GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:49   #1
JuneyBooney

Would you shoot rioters if they were neighbors?

This is purely a hypothetical question but would you shoot rioters near your home if they were burning the homes and cars and beating the residents down? Here is another addition..what if the rioters were kids from your own neighborhood? Would you shoot them down without compunction to save yourself and other and your property?

In my opinion I think it would be justified if anarchy breaks out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:50   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
This is purely a hypothetical question but would you shoot rioters near your home if they were burning the homes and cars and beating the residents down? Here is another addition..what if the rioters were kids from your own neighborhood? Would you shoot them down without compunction to save yourself and other and your property?

Yes, if I HAD too........

Old 04-15-2012, 11:00   #3
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:

In that situation, that ^^^ would be the only basis of my decision making process.

Everything else is just details.

Quote:
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11   #4
Ruggles

To save lives certainly yes, to protect property not so sure. Depends on what exactly was going on and how old these kids were.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:56   #5
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
To save lives certainly yes, to protect property not so sure. Depends on what exactly was going on and how old these kids were.
Let's say around 17 and they are burning homes and cars. Beating people with tire irons too. Like a typical riot.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08   #6
F350

I don't have a number AK style rifles with loaded 100 and 75 round drums for nothing.....

Like I told my boss when he found out I carried my shorty AR and 10, 30 round mags to a housing project the day after the Rodney King riots to do some phone work, he asked "You wouldn't have really hurt anyone would you?"

I said "(John); if the SOBs had come after me, the cops would have been stacking bodies like cord wood"!

Age be damned, if they are old enough to burn, loot and beat people, they're old enough to die!

Last edited by F350; 04-15-2012 at 12:09..
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 13:08   #7
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
I don't have a number AK style rifles with loaded 100 and 75 round drums for nothing.....

Like I told my boss when he found out I carried my shorty AR and 10, 30 round mags to a housing project the day after the Rodney King riots to do some phone work, he asked "You wouldn't have really hurt anyone would you?"

I said "(John); if the SOBs had come after me, the cops would have been stacking bodies like cord wood"!

Age be damned, if they are old enough to burn, loot and beat people, they're old enough to die!
Now that is how I think.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-15-2012, 13:13   #8
michael e

Quote:
Would you shoot them down without compunction to save yourself and other and your property?
YES, I will do what it takes to save my family. If they looted the corner store that is not my problem, if they try to harm my family that is.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 14:04   #9
CitizenOfDreams

What are my options again? a) Shoot them, or b) let them burn my home and beat me with tire irons? Is that a trick question?
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 14:42   #10
Ruggles

Quote:
Let's say around 17 and they are burning homes and cars. Beating people with tire irons too. Like a typical riot.
In that case , oh hell yeah
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 20:39   #11
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
In that case , oh hell yeah
Well, we should always be prepared for the worst.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-15-2012, 20:40   #12
Osborne

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
If I or my family is in danger I wouldn't hesitate.
Old 04-15-2012, 20:41   #13
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
What are my options again? a) Shoot them, or b) let them burn my home and beat me with tire irons? Is that a trick question?
It was a typical riot situation like 1992 and the Dc riots in Adams Morgan some years back, Be prepared and have your riot/zombie guns always ready.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-15-2012, 20:42   #14
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
If I or my family is in danger I wouldn't hesitate.
You have the proper mindset to do what is necessary. Modern America seems to be coming apart so the mindset has to be adjusted accordingly.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-15-2012, 22:55   #15
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Beating people with tire irons? Buckshot, apply as necessary.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 13:50   #16
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

The neighborly thing to do would be to mortally wound the neighborhood kids, not kill them.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 23:02   #17
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
The neighborly thing to do would be to mortally wound the neighborhood kids, not kill them.
I guess that would be "neighborly".

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-17-2012, 23:02   #18
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
Beating people with tire irons? Buckshot, apply as necessary.
Cojone shots would work nicely.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16   #19
hammerkill

Quote:
Would you shoot rioters if they were neighbors?

With pleasure!
hammerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29   #20
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post

Ha. F350. Well said
dpadams6 is online now   Reply With Quote