SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2012, 08:43   #1
Chesafreak

LC9 Range Observations

On previous trips to the range with my LC9, I had an occasional jam with 115 grain loads. (Federal FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense).

Yesterday I switched to 124 grain American Eagle and Gold Dot +P Short Barrel. No more jams. I think the longer bullet is helping it to feed more reliably.

Every time I have taken my LC9 to the range, the person in the lane to my right gets showered with my brass and gives up and leaves. The ejected cases go right over the wall into the next lane.

The Galloway trigger kit I had installed seems to make it a little more pleasant to shoot. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it does make a difference. I think that the trigger pull is a little smoother as well as shorter. The Galloway kit claims to cut the trigger travel in half, which it does. The Galloway trigger is supposed to start out all the way forward and break about halfway back. In my case, it starts halfway back and breaks all the way back where the original trigger group breaks at. The result is the same except for the trigger reach is shortened. I was going to complain about that and find out what caused the difference, but I think that the shortened trigger reach will make this the perfect gun for my small framed girlfriend to shoot. I am considering loaning it to her and getting myself something new to take its place.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 05-11-2012 at 12:40..
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
galloway, lc9