Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:02   #1
mingaa

S&W M&P Sport in stock

http://grabagun.com/s-w-m-p15-spt-55...-30rd-fld.html S&W M&P Sports back in stock at Grab A Gun! $614. How many hours will they last?!?!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14   #2
caffeine311

Already gone!
caffeine311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 15:47   #3
Hawkeye16

They were in stock when I looked at 12:47 central so must have sol out shortly after.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Hawkeye16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 16:22   #4
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Foe a couple hundred more anyone can build a much better quality AR then the M&P Sport.
Old 04-17-2012, 16:35   #5
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
Foe a couple hundred more anyone can build a much better quality AR then the M&P Sport.
That may be true, however , there is not another factory built rifle that is the same or better quality sold at the price point of the Sport.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 17:17   #6
DieselNut

Send a message via AIM to DieselNut
I haven't found a reason the attraction to the m&p sport. I guess it is a better alternative than dpms though.
Old 04-17-2012, 18:12   #7
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNut View Post
I haven't found a reason the attraction to the m&p sport. I guess it is a better alternative than dpms though.
The attraction is that it is a complete rifle, from a reputable manufacturer with a lifetime warranty for $600. It is a great rifle for those who want to go to the range, shoot friendly competitions, hunt, etc that do not need everything to be mil-spec. You know, the average Joe, instead of the GI Joe.

It does everything the average shooter wants a rifle to do, at a price point that doesn't break the bank. The average shooter does not put thousands of rounds through it every month, is not LE, is not military, etc... It has opened up the AR platform to many that would otherwise not have an AR, and that is a good thing in my opinion.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 18:24   #8
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Black Rifle Forum
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 18:30   #9
mingaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
The attraction is that it is a complete rifle, from a reputable manufacturer with a lifetime warranty for $600. It is a great rifle for those who want to go to the range, shoot friendly competitions, hunt, etc that do not need everything to be mil-spec. You know, the average Joe, instead of the GI Joe.

It does everything the average shooter wants a rifle to do, at a price point that doesn't break the bank. The average shooter does not put thousands of rounds through it every month, is not LE, is not military, etc... It has opened up the AR platform to many that would otherwise not have an AR, and that is a good thing in my opinion.
Well said M8!!
Old 04-17-2012, 20:05   #10
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

Quote:
The attraction is that it is a complete rifle, from a reputable manufacturer
Yup.

Quote:
with a lifetime warranty for $600.
It sure does. 1 year manufacturer warranty, Limited Lifetime Service Warranty.

Quote:
It is a great rifle for those who want to go to the range, shoot friendly competitions, hunt, etc that do not need everything to be mil-spec. You know, the average Joe, instead of the GI Joe.
Even though I'm not G.I. Joe, can I subscribe to the ethos "Knowing is half the battle."?

Quote:
It has opened up the AR platform to many that would otherwise not have an AR, and that is a good thing in my opinion.
All kidding aside, cyphertext is right on. ^ That is me.
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 20:21   #11
FriscoCHL

Quote:
It has opened up the AR platform to many that would otherwise not have an AR, and that is a good thing in my opinion.

case in point. i was in a position and opportunity to purchase one. for me it wasnt about save a little more for the pony. it was spend it now or it will get lost in the bills.

Last edited by FriscoCHL; 04-17-2012 at 20:22..
FriscoCHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13   #12
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:

Absolutely correct! People can pit them down all they like, but the fact remains LGS can't keep enough of them in stock.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55   #13
DieselNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Absolutely correct! People can pit them down all they like, but the fact remains LGS can't keep enough of them in stock.
I ain't putting them down. Doesn't dmps have a rifle similar w/o the same features? Comparing the two S&W wins. I just like the features that it lacks.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:52   #14
mingaa

Quote:
I ain't putting them down. Doesn't dmps have a rifle similar w/o the same features? Comparing the two S&W wins. I just like the features that it lacks.
Yep - and due to the lack of availability of the S&W I'm one of the chumps that bought a $600 DPMS. So far the gun has shot accurately and trouble free (close to 1,000 rds) and DPMS support has been quite good. Having this gun now (with practice time) will get me into 3gun in 2012 (a personal goal) - I had the Vortex SPARC red dot on another gun. It has a 2 MOA dot which covers a lot of target at 100 yds. My iron sights are basic and good to about the same distance due mostly to my 54 year young eyesight - not quite as accurate. Some day Powerball or Mega Millions may allow me to get into the dream gun category. I'd say that I have good to very good guns across the board and noob that I am to ARs I'd include the S&W and the DPMS in that. I've been pre-flamed for mentioning the "D" word on the forum in the past - I also have a Kahr CW9 (you know, the affordable one) AND I have been known to buy LEO trade in Glocks and Sigs. *climbs under his desk*

Black Rifle Forum
Current state of DPMS
Black Rifle Forum
only 75 yds after zero but WTF!

Black Rifle Forum

Last edited by mingaa; 04-19-2012 at 08:57..
mingaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11   #15
mingaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Black Rifle Forum
Got a higher res link that is readable?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40   #16
DieselNut

With the $600 price range I'd probably grab this option http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...6%22+HBAR+.223 I know this doesn't blow any skirts up, but seems reasonable without giving up a dust cover and FA. Ships free too.

Last edited by DieselNut; 04-19-2012 at 11:41..
DieselNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44   #17
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
Got a higher res link that is readable?
Since you asked....
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45   #18
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
With the $600 price range I'd probably grab this option http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...6%22+HBAR+.223 I know this doesn't blow any skirts up, but seems reasonable without giving up a dust cover and FA. Ships free too.
I'd rather have the Sport without the FA and dust cover, or spend another $100 for a PSA build...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52   #19
mingaa

Quote:
Yeah, I was watching Doublestars at the same time and though I never shot one I liked what I read. There were none to be found and I sat on my budget for as long as I could. But, yeah S&W and DS were both above DPMS on my list. Still, I won't say that I am unhappy. The gun performs and I'm learning. I'm new to optics as well and thought a 2MOA dot would do better at 100yds. Now I'm thinking about fairly low powered adjustable scopes. Input appreciated. I want the AR shooting farther than my AK. It's more accurate for sure. I don't want to completely lose it's closer quarters usefulness - maybe think BUIS to 50 Yds??
Old 04-19-2012, 11:55   #20
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingaa View Post
Yeah, I was watching Doublestars at the same time and though I never shot one I liked what I read. There were none to be found and I sat on my budget for as long as I could. But, yeah S&W and DS were both above DPMS on my list. Still, I won't say that I am unhappy. The gun performs and I'm learning. I'm new to optics as well and thought a 2MOA dot would do better at 100yds. Now I'm thinking about fairly low powered adjustable scopes. Input appreciated. I want the AR shooting farther than my AK. It's more accurate for sure. I don't want to completely lose it's closer quarters usefulness - maybe think BUIS to 50 Yds??
I make solid, repeatable hits on MoM size targets at 150 with a 4MOA Aimpoint and a Mk. 18 upper, shooting M193. A 2MOA dot and 16" gun will be a cakewalk.