GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-28-2012, 21:56   #21
strakele

Thanks for the comments and glad my review was helpful to someone!
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 23:53   #22
TSAX
USAF Vet

LaserLyte is one of those hit or miss products, when hit they are really good but when miss its frustrating. I prefer LaserMax and Crimson Trace. If you like their concept/version of laser Id say give them a try. The no need for thicker grip and different holsters is very attractive. And some people dont want a rail laser or switching out their guide rod. On the other hand some people want to grip and activate or turn on with the support hand when it meets the gun.

For me Ive had great success with LaserMax and Crimson Trace. No first hand with the LaserLyte except for the people Ive known who have tried it or read about using it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16   #23
skipitxd40

I am curious, would the AmeriGlo +1 Classic Night Gr/Yel front sight only be a good idea? especially in the event of the laser failier Also I doubt the Laser Lyte would mount on the Ameriglo rear sight.
Of course this all may be academic since im just out the door for Cataric surgury consult & dont know when my procedure will be done & could wind up blind any how.
If so I will have a couple guns for sale
skipitxd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 17:41   #24
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipitxd40 View Post
I like many im sure just gotta have the guide rod laser but Not at $300.+

The LaserMax guide rod lasers can be had for well under $300.00...

http://www.lasersales.com/index.php/...07a5442b21a61d

...though I'm not sure which gun model you're talking about.

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13   #25
strakele

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr0981 View Post
wow you guys are great for sharing this info in such detail! thanks for taking the time to help everyone out! (and myself too)

I'm seriously looking for a laser sight for my G29, i'm sure you're aware it's a 10MM which will be even harder on the poor little laser then a 9MM is.... so i guess this is the gods telling me to go with a tritium ghost sight instead.... i really like the Laser on my M&P 9MM, but it has to be removed when it goes in the C.C.H., a I.W.B. type, and it's looking like the Glock is no different....
If you're willing to make the few tweaks I listed, I'm sure you could have it running reliably on a 10mm. I think I saw a video of a LaserLyte installed on a Desert Eagle. May have been something else though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipitxd40 View Post
I am curious, would the AmeriGlo +1 Classic Night Gr/Yel front sight only be a good idea? especially in the event of the laser failier Also I doubt the Laser Lyte would mount on the Ameriglo rear sight.
Of course this all may be academic since im just out the door for Cataric surgury consult & dont know when my procedure will be done & could wind up blind any how.
If so I will have a couple guns for sale
I have an AmeriGlo tritium front sight on mine coupled with the LaserLyte and it's great.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12   #26
tyr0981

oh sory i didn't keep the post updated, i did install the LaserLyte on the 29, haven't had any problems so far, no battery cover lossening (i've checked several times) or shut off's (except for the timer turning it off that is) their just wasn't a better option for my needs, and i'm happy with it so far!
tyr0981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 17:38   #27
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr0981 View Post
oh sory i didn't keep the post updated, i did install the LaserLyte on the 29, haven't had any problems so far, no battery cover lossening (i've checked several times) or shut off's (except for the timer turning it off that is) their just wasn't a better option for my needs, and i'm happy with it so far!

I'm glad to hear that it has worked out for you!

I've got a Hogue grip on my G17 and love it! While a piece of inner tube might work well for some folks, the Hogue has much more to offer, with palm swells and finger grooves. Works for me!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 19:38   #28
rtba26

For those that have this sight. Did you install yourself, or take to gunsmith? It seems like an easy DIY project. Any tips on doing it on your own? I have a G26.
rtba26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 19:45   #29
strakele

I installed it myself. Locked the slide into a vice to hold it still. It'll probably be hard to get the stock plastic one out without deforming it a little. The LaserLyte kit comes with a brass punch to tap the laser in.

Not difficult at all.
Old 01-16-2013, 13:33   #30
strakele

1 year update:

Laser has been getting dim recently and turning off by itself. Replaced the batteries and all seems fine. Range trip this weekend to confirm.

It's hard to say how much time it actually spent on in the past year to evaluate the battery life claim of 5 hours in constant mode, but I'd guess it's pretty close. I've spent quite a bit of time practicing turning it on during my draw, and used it at the range as well.

The original batteries in my Beretta guide rod laser are still good years later, to give some kind of comparison.
Old 01-16-2013, 13:41   #31
rtba26

Got one for Christmas and had to return it. Would not adjust for windage. Must clarify that it was the older version (RL-1). Was so turned off that I don't think I will try the newer model. Will either try night sights, red dot, Lasermax (not sure it's worth the $) or just stay stock (practice point & shoot).
rtba26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14   #32
dohcacr

Thanks for sharing

[URL="http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=187398"]strakele,[/URL]

Thanks for sharing your experience with the laserlyte. I installed a RTB-GL about 5 months ago on my G26, following your instructions, and have not had a single problem with it.

Last edited by dohcacr; 05-12-2013 at 07:16..
dohcacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 14:00   #33
strakele

Glad this has been helpful.

As a quick update if anyone is still interested, my laser had been getting kind of flaky.. turning off, dim, didn't want to come on, etc. Last weekend I fully disassembled it, cleaned all of the electrical contacts and batteries, reassembled, and it's back to working as it should.