SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2012, 21:43   #1
copo9560

Anyone using Aro-Tek Sights?

Tried a search but got little info.

I saw these at Brownells and they looked like a nice sight I could install at home, something I liked. They include Trijicon lites - pretty low profile as well.

Was also looking at Truglo TFO but there are more than a few problems reported and installation looks a little more difficult.

These will be going onto a new G20SF. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
copo9560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45   #2
arushus
Biggest Member

Never used arotek, but I like the xs big dots on my G20sf.
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06   #3
Dave.1

I've had Aro-Tek sights on my G26 and G17 for a little over 3 years. I like them very much.

They are equally as bright as any other sights I've seen on other pistols at my range and they are easy to install. No sight pusher needed. They give you the front sight bit and the rears are tightened with an allen wrench, also included. Makes them easy to adjust.

You will have to tap out your old sights. If they are Glock plastic sights like mine were, a small piece of wooden dowel, a light hammer and some patience will remove them in a minute.

I bought mine directly from Aro-Tek http://www.arotek.com/orderform.aspx?category=11 but I think Brownells' prices were about the same if you need something else from them.

Dave
Dave.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 14:35   #4
gator378
Gator378

Quote:
Originally Posted by copo9560 View Post
Tried a search but got little info.

I saw these at Brownells and they looked like a nice sight I could install at home, something I liked. They include Trijicon lites - pretty low profile as well.

Was also looking at Truglo TFO but there are more than a few problems reported and installation looks a little more difficult.

These will be going onto a new G20SF. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I had them years ago and they worked good. Easy to install and adjust the rears. I believe they improved their line. Was considering some of their new designs. IMO good quality sights
Old 04-11-2012, 23:01   #5
nickcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.1 View Post
I think Brownells' prices were about the same if you need something else from them.
Brownells price is 78.40 ... I just bought my 3rd pair of them for my Glock 19 Gen4 -- which is cheaper than directly thru Aro-Tek.

I love the Aro-Tek sights. The rear sight does take a shooting session to verify its alignment but once it's found just set the screws with blue Loctite and you're done. I also like the fact that they don't require a sight pusher.

(I haven't tried one of those laser sight tools -- not sure how accurate they are.)

Last edited by nickcarr; 04-11-2012 at 23:02..
nickcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:24   #6
dwbG30SF

Just purchased a set for my G30SF. They are exactly what I've been looking for. Robust, low profile, Novak style rear, easily adjustable, and Trijicon tubes. What more could you ask for?

Sights, Optics and Lasers

dwbG30SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:36   #7
D.R.D.

The rear sight here is an Aro-Tek (Front is a tru-glo TFO). Unlike Truglo, Aro-tek has great customer service and decent prices.
D.R.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 13:41   #8
dwbG30SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.D. View Post
The rear sight here is an Aro-Tek (Front is a tru-glo TFO). Unlike Truglo, Aro-tek has great customer service and decent prices.
Yeah 10-4, I looked at those ghost ring sights, but was not completely sold on them. I chose to stick with the 3 dot configuration for these old eyes. Actually, I have always preferred the 3 dot over any other pistol sight design. They have served me well for many years. But hey, the ghost ring sight looks cool, and if it works for you, that's all that matters.

You are right about Aro-Tek customer service, excellent.
Old 03-30-2013, 19:15   #9
D.R.D.

dwbG30SF, for sure. The three dot and ghost ring are really two completely different sighting methods. The three-dot system is about squaring your target, aligning the dots and focusing on the front sight. Whereas the ghost ring is more akin to the hex-site system that is target-focused the entire time, just 'looking' at the target through the ring. What I like about the Aro-Tek ring vs the Ameriglo, is that if you use a front sight whose top is level with the center of the ring, it also aligns with the shoulders of the ghost sight (a la traditional post and notch setups). The Ameriglo ring's shoulders are too low to do that. So in a sense, one could use the setup above for fast target acquisition as well as more precise aimed fire (with limitations). Since my set up is primarily for in-door defensive close-range scenarios, it fits the prior quite well.

