Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2012, 17:05   #101
owl6roll

Send a message via AIM to owl6roll
If it were to come to something like that, I don't think there would any of out troops, BLUE HELMETS, then it would be on!
Old 04-09-2012, 18:00   #102
Angel

Don't count out our ex military who will not cave if the feds tried to sieze firearms. I love my family, my country and what is right more than i love my life. I , my wife and kids all know heaven is our home. We all die sometime. I would rather die fighting and get there sooner than surrender and live in shame. Saying that, I hope it doesn't come to that.

Angel

Last edited by Angel; 04-09-2012 at 18:02..
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 18:21   #103
G22Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSticky View Post
"I, STATE YOUR NAME, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, STATE YOUR NAME, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of 2LT do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

or for the Guard.

"I, STATE YOUR NAME, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of TEXAS against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of TEXAS and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God. "

In the oath of enlistment, the Constitution is first for a reason. Right now, many officers won't give the command. Most Enlisted wouldn't follow it. The military is operating in countries where it is legal for the locals to have firearms. We don't confiscate there without good reason.
I don't disagree with anything you've stated, but how do you explain New Orleans during Katrina
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 18:36   #104
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22Dude View Post
I don't disagree with anything you've stated, but how do you explain New Orleans during Katrina
I think the guys that confiscated the guns were bullies with a hard on for power. When they were confronted with a bunch of grown men, all armed, they backed down.

Some guys with badges like to abuse power. No way around that. A few bad apples in every business/industry/platoon/whatever. Hopefully, they are the exception and not the rule.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:05   #105
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzone View Post
the 80/20 rule, or maybe the 90/10 rule! Yes most gun owners will cave in, but its the 10% that will be a big problem for the jackbooted thugs! Not very many guns were actually seized in new orleans and I think a lot of the smarter prepper/patriot types had enough brains to leave when advised to do so. Look at the French Resistance in WW II. The French aren't known for being particularly warlike, but enough of them fought back using guerilla warfare to be a real problem for the Nazis. I really dont think the farmers at Lexington and Concord were super warlike either, but enough of them mustered out to fight. Approx. 90 million gun owners in U.S. 10 % equals nine million, even 5% equals 4.5 million if my math is right. 4.5 million armed guerilla fighters who know the terrain, know the locals and know hit and run and shoot and scoot, molotov cocktails, ersatz weapons, including the fertilizer and the ahem, other stuff. Bolster, I respectfully disagree.
Heck, maybe that rule applies to the military/leo's that will try and confiscate.

Hopefully it is the 80% that don't and the 20% that try.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:34   #106
Teej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
I think the guys that confiscated the guns were bullies with a hard on for power. When they were confronted with a bunch of grown men, all armed, they backed down.
Are you saying that there was a group of armed men that confronted the gun confiscators? If so, I sure missed that story. If there was, can you find a printed account of it and PM me the link. [i don't want to hi jack this thread]

thank you
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:40   #107
Teej

Something like this might very well happen

http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/tnrevolt.shtml

http://waronyou.com/forums/index.php...ge;topic=969.0

http://lonestarwatchdog.blogspot.com...-election.html
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:44   #108
G22Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post

Some guys with badges like to abuse power. No way around that. A few bad apples in every business/industry/platoon/whatever. Hopefully, they are the exception and not the rule.
I could have sworn these guys were acting at the behest of the NO police chief.
Old 04-09-2012, 23:35   #109
survive1999

I guess I have nothing to worry about because all my guns went overboard in that boating accident......

The second rule of Survival Club is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT SURVIVAL CLUB!
survive1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:31   #110
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
The lib state would be an odd bicoastal affair. They'd take the North East (as far west as Minnesota) as well as Cali/Oregon/Wash. They'd need a very long bridge to connect.

Not sure I agree with that statement at all. Political views have a great deal to do with one's survival. You could argue that different political views are different sorts of survival strategies. I think the political views that most closely match reality, ultimately win.
Well when the SHTF and people are hunting down food, I don't think they are going to be wondering if their prey is a republican or Democtrat. They are just wanting food and water.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:51   #111
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by survive1999 View Post
I guess I have nothing to worry about because all my guns went overboard in that boating accident......
Me too... and I didn't even go boating!
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 13:33   #112
wildcat455

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Well when the SHTF and people are hunting down food, I don't think they are going to be wondering if their prey is a republican or Democtrat. They are just wanting food and water.
I think you may be missing his point... or an even bigger piece of the puzzle.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:58   #113
jp3975

Quote:
I'll use the tv show, Preppers to illustrate the point.

