GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2012, 19:33   #21
Desert Duck

welcome to GT. Enjoy your G19. Great choice and all around ideal.... for now.
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53   #22
aaronmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Welcome to GT and congrats on the permit!

What's the procedure, if any, for you to ditch those restrictions? Just curious

Welcome from Washington county! I too, am curious what the plan is to get rid of the restrictions (i'm restricted to hunting and target shooting). I'd like to at least carry camping and hiking, etc... Although always on me would be nice.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:28   #23
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Welcome from Brooklyn.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10   #24
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmj View Post
Welcome from Washington county! I too, am curious what the plan is to get rid of the restrictions (i'm restricted to hunting and target shooting). I'd like to at least carry camping and hiking, etc... Although always on me would be nice.
It varies by county, so I was curious about what he was going to do for his county.

Here are a couple suggestions for you, assuming it has been at least a year you've had your permit, and you haven't been getting speeding tickets or in other trouble.

You could join or go to a gun club in your area and talk to other owners with Washington County permits, and see what they have to say about the process. Although keep in mind that rumor is as strong in real life as it is on the internet.

You could stop into your county clerks office, and nicely and politely inquire about the process. You could call instead, but sometimes phone calls don't work too good in communicating.

Along the way, you could get a certificate in NRA basic pistol, and then a certificate in NRA personal protection outside the home. These might (and I mean might) help you if you ever write a judge a nice letter asking for your restrictions to be removed.

Your county might have some other specifc training course that needs to be required as part of this process.

Bottom line is it will all be very specific to your county, your clerk, and your judge. The judge has the authority, but the clerk might know the details. Some counties also involve the police in this sort of decision process, other counties don't rely on the police for anything other than the background check.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote