Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:52   #51
Navitimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by writersblock View Post
That said, why don't you tell me who you are? You seem to know who I am and you called me names in a public forum. Stop hiding behind your anonymity. Or, are you too much of coward to show yourself?

I'm not being combative here. I'm just pointing out that regardless of your free speech rights, you don't get to yell "fire" in a crowded theater, nor do you get to post libelous rants anonymously.

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
mailto:justin@hyattgunstore.com

Justin - you obviously missed post #37 where I addressed who I was. Do you really expect every customer that had or has a complaint with your shop to post their name and address here? I could have put your name in my original response to the OP if I wanted an attempt at being "libelous." I obviously didn't do that. You were the one that chose to say who you were, not I. Sounds like the childish behavior you displayed when I met you in person continues.
Old 04-12-2012, 14:27   #52
writersblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navitimer View Post
Justin - you obviously missed post #37 where I addressed who I was. Do you really expect every customer that had or has a complaint with your shop to post their name and address here? I could have put your name in my original response to the OP if I wanted an attempt at being "libelous." I obviously didn't do that. You were the one that chose to say who you were, not I. Sounds like the childish behavior you displayed when I met you in person continues.
I don't recall you coming in and speaking with me, but the point here is you have still failed to identify yourself, showing exactly what you are: a coward.

I don't expect everyone who has a problem to give their name, just the one's who make personal attacks.

Thanks for proving my point.

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
Old 04-12-2012, 14:36   #53
tim12232
Pistolero

Your prices in store are still a WHOLE lot higher than even msrp, going back to the Dan Wesson black VBOB in the back of the store in the case. You guys have marked for 2800 dollars and the Dan Wesson sight has an msrp of 2100 give or take 50. Explain that to me! I would negotiate if you had msrp marked, but I dont see you guys giving a thousand dollars off your sticker!
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
Old 04-12-2012, 15:16   #54
writersblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim12232 View Post
Your prices in store are still a WHOLE lot higher than even msrp, going back to the Dan Wesson black VBOB in the back of the store in the case. You guys have marked for 2800 dollars and the Dan Wesson sight has an msrp of 2100 give or take 50. Explain that to me! I would negotiate if you had msrp marked, but I dont see you guys giving a thousand dollars off your sticker!
Man, we apologize for this one. Apparently, our CZ price list hadn't been updated to the new, lower Dan Wesson pricing for 2012. Thank you for pointing this out. I was able to get the pricing updated on all of our in-stock Dan Wessons.

Now, if you really want to get your best price, visit our web store. We have pricing well below MSRP there on all of our new inventory (what we like to call our lowest negotiated prices) and great deals on used guns.

Again, I appreciate you pointing this out.

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
Old 04-12-2012, 15:22   #55
Navitimer

Quote:
I don't recall you coming in and speaking with me, but the point here is you have still failed to identify yourself, showing exactly what you are: a coward.

I don't expect everyone who has a problem to give their name, just the one's who make personal attacks.

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
Keep the posts coming JA! Again, you're the one that felt compelled to post your name, which wasn't a well-played move to start with. Based on the fact that this thread is now three pages long (most of which is folks calling you out for your poor business practices), I think most folks on this forum see things my way. Most of this forum is comprised of very knowledgeable gun enthusiasts who know what comprises a fair price range. The OP posted his bad experience with Hyatt, and multiple other folks including me chimed in with their frustrations with your shop as well. It's obvious that you're not a regular poster here on the GlockTalk forum, but gripes on gunshops come and go, along with postings of great experiences. We like our GT friends to know when things went great with a retailer, as well as when they went terrible.

Also, does your boss know you're adding fuel to the fire by making his shop and employees look like fools by continually making these posts? He probably wouldn't appreciate that. Every time you post it goes back to the top of the forum list, so everyone sees it. You're just further advertising your shop's problems.
Old 04-12-2012, 15:39   #56
writersblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navitimer View Post
Keep the posts coming JA! Again, you're the one that felt compelled to post your name, which wasn't a well-played move to start with. Based on the fact that this thread is now three pages long (most of which is folks calling you out for your poor business practices), I think most folks on this forum see things my way. Most of this forum is comprised of very knowledgeable gun enthusiasts who know what comprises a fair price range. The OP posted his bad experience with Hyatt, and multiple other folks including me chimed in with their frustrations with your shop as well. It's obvious that you're not a regular poster here on the GlockTalk forum, but gripes on gunshops come and go, along with postings of great experiences. We like our GT friends to know when things went great with a retailer, as well as when they went terrible.

