod & Gun Club

Only Hits Count Action Pistol Match

Saturday, May 2 , 2009

Set up at 08:00

Hammer down at 09:00

There will be a side match

$ 1.00 to enter; winner gets 50%.

http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/Location.htm
Glocks_R_2_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 23:07   #107
Glocks_R_2_Cool

Langhorne R&GC Team Precision Rifle Match 05-09-09

Langhorne Rod & Gun Club
Team Precision Rifle Match
Saturday - May 9, 2009

Our goal is to pair teams up in a fashion that leaves us with an experienced shooter along with a newer one. For this reason, we are asking that if you are an experienced shooter, consider taking on someone a bit newer.

If you've served, competed in precision or practical several times before, or have instructed others in rifle craft, consider yourself experienced for this purpose, and help out a newer shooter. Chances are someone did this for you, so pass it forward guys.

Here are some general notes on the match:

· Open to members ($10) and non-members ($20). LE or US MIL get the member price. Bolt action or semi-auto, .223 up to .338LM.

· 45 rounds of match grade ammo. No pistol required. Shots are at MOA down to .5 MOA targets up to 200Y. An M4 with a hunting scope on it is not going to cut it, and if you are not prepared with the right equipment, we cannot team you up with someone who came prepared. Your scope must be capable of dialing windage and elevation.

· A sling is HIGHLY recommended. There will be shooting from positions other than bipod/ruck.

· Ranges are going to be from 100 to 200 yards.

· Equipment list:

o ZEROED Scoped Centerfire rifle with sling (no quarter for non-zeroed rifles)

o Field grade shooting platform (precision). This means bipod & rear bag, or rucksack & rear bag. No bags in front support.

o Standard range safety gear (chamber flag, eye/hearing protectors)

o Note/Databook, pen/pencil.

o Binoculars

o Spotting scope

o Calculator

o Match fee: $10 LRGC members, $20 non-members.

o Hydration, nourishment.

LRGC Team Precision rifle match, 5/9/09 9am

« on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:14 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Details here:

http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/pr...ion050909.html

We've run a team precision match before, but now we're going to score it like one. You can register as a single shooter and we'll pair you up based on skill level. We're endeavoring to have a more experiened shooter with a newer one. Registration is required, and available at the bottom of the page link posted.

Lots of fun and challenging stages that exercise your shooting skills, communication effectiveness, and ability to think and shoot under pressure.

--Fargo007
Old 04-28-2009, 23:10   #108
Glocks_R_2_Cool

LRGC Practical Rifle 2nd ANNUAL Ladies Day May 30

LRGC Practical Rifle

2nd ANNUAL Ladies Day

30 May 2009 - 9am to 3pm

Come out and support your husband/partner or make new friends, support the

shooting sports and have a great picnic - food and hydration will be provided!

Interested in practical shooting sports,

but never had the opportunity to give it a try?

Want to meet other ladies that have the same interests?

Please come and join us for our second annual Practical Rifle Ladies Day. It's a really good time and a "couples" match, in which each couple competes as a team

in an easygoing practical rifle match.

It's a friendly, low-stress day in which we get a chance to bring the ladies to the range and show them a good time.

You don't have to "know how" to do anything. It's the guy's job to help you out and get you all set up. If you've already got some experience (and LRGC has ladies that certainly do), feel free to run your own rifle. Maybe help your hubby out!

Lunch and hydration will be provided for the ladies match so come out and have fun. If you don't have a man, you will be paired up with one of our singles - remember, the men's score will only be counted if he has a lady to partner!

Make sure you check the club website for required equipment & registration

closer to the event. http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/practicalrifle/

So come on out for a nice day at the LRGC range

Let's make our second Ladies Day even better than the first!

LANGHORNE ROD & GUN CLUB PRACTICAL RIFLE
The last SATURDAY of every month, rain or shine, 0900-1630
Old 09-18-2009, 10:30   #109
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Central Kentucky
Boyle Co. Fish and Game Club (Junction City, the range is about 5 miles south of Danville)
1st and 3rd Sunday of the month (and 5th if there are five Sundays), this schedule starts in October. Will shoot in rain!
Time: 2:00 PM
Fee: $2 Members, $3 Non-members

Need: .380 caliber and up handgun, 1 holster for said firearm, and a magazine pouch. The mag pouch doesn't have to be a double, but it does make things easier. Ear and eye protection if you don't wear prescription glasses.

This is not an official anything, but it is IDPA style. A few minor differences, for instance there is no requirement for a cover garment. IDPA cardboard targets are used. Scoring is slightly different as well, nothing major.

Usually about 7 or 8 people show up, sometimes we get lucky and have 12 or more. Everyone is friendly and we'd be glad to have you stop on in!

