SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-08-2012, 19:58   #1
220-9er

Trigger Protection in Cloth Holster

Hi Mas,
I recently tried the Kangaroo Carry holster (like a belly band) and really like the way it carries and conceals my G27.
I realize I need to practice the draw stroke for speed and so I don't cover any body parts. My real concern is the protection for the trigger while carrying. I have only used leather and kydex before so a cloth holster seem to offer less protection for the trigger. Do you think this type of holster is OK in this regard and have you seem any other issues I should be concerned with?
Thanks for all the advice you give in this forum.
220-9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:53   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

I haven't worked personally with the particular holster you mention. If its construction allowed the trigger to be pulled through the cloth while still in the holster, I personally would not carry it, at least with a round in the chamber.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 20:26   #3
220-9er

What I mean by trigger protection (or lack of) is that the sides being a thick cloth is still more pliable than a hard plastic or leather. The trigger is as well down inside the holster just as my more traditional ones. This isn't just this particular brand as several others seem to be similar in this regard (Smartcarry, Bellyband, etc.). I was just wondering if you have heard of any problems with cloth holsters in general. Thanks again for your help.
220-9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 22:35   #4
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Without seeing and feeling just how pliable it is, I can't advise. If the trigger can be pulled while it's in the holster, I'd steer clear. Some belly bands use extra layers to make the trigger unreachable through the fabric, and some use a hard insert.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote