Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 21:33   #81
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaman View Post
Why do all of these edc threads have a bunch of pictures of guns/knives that have never been carried?
Probably because riding along in a pocket doesn't generally create visible wear to a pocket knife.

Example: The items in my picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post

Carry Issues

That gun has been my primary daily carry (everywhere legal other than the gym or the beach) for something around 5 years now. The Spyderco has been the same since Christmas, although the Emerson I used to show in the pictures that filled that role for a couple years looked just as new as well.

A little Flitz metal polish is all it takes to keep my pocket knives looking like new for their photo ops.

Now, the keychain flashlight shows wear. It's been on my keychain, most of the time, for many years. It gets dropped a lot, often onto concrete. Still going strong though. Those Chinese know how to make a flashlight. (seriously)

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 04-15-2012 at 21:35..
Old 04-15-2012, 23:32   #82
Lawman90

Quote:
Why do all of these edc threads have a bunch of pictures of guns/knives that have never been carried?
Part of why I like to carry my S&W 3rd gens is because they take wear pretty well.

Old 04-16-2012, 00:11   #83
brausso

Quote:
because it's the internets
Old 04-16-2012, 17:29   #84
Zeroskillet
MIA 305

Quote:
Dude a gun/knife doesn't have to look like it went to Iraq and back in order to have been carried.

I've carried my glock for at least 4 years and it really doesn't have much noticeable "wear". Most people on here aren't full time operators beating their guns and gear to crap.....Most people here are living in urban setting with the use of such gear reflecting it.

"God gets you to the plate, but once you're there you're on your own." Ted Williams.

Last edited by Zeroskillet; 04-16-2012 at 17:32..
Old 04-16-2012, 17:31   #85
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroskillet View Post
Dude a gun/knife doesn't have to look like it went to Iraq and back in order to have been carried?

I've carried my glock for at least 4 years and it really doesn't have much noticeable "wear".
I agree, I carried my Browning HiPower for 10years and there has never been a mark on it that a oil cloth didnt take off. It still looks new in its outward appearance.

Last edited by FireForged; 04-16-2012 at 17:32..

Closed Thread

Tags
comp tac, edc, every day carry, glock