The event usually lasts about 2 hrs or so, and we typically shoot around 50 rounds. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 09-18-2009 at 10:38..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:38   #110
Scouse

Orlando Match

Hi All,

I dragged a buddy visiting from Canada to help by R.Oing Sat; AM, COLD BRRR. We worked till 1PM on the plate racks, went out to eat, came back to shoot the match, huge turn out.

Mutch warmer! This is an add for the Glock 26, not shot mine for two years (but great hits at 25 yd)

One of the far targets, three rounds touching! All A's and B's except one C.

Not bragging, just amazed at the acuraccy of that old G26, standard trigger.
The old trigicon sights.

Keep Safe.
Old 03-02-2010, 18:00   #111
ajjacks916
IDPA SO

http://www.tts-idpa.net/
http://whidpa.com/
http://www.texassouthsection.com/
Old 04-18-2010, 14:37   #112
SCmasterblaster

Anything in Northern New England yet?

NH & VT, that is. Winter is over!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41   #113
Glocks_R_2_Cool

Contagion 2010 Zombie Shoot - New Holland R&PC Gap, PA - Sat. Oct. 23, 2010

Friends,

I am pleased to report that we will be holding our third annual Zombie Shoot at New Holland Gun Club near Gap, PA on Saturday October 23rd 2010. Over the next few months please check back as we will be updating this thread with registration information, prizes, sponsors, course of fire details etc. I can tell you this, Contagion 2010 will have six shooting evolution and by popular demand, a kick ***** inside shoot house stage.

We have made several structural changes to the shoot based on your feedback. Gone is the squad style shooting. You can arrive whenever you wish and shoot whatever evolutions you wish. Based on the size of New Holland Gun Club we are expanding our capacity to at least 200 shooters. That said, given our last Zombie event sold out in 14 minutes, I would suggest you pay careful attention to the registration information that will be posted in this thread.

More Shooting Evolutions.... More Fun...... Less Waiting..... More Flexibility...

Stay tuned...

http://www.nhrpc.org/
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44   #114
Glocks_R_2_Cool

Contagion 2010 Zombie Shoot - New Holland R&PC Gap, PA - Sat. Oct. 23, 2010

“Contagion 2010” Zombie Shoot Sponsorship

There are a variety of event sponsorship opportunities available to
corporations, small businesses, and individuals. For more information
on sponsorship please contact Christine McCreesh, Sponsorship
Coordinator

http://nhrpc.org/index.php/about/39-...ot-sponsorship
Old 10-08-2010, 22:50   #115
JoNxMeMpHiS

WoW! This is out of date but, I'll be shooting my first ever IDPA match at Volusia Gun Club on Sunday 10/10/10. If anyone live near here I understand they are very enthusiastic about their IDPA matches.

I'm having the WORST time deciding what I'll shoot though. Been practicing all week with a Glock 17 and a 19, a M&P Pro and my new Springfield Operator. It hell trying to figure it out since I shoot them all equally. The 1911 would obviously cost more but, I have a Dillon Square Deal B and newly purchased .45 dies.

Any suggestions?
FLA Glockers #95
JoNxMeMpHiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:54   #116
Scouse

What I use

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNxMeMpHiS View Post
WoW! This is out of date but, I'll be shooting my first ever IDPA match at Volusia Gun Club on Sunday 10/10/10. If anyone live near here I understand they are very enthusiastic about their IDPA matches.

I'm having the WORST time deciding what I'll shoot though. Been practicing all week with a Glock 17 and a 19, a M&P Pro and my new Springfield Operator. It hell trying to figure it out since I shoot them all equally. The 1911 would obviously cost more but, I have a Dillon Square Deal B and newly purchased .45 dies. Any suggestions?
Glock 19, quicker traversing left to right, or right to left (would you believe side to side!) use your Glock 17 magazines, it is allowed, and no chance of trapping that bit of skin, bottom of your reloading hand, little finger side. Ouch.

Sun screen, lots, ball cap, wrap around safety glasses, good ear muffs, high neck tee shirt (hot brass!) cooler, water. Little fold up chair can come in handy.

A jeep is better than a Corvette! Wear your sneakers, take your boots.

Mark your magazines, easier to spot, your first one (with 11 rounds, all the rest 10) can be a Glock 19 one, the rest, 3? Glock 17s. Ammo? Nothing fancy, Wally World White box. Take 200, you will not need them, better safe than sorry, they do keep.

Good luck.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:43   #117
JoNxMeMpHiS

Thanks Scouse. I'm on the way now.
FLA Glockers #95
JoNxMeMpHiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 23:06   #118
redneck1861

Oklahoma match list

Oklahoma and surrounding area match list.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/...-area-matches/

Feel free to join us at any match
redneck1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 16:33   #119
erh

Low Country IDPA/ Savannah/ Statesboro, GA. Area Shooters.!

