Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-05-2012, 16:20   #1
jtwodogs

KKM G20 barrel rocks it! lone wolf not so much

This is posted on another thread but I thought I would start with this previous info.
I bought a lone wolf barrel for my 10 it consistently had light primer strickes while my factory barrel shot perfectly. I suspected that the chamber was cut to long. I sent the barrel back to them they refunded my money minus 15% restocking fee and shipping, I have ordered a kkm barrel will post how it goes when I get it.
Well got the KKM barrel in and guess what no light strikes, Lone Wolf insisted there was nothing wrong with there barrel, what a load of Hog*****! If my factory barrel worked perfectly and the KKM barrel worked perfectly, and I was lucky to get 2 to fire out of a clip on the Lone Wolf barrel the rest were light struck. They should have refunded all my money plus shipping for sending me that crap. Enough b*tching. This KKM barrel rocked it. No feed jams. Accuracy was awesome, came close to cutting a 6 inch sapling in two from 30 yds of hand with two clips of ammo (180 FMJ Masters ammo). I could not be happier with this set up. I think the barrel even looks better in the gun.
Lesson learned; cheaper in this case defintley not better.
Gun-Parts & Access.
jtwodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 16:59   #2
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Do you have pictures of any of the light strikes?
Were you able to measure the LW chamber dimensions?

Last edited by samurairabbi; 04-05-2012 at 17:00..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 17:21   #3
jtwodogs

I fired all the light strikes today, I did not have the gauges to measure the chamber depth. I do not know of another exlplanation as to why the OEM barrel and the KKM barrel worked perfectly, but the wolff barrel would not work?
Old 04-06-2012, 20:19   #4
jtwodogs

OEM barrel shot perfect, KKM barrel shot perfect. What ever the problem was I do not know for sure. I do know one thing. "Drop in fit" means "Drop in fit". The Lone Wolf missed it.
Old 04-06-2012, 22:25   #5
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

... and because the barrel is now back at LW, we may never know WHY the problem occurred. Mis-machining to cause out-of-spec headspace is a possible cause, but there ARE other possible causes.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:18   #6
jtwodogs

Yes, I should have tried to figure what Lone Wolf had done wrong in building the "Drop in fit" barrel, but figured I was already out some money and time just wanted to be done with the situation and have my Glock up and running again, should have not tried to save a few bucks, I have not seen anything bad on KKM, and just wanted to let everone know that I was another satisfied customer of KKM.

Last edited by jtwodogs; 04-07-2012 at 05:22..
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56   #7
ScottieG59

I think it is too easy to generalize based on a single item. It is also one of those things that happens with man made items. I have purchased and used a couple Lone Wolf barrels and they worked well. Overall, that is the experience I have seen with others. Of course, there are other options and testing an item is a good idea before you depend on it.

Out there in fly-over country...
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:36   #8
jtwodogs

I agree that it may have been a spurious default. I work in a lab, and know there can be a spurious result, it happens. What upset me the most was they claimed there was nothing wrong with the barrel, and therefore I was not intitled to a full refund plus shipping. In this day and age, companies are becoming accutley aware that customer service goes a long way toward customer retention. Even in a hospital setting where I work they have spent millions on how to woo back a customer that has had a bad experience. Denying the problem existed in the first place is never one of them.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35   #9
ignantmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwodogs View Post
I agree that it may have been a spurious default. I work in a lab, and know there can be a spurious result, it happens. What upset me the most was they claimed there was nothing wrong with the barrel, and therefore I was not intitled to a full refund plus shipping. In this day and age, companies are becoming accutley aware that customer service goes a long way toward customer retention. Even in a hospital setting where I work they have spent millions on how to woo back a customer that has had a bad experience. Denying the problem existed in the first place is never one of them.
maybe we'll read about someone else with the same problem soon.......if the barrel got put back on the shelf
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 17:33   #10
rv4driver

I had to do some "corrective machining" on my Lone Wolf barrel also. Only then, did it drop in. I haven't had any light strikes, though. My Storm Lake barrel was drop in, and no problems with it either.

Jeff
rv4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 20:45   #11
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4driver View Post
I had to do some "corrective machining" on my Lone Wolf barrel also. Only then, did it drop in. I haven't had any light strikes, though. My Storm Lake barrel was drop in, and no problems with it either.

Jeff
I have four Storm Lake barrels; don't ask why - LOL
G27 40-9mm
G23 40-9mm
G23 40
G27 357 Sig 4.16" ported black Isonite QPQ

They all just dropped in and perform flawlessly.

Barth Six Barrels
Gun-Parts & Access.
barth is offline   Reply With Quote