Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:15   #1
user1

TRIGGER - Remove from trigger bar

The title says it all. I would like to change out a trigger only and switch from the "grooved" trigger to a "smooth" trigger.

IMO, the trigger was attached to the trigger bar in the beginning. Therefore, it seems to me that there should be (is) a way to de-tach the trigger from a trigger bar.

(I have a trigger bar that is slightly bent at the cruciform. It causes the trigger bar to "catch" on the rear of drop safety shelf on the right side of the trigger housing as the trigger bar is released and is moving fully forward toward the safe action position.)

thanks.

"buy, buy says the sign in the shop window
why, why says the crap in the yard.""

.mccartney
user1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 00:20   #2
DJ Niner

IIRC, the trigger and trigger bar are sold as a unit. I think they were designed to be installed and replaced that way due to the way they are assembled (blind pinning), and I do not remember ever seeing one offered for sale as a part without the other being attached/included.

I have personally replaced many of my smaller Glocks' grooved trigger assemblies with smooth trigger assemblies, and they were always replaced as a single unit.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>> http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot...ed-before.html

Last edited by DJ Niner; 05-07-2012 at 00:22..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attach, trigger, trigger bar