We shoot every 2nd Saturday in Springfield, GA...
For more info go to:

http://www.lcidpa.com

Come shoot & have a GREAT Time w/ us..!

E!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:05   #120
A6Gator

IDPA Tri-State (Tn-Ms-Ar) Regional - 10 Sept 2011

Held at Memphis Sport Shooting Association in Lakeland, Tennessee (just east of Memphis)

http://idpa.com/major_match_info.asp...20Championship

http://home.comcast.net/~tri-state-r...l/site/?/home/

Looks like the weather should be great this weekend. Stage setting being completed today and tomorrow. It'll be a good test of skill and a great warm-up for the World's.
Old 04-23-2012, 19:02   #121
truculent

www.dallasthrowdown.com

LEO only fitness and shooting competition in Dallas, TX - June 15th, 16th.

The shooting portion will be a stress-shoot much like the SWAT competitions.
truculent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07   #122
majette

hampton roads virginia area

second saturday of every month, rain or shine, Aggressive Defensive Solutions puts on a match at the C2 outdoor range in virginia beach. not sanctioned or affiliated but is styled after idpa/uspsa/ipsc. no limits on pistol type, no mag capacity limits, no limits on holsters (although one might be hard pressed to run a shoulder rig). want to run that sig with 20rd mags from a safariland drop leg? 1911 with 10rd mags from iwb? go for it!

http://aggdefsol.com/shooting-matches/

here i am at the may 12th match. dressed in my SHIELD agent gear. brass in the air, it is all i can do to keep the dreaded hk muzzle flip down. (sarcasm, people complain you cant shoot hk in comps because of the muzzle flip)

General Competition

their bill drill stage, three targets, 6 rounds on each, mandatory reload between target transition. i shot extra to make sure each threat was neutralized.

youtube video

a side carbine stage is held every other match. this one was four positions, five shots from each. i nicked two hostages but they will live. all shots in the threat! the micro h1 is dialed in, just need a magnifier for it.

youtube video

local idpa matches are held every other friday at norfolk county rifle range in chesapeake. it is a private range but the events are open to the public. check out www.ncrr.net for schedules and info.

Last edited by majette; 05-14-2012 at 08:08..
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 18:39   #123
Chekdogs

ZSA's Zombie Action Pistol coming to Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club, Orlando, FL, first is June 29, 2013. More information about the match can soon be found at www.CFRPC.com. Information about ZSA Zombie Action Pistol can be found at http://zombieshootersassociation.com/.
Chekdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03   #124
Patrick R

LRGC Muzzleloader Match in NE Ohio

Lowellville Rod & Gun Club INC
6225 Quarry Road, Lowellville, OH 44436

Schedule for Black Powder Muzzleloader Matches

August 25, 2013 Sunday 12:00 Noon

September 22, 2013 Sunday 12:00 Noon

October 13, 2013 Sunday 12:00 Noon

-3 Classes:
-Muzzleloader Side Lock Rifles. Shoot at 25 yards & 50 yards.
-Muzzleloader Inline/Unlimited Rifles. Shoot at 50 Yards & 100 Yards.
-Muzzleloader Pistol/Revolver, Shoot at 25 Yards.
Side lock 10 rounds off hand 25 yards, 5 rounds off bench 50 Yards.
Inline 10 rounds off hand 50 yards, 5 rounds off bench 100 Yards.
Pistol 15 rounds off hand, slow fire.

You can sight in before match starting at 12:00 noon.

$5.00 each class entered. Prizes will be awarded.

Patrick (330) 507-2687 Match Director

Last edited by Patrick R; 08-12-2013 at 11:05..
Patrick R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:05   #125
Patrick R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
Lowellville Rod & Gun Club INC

6225 Quarry Road, Lowellville, OH 44436

Schedule for Black Powder Muzzleloader Matches

August 25, 2013 Sunday 12:00 Noon

September 22, 2013 Sunday 12:00 Noon

October 13, 2013 Sunday 12:00 Noon

-3 Classes:
-Muzzleloader Side Lock Rifles. Shoot at 25 yards & 50 yards.
-Muzzleloader Inline/Unlimited Rifles. Shoot at 50 Yards & 100 Yards.
-Muzzleloader Pistol/Revolver, Shoot at 25 Yards.
Side lock 10 rounds off hand 25 yards, 5 rounds off bench 50 Yards.
Inline 10 rounds off hand 50 yards, 5 rounds off bench 100 Yards.
Pistol 15 rounds off hand, slow fire.

You can sight in before match starting at 12:00 noon.

$5.00 each class entered. Prizes will be awarded.

Patrick (330) 507-2687 Match Director

A tailgate muzzleloader/black powder swap meet is encouraged. Bring out your extra stuff to sell.
Patrick R is offline   Reply With Quote