Also, does your boss know you're adding fuel to the fire by making his shop and employees look like fools by continually making these posts? He probably wouldn't appreciate that. Every time you post it goes back to the top of the forum list, so everyone sees it. You're just further advertising your shop's problems.
I'm glad to keep it at the top. This ultimately is great promotion for the shop. I think most people know that we treat our customers with great respect and offer a great selection of products along with expertise to back it up.

BTW, what's your name again?

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
Old 04-12-2012, 15:46   #57
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

My name is Luke, and I'd never go to a shop where one of the employees was posting on the internet about his customers being cowards for not posting their names in a thread complaining about poor customer service. Just because it makes you, and by extension your store, sound stupid.

How's that?
For the last time
Old 04-12-2012, 15:47   #58
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
I get the sense that everyone here is very unhappy, in general, with their shopping experiences at their local gun shop, regardless of locale.

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
No, you just ignored the positive experiences people posted about, including mine at Firepower which I offered as an alternative to the OP incase he wasn't familiar with that store. I also have had good experiences at Streichers and Lawman both on Clanton Rd.

I had great experiences at Edleman's and Navy Arms when I lived in NJ. Both have since moved out of NJ due to the ridiculous NJ gun laws, but were always standup places for decades.

Here is an example of how they did things at Navy Arms. My father wanted a Springfield Milspec 1911. The gun was listed at $339.00 in Shotgun News at one place and my dad asked Navy Arms if they would transfer one for him. NA's price was good, but not that good. The salesman said "What do you want to transfer it for, the price?" My dad answered yes and the guy said no problem, and offered him the gun for $339.00! My dad took two and told me I owe him $339.00 That was in the early 90's.

Edleman's and Navy Arms are still in business, in PA and VA I think, but I don't know if they have retail stores.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 04-12-2012, 15:49   #59
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
My name is Luke, and I'd never go to a shop where one of the employees was posting on the internet about his customers being cowards for not posting their names in a thread complaining about poor customer service. Just because it makes you, and by extension your store, sound stupid.

How's that?
Anybody who doesn't post their SS#, and ATM PIN codes on the internet is a coward!!

Old 04-12-2012, 16:25   #60
Navitimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Anybody who doesn't post their SS#, and ATM PIN codes on the internet is a coward!!
I agree WiskyT, that's obviously the viewpoint of Hyatt Guns. This clown get's all bent out of shape because he got called a "complete DB" on an internet forum. Mercy me! Hopefully I didn't make him cry by saying that. That's about the worst thing I've ever heard someone called . He's probably been sitting at work all day waiting for another post he can respond to and make his shop, his boss, and fellow employees look even worse! Not a well-played move!

Justin from Hyatt - I'm glad this is what you believe is good publicity. I can tell you that 99% of folks who read all three pages of this thread, starting with the OP, will NOT view it as a positive on you or your shop. But, keep them coming! You get more and more hysterical with every post! You want to post your home address too? Wouldn't suprise me if you did.
Old 04-12-2012, 17:58   #61
Navitimer

Quote:

How's that?
Amen buddy - Justin from Hyatt by way of what he's posted is obviously a long way from being the sharpest knife in the drawer. I agree - it makes him and as you said, by extention his store, sound quite second rate and very unprofessional.
Old 04-12-2012, 19:10   #62
bigmac85

:Replying to keep this forum on top:
Old 04-12-2012, 21:01   #63
Navitimer

Well it seems our newfound buddy Justin representing the voice of Hyatt Guns has gone silent. That's surprising, as he posted, he previously reached the conclusion that this thread was good advertising for Hyatt Guns. Clearly he's a crack expert in the field of marketing. Justin, what happened to you? We're ready for another post!! Please?

Last edited by Navitimer; 04-12-2012 at 21:58.. Reason: Didn't want to hurt Justin from Hyatt Gun's feelings too bad.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19   #64
lunarspeak

ive been going to hyatts for years, dont judge all the staff badly, there are a few that know thier stuff...mike,brad and of course the king of tactical roger..and i love visiting hyatts to see the thousands of guns they have but sadly the OP is right, thier prices are insanly high..

if firepower would ever move into the city instead of out in the middle of no where they would lose alot of bussiness
Old 04-13-2012, 02:32   #65
Shinesintx

Quote:
I'm glad to keep it at the top. This ultimately is great promotion for the shop. I think most people know that we treat our customers with great respect and offer a great selection of products along with expertise to back it up.