There was a liberal couple who had a very impressive setup...and even some hippie neighbors to help out. Sort of a commune.

At the end of the show they always come up with some sort of weakness...an area the people can improve upon.

You can guess that theirs was they had no guns.

They felt that it was unethical to have them and believed their community[also without guns] would be enough to protect them.

One hippie looking neighbor said it was stupid to have guns. That if someone came up...he would share what they had. And he'd see what kind of people they where. If he felt they would be a help to them, they could stay...if he felt they would give him trouble, he'd poison them or cut their throats in their sleep.

No one with guns would be able to harm them. No one would take advantage of their vulnerability even though the whole country knows theyre unarmed and have mass amounts of supplies. No well armed group would take their things, kill their men, and rape their women. That could never happen.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27   #114
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

jp3975 I get what your saying but in the example you gave, you see those hippies as "libral' or "bleeding heart librals" I see them as just plain STUPID, NIEVE, and my next sourse of supplies if I were a thug searching for prey in a SHTF senario.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:01   #115
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
jp3975 I get what your saying but in the example you gave, you see those hippies as "libral' or "bleeding heart librals" I see them as just plain STUPID, NIEVE, and my next sourse of supplies if I were a thug searching for prey in a SHTF senario.
I am pretty sure they were liberals. The lady made a point of pointing out that they did not fit into the typical prepper community because they were not conservative and did not like guns. She also responded to the criticism about not being able to protect their preps rather smugly saying that if SHTF we would see who fared better them or the preppers with guns. I think we all know the answers to that one. My actual guess is that she was lying and does have a few guns stashed away. I did envy their bee setup.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:14   #116
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
One hippie looking neighbor said it was stupid to have guns. That if someone came up...he would share what they had. And he'd see what kind of people they where. If he felt they would be a help to them, they could stay...if he felt they would give him trouble, he'd poison them or cut their throats in their sleep.
Right... assuming the armed group did not just come in and take over and tie everyone up or kill the majority of them from the get go. Cutting throats in sleep is so so much more civilized than shooting... yeah... typical liberal disconnect with reality and hypocrisy of unbelievable proportions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
No one with guns would be able to harm them. No one would take advantage of their vulnerability even though the whole country knows theyre unarmed and have mass amounts of supplies. No well armed group would take their things, kill their men, and rape their women. That could never happen.
If they were really the typical liberal hippie commune types, the women probably smell and are unattractive enough that the armed group would be more likely to kill the women and rape the men....

Share THIS!

Survival/Preparedness Forum

Last edited by lawman800; 04-11-2012 at 08:16..
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26   #117
G22Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Right... assuming the armed group did not just come in and take over and tie everyone up or kill the majority of them from the get go. Cutting throats in sleep is so so much more civilized than shooting... yeah... typical liberal disconnect with reality and hypocrisy of unbelievable proportions.

If they were really the typical liberal hippie commune types, the women probably smell and are unattractive enough that the armed group would be more likely to kill the women and rape the men....

Share THIS!
This reminds me of the folks who would rather take a baseball bat to a home invader than use a gun. Do I really want to go hand to hand, and be in breath smelling distance with an opponent as opposed to being able to take you out at distance with a firearm. Ignorance and niavete is so rich
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38   #118
jason10mm
NRA-GOA-TSRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
My actual guess is that she was lying and does have a few guns stashed away. I did envy their bee setup.
I agree, that couple were, by FAR, the smartest folks on that show. They revealed nothing critical, engaged in the least amount of *********gery and staging for the camera, and were well adjusted (notice how clean their yard was, compared to the ramshackle mess of the others?) for society.

Compare them to just about every one else on that show, like the lady with uncontrolled OCD taping soup packets to every door, and it becomes pretty clear that the bee couple are not only the real deal but are way smarter than the shows producers and didn't fall for their tricks.
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30   #119
MoneyMaker

well nothing will happen so i dont know why you all discuss it
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:33   #120
Donn57
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
The lib state would be an odd bicoastal affair. They'd take the North East (as far west as Minnesota) as well as Cali/Oregon/Wash. They'd need a very long bridge to connect.
Why would they need to connect? Currently, Alaska is separated from the rest of the U.S. by Canada and Hawaii by a large chunk of the Pacific Ocean. For that matter, I think you could add Hawaii to the lib state list as well.
Donn57 is offline   Reply With Quote