SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2012, 18:08   #1
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

Another phony hero

Do real navy seals do a lot of advertising that they were navy seals?

http://wtkr.com/2012/05/04/special-r...really-a-seal/
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 18:24   #2
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

I live in the city where a lot of SEALs live. SEAL team 6 is here. He lives in a nearby area.

Three of my neighbors are SEALs. They NEVER talk about it. Never act in any way different, never boast, nothing. The only way I know about it is two of the wives and ones girlfriend mentioned it to me in casual neighbor type circumstances. And the guys I know are the nicest people you'd ever meet. But I would not cross one.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 05-06-2012 at 18:36..
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 21:58   #3
Scott3670

This guy needs to have his ***** kicked. How dare he misrepresent himself in this way? What a tool.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 23:10   #4
jprj

Send a message via Yahoo to jprj

Let him do his claim and let osamas men do their part, as he gets mistaken. )
jprj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 23:28   #5
TSAX
USAF Vet

At least he was finally caught, he did quite the scam/con job. I do hope he gets his just desserts, it would be even better if it was from an actually someone from the teams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 23:31   #6
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Soledad O'Brien's "source" inside SEAL Team Six.

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:24   #7
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

No cries of racism from our usual liberal trolls?

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Old 05-08-2012, 13:58   #8
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Airedale View Post
Do real navy seals do a lot of advertising that they were navy seals?
I know one seal and one old UDT and have met a couple of other SEALs. They are very quiet about it from what I have seen. Same goes for other guys I know who were in similar units.
Old 05-08-2012, 15:25   #9
garyjandfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
I know one seal and one old UDT and have met a couple of other SEALs. They are very quiet about it from what I have seen. Same goes for other guys I know who were in similar units.
In my job, I interact from time-to-time with all sorts of Special Forces troops. I've found that a good rule of thumb is " The more they talk, the less they've done". The real heroes don't feel a need to brag to civilians like me. And I've also found them to be, almost without exception, courteous and cooperative to deal with.

"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."
garyjandfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 14:13   #10
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Soledad O'Brien's inside "operator" deserves another bump.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:00   #11
ChrisYZFR1

What a piece of ****.
G17, G19, G21, G22, G27, G30, G34, G35, Ruger LCP, S&W 1911PD, Sig P226, Colt Python, Kimber TLEII, Colt LE6940, Remington 700, Marlin 22, Ruger M77 MKII, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mini 14 and numerous other .22's and BB/Pellet guns.
ChrisYZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 14:43   #12
JordanK

I don't know how anybody bought his DD214 to begin with... half the medals (of which there are quite a few) are misspelled. Unless someone came up with a "Navy Sitinguished Service Medal" and a "meritiorious service medal" in the week since I got out of the military, anyway :p. Also, I'm fairly certain there is no presidental unit citation... but hey, who knows...

Last edited by JordanK; 05-14-2012 at 14:43.. Reason: Ironically, I misspelled something :p
JordanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 16:01   #13
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Bwahaha!! What a tool. Good job CNN & Soledad, way to VET your sources.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:04   #14
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I've know only one person that I can confirm was in the Special Forces (Army Rangers to be exact.) He rarely if ever talked about it much to people that he knew, much less to total strangers, and he never advertised that he served in the Special Forces.

If asked what he did in the Military, he usually said he was in the infantry. He was injured in a training exercise and was honorably discharged for medical reasons.

My friend says that most of the guys that he served with didn't really like taking about their Military job outside of the Military for various reasons, aside from what they weren't permitted to talk about anyhow.

Last edited by NEOH212; 05-15-2012 at 03:07..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:16   #15
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanK View Post
I don't know how anybody bought his DD214 to begin with... half the medals (of which there are quite a few) are misspelled. Unless someone came up with a "Navy Sitinguished Service Medal" and a "meritiorious service medal" in the week since I got out of the military, anyway :p. Also, I'm fairly certain there is no presidental unit citation... but hey, who knows...
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...United_States)

The individual equivalent is the Navy Cross, which (IIRC) he also awarded to himself.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:06   #16
JordanK

nope... that one is the PresidentIAL Unit Citation. I assume the Presidental Unit Citation is received for outstanding work on POTUS's wisdom teeth :p.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31   #17
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanK View Post
nope... that one is the PresidentIAL Unit Citation. I assume the Presidental Unit Citation is received for outstanding work on POTUS's wisdom teeth :p.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44   #18
JordanK

He did also award himself a Navy Cross... which I assume is the Navy equivalent of the Distinguished Service/Flying Cross. He also gave himself the silver star attachment. Which is impressive, since to my knowledge nobody has ever been awarded the six service cross medals necessary to deserve such a thing. Self-delusion knows no bounds, evidently.

Check it out if you like, his fake DD214 is towards the bottom of his POWnetwork profile.

http://www.pownetwork.org/horv/horv_900.htm
Old 05-15-2012, 07:46   #19
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

So many of these guys no matter how thorough they think they've been, just don't do enough background work that they ultimately fail due to some very minor discrepancy or mistake. One phoney in full uniform prentending to be a Marine Colonel using the base PX for unearned benefits, was tripped up when a PFC on guard at the maingate noticed he was wearing a Silver Star ribbon with a combat "V" attachment. Any real Marine would have known the the Silver Star is a strictly combat award so no combat "V" device is needed. Its little things like this that thankfully trip up these morons and reveal them for what they are. My personal opinion is that they should be prosecuted for this impersonation. This guy falsified his DD214 and that is a violation of the law.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51   #20
JordanK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-8 Marine View Post
So many of these guys no matter how thorough they think they've been, just don't do enough background work that they ultimately fail due to some very minor discrepancy or mistake. One phoney in full uniform prentending to be a Marine Colonel using the base PX for unearned benefits, was tripped up when a PFC on guard at the maingate noticed he was wearing a Silver Star ribbon with a combat "V" attachment. Any real Marine would have known the the Silver Star is a strictly combat award so no combat "V" device is needed. Its little things like this that thankfully trip up these morons and reveal them for what they are. My personal opinion is that they should be prosecuted for this impersonation. This guy falsified his DD214 and that is a violation of the law.
To me, these guys are too pathetic to be hated. If they defraud someone or some organization in the course of their impersonation... they should of course be prosecuted for fraud/theft/whatever. If all they want is attention and respect that better men than them have earned... I think they should just be persecuted for rampant *********gery. I.E., humiliated in public to whatever extent is possible. Seems somehow wrong to me to put somebody in prison just for being a jerk. Even here in Texas, we'd run outta cells real fast if we got into that habit.