BTW, what's your name again?

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
Um no, its not...
Old 04-13-2012, 03:22   #66
jp3975

Quote:
I'm glad to keep it at the top. This ultimately is great promotion for the shop.
Way too many bad reviews on this thread.

Doesnt look good at all.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:37   #67
s&wfan

I kinda see the Hyatt's guy's point, and I agree to a certain degree that people like to complain a lot more than they like to heap praise.

But... people have listed multiple local competitors and said that the service is great.

I only have two local gun retailers near me, and both of them are locally owned. They are both fantastic places to go, with fantastic and helpful people working there.

I do think it's shifty as heck for ol' dude to say that his CZ price list was out of date. Isn't it kind of your job to check price lists and keep them up to date?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:08   #68
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

You could always make a trip to Oklahoma and stop by Gun World. They tried charging me $62.00 for a box of self defense ammo. When I objected, they said since I'm a valued customer, they would waive sales tax and sell it to me for a flat $58.00.

Seriously? $58.00 for a box of 20? How bout no?

"We would never learn how to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world" - Hellen Keller
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47   #69
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

Hyatt's sounds like a gun store I went to in Scottsdale, AZ ONCE and only ONCE. They were rude, thought the customer's were idiots and prices were sky high.
Why not order a set of NS from Midway USA(or other ) and install em' yourself. With both front and rear sights being dovetailed it'd not be hard at all with the proper tools. That way you'll be self sufficient and not have to kiss anyone's butt. Just an idea.

Last edited by TN.Frank; 04-13-2012 at 07:48..
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37   #70
Silver_Bullet_00

I would fire an employee who called a customer a coward. It's not good business practice. I have gave in to customers as a manager plenty of times, just not to cause a scene, which in the long run effects business more.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:03   #71
bigmac85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLoft239 View Post
You could always make a trip to Oklahoma and stop by Gun World. They tried charging me $62.00 for a box of self defense ammo. When I objected, they said since I'm a valued customer, they would waive sales tax and sell it to me for a flat $58.00.

Seriously? $58.00 for a box of 20? How bout no?

"We would never learn how to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world" - Hellen Keller
This place is probably on par with hyatts. My cousin (a dumb---) paid 500 dollars for a maverick twelve gauge! Shoulda seen his face when i showed him what msrp was on the mossberg website.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46   #72
Navitimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet_00 View Post
I would fire an employee who called a customer a coward. It's not good business practice. I have gave in to customers as a manager plenty of times, just not to cause a scene, which in the long run effects business more.
I agree completely Silver_Bullet - if I ran Hyatt's this clown employee would be gone. Maybe he actually is gone now for all we know...he has yet to come back and post responses to the steaming mess he created, to which he subsequently continued to step in it, and then stepped in it even further. But that's just the way some folks are. If you put a paper bag stuffed full of ____ within a 100 yards of some people, they'll find a way to step in it. But again, based on his comments above he believes this is good press for Hyatt Guns!

Last edited by Navitimer; 04-13-2012 at 21:36..
Old 04-13-2012, 12:50   #73
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Quote:

How's that?
My name is Gregg, and I agree with everything you just posted. I hope this thread leads to Hyatt losing market share in their area, and online.
Old 04-13-2012, 14:26   #74
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
ive been going to hyatts for years, dont judge all the staff badly, there are a few that know thier stuff...mike,brad and of course the king of tactical roger..and i love visiting hyatts to see the thousands of guns they have but sadly the OP is right, thier prices are insanly high..

if firepower would ever move into the city instead of out in the middle of no where they would lose alot of bussiness
Firepower is in Matthews, not exactly the middle of nowhere. Steichers and Lawmen are right downtown on the exit ramps for I77.

Old 04-13-2012, 14:29   #75
ancient_serpent

Quote:

Sincerely,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
Simply because of your attitude here, I will never shop at Hyatts.
"The customer is always right."
You may want to go stand in front of a mirror or something and say that a few times.

*edit*
Matter of fact, here is the correct way to handle the situation:

"OP: I'm actually the guy working internet sales and I'm sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at our store.
At Hyatts, we value each and every one of our customers and are committed to personalized service that chain stores simply cannot provide.
Please send an e-mail detailing the issue to mailto:justin@hyattgunstore@hyattgunstore.com and we'll make this right.
Respectfully,
Justin Anderson
Hyatt Guns
mailto:justin@hyattgunstore.com "

Last edited by ancient_serpent; 04-13-2012 at 14:37..
Closed Thread