Last edited by D.R.D.; 08-10-2014 at 12:12..
Old 03-30-2013, 19:23   #10
dwbG30SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.D. View Post
dwbG30SF, for sure. The three dot and ghost ring are really two completely different sighting methods.
Thanks for the info D.R.D. now it makes more sense to me.
Old 05-22-2013, 00:02   #11
Glockster_James
Man W/ A Badge

Send a message via AIM to Glockster_James Send a message via Yahoo to Glockster_James
I know, old thread, but don't care. Aro-Tek is a great company and one man operation. Great customer service and great products. I've been using their sights for years on all my Glocks. Matter of fact, was just at their shop this last week getting a new set of sights and the suretouch magazine release installed on a new G19. And I'll continue to deal with Aro-Tek rather than other companies through the years to come.

You'll have to excuse my crappy cell phone pictures.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
Glockster_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 00:04   #12
Glockster_James
Man W/ A Badge

Send a message via AIM to Glockster_James Send a message via Yahoo to Glockster_James
Almost forgot, Aro-Tek does make a ghost ring sight setup that also has the three dot setup with tritium. They are pretty cool, but for me I just always prefer one or the other and typically go with tritium three dot setups.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:05   #13
Dave.1

Glockster_James, I've been using their sights for quite a few years but didn't know it was a one man operation. That's impressive.

As I recall they also had OEM Glock parts that were polished and re-coated. Surprised more people don't use them since I would think they'd be legal for GSSF.

Dave
Dave.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 13:50   #14
glockman99

I use the Aro-Tek 2 dot rear Aro-Sight with a XS Express Big Dot night-sight front on My G21, and I LOVE that set up.
glockman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 14:01   #15
D.R.D.

Glockster-james,

Which Aro-Tek front sight is that in the pic you posted?

Thanks,

DRD
Old 05-22-2013, 16:25   #16
Glockster_James
Man W/ A Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.1 View Post
Glockster_James, I've been using their sights for quite a few years but didn't know it was a one man operation. That's impressive.

As I recall they also had OEM Glock parts that were polished and re-coated. Surprised more people don't use them since I would think they'd be legal for GSSF.

Dave
Yeah, Aro-Tek has been a one man operation (guess technically one man one woman since his wife answers the phones and does the billing) ever since they moved from their Auburn shop (I believe around 2002-2004) to their shop in Olympia area. If you ever get a chance to go and meet Morris in person, he's very knowledgable, fun to talk with, and always has projects he's working on to show.

You're correct, he does use also do OEM parts, polish, and recoat (I don't recall the name, but makes me think of like Robar's NP3 finish in how it functions). Not 100% sure whether they would be GSSF stock legal or not. Granted, they do appear like a stock part since the refinish is almost the same color as a stock part. I love the aftermarket stuff he does too, like the Suretouch mag release (even done in polymer now instead of originally metal) since it's much easier to use than the original mag releases by Glock. Their gen4 version is closer to the Suretouch release now, but for me, I'll still take the Aro-Tek part.

The front sight is Aro-Tek's new Dual Dot sight. It's similar to Trijicon's HD sight, but the outer ring on these is one nice luminescent ring compared to the HDs I've seen. Tritium lamp in the center and luminscent ring on the outside, so you can have a nice bright sight anytime. Doesn't matter if you hit it with a few seconds of sun light or a LED flashlight, that ring lights up quite well. The rear is the same old low profile tritiums they've been making for years. They've been using tritium lamps from Trijicon for as long as I can remember so not like they are going to go dim on you anytime soon.

Almost forgot, the Aro-Tek Dual Dot front sight with the low profile tritium rear sight was about $90, give or take a few dollars (don't have my receipt right in front of me).

Last edited by Glockster_James; 05-22-2013 at 16:39.. Reason: added approximate price of sights.