Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:12   #81
silentpoet

They got Ted Bundy because of a traffic violation.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:28   #82
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. End of story.

Oh, and IBTL.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:31   #83
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
How 'bout we have a thread where cops resign if they feel they've taken so much crap they feel they have to violate the rights of others. Last I remember, the 1st amemdment protects speech some people don't like.

You don't like doing the job, try this one.

http://now.msn.com/now/0329-easter-cops.aspx

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
I missed the "right to drive with a cracked windshield" in ConLaw. Musta been getting fitted for my boots.

"If it's legal, you must support it." Isn't that the OC refrain?
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:41   #84
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Ahhhhh Kenpo what fun I could have with you...........................
Old 04-08-2012, 07:43   #85
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I missed the "right to drive with a cracked windshield" in ConLaw. Musta been getting fitted for my boots.

"If it's legal, you must support it." Isn't that the OC refrain?
Yep, and he's one of the biggest supporters of it.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46   #86
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

He also keeps ignoring that some states list traffic and equipment violations as criminal offenses. There are three types of said offenses in my state: Felonies, misdemeanors, and violations. A cracked windshield falls I to the last category, as does pretty much any traffic or equipment offense.

Once again, a poster seems to think things are in other states, the way they are in his - going on what he "feels" is right,instead of the actual law.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:53   #87
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Ahhhhh Kenpo what fun I could have with you...........................
My name is Clyde, I live in AZ, Phoenix to be exact.

Clyde
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59   #88
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Your not worth the trip. BTW that wasn't a threat. I was just waxing poetic about having you as the subject of a car stop. Stop trying to be an Internet tough guy.

Give me a shout if you ever invade NYC.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:03   #89
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Your not worth the trip. BTW that wasn't a threat. I was just waxing poetic about having you as the subject of a car stop. Stop trying to be an Internet tough guy.

Give me a shout if you ever invade NYC.
I'm not an internet tough guy, I'm just me expressing my opinion, how you interpret it is on you.

And it's you're, not your.

Clyde
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04   #90
A6Gator

Quote:
My record for a single stop was 23 summonses. All issued to the same *********.

He kept talking and I kept writing.

Sometimes the pen IS mightier than the sword.
Sounds like some guys just can't handle success...
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05   #91
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
... Maybe, just maybe, you might have changed his opinion had you not pulled him over ..
I doubt the OP could have changed the driver's opinion, no matter what he did or did not do.

However, the OP might have changed the drivers future actions, by pulling him over and letting him know there are consequences to his actions. (Not his words, his actions).

In my 12+ years of experience (which ended 22 years ago) I found that people who go out of their way to antagonize police officers usually are indifferent to the courtesies and rules of society, and are arrest-able for multiple reasons.

Case in point:
I was driving one dark night, in uniform, in an unmarked but obviously a police car - spotlights, deck and grill lights, antennas, etc. I was in a special unit, and had a shoulder patch. Patrol and traffic officers in Denver do not normally have a shoulder patch.

I came upon a car that was parked on the wrong side of the road facing oncoming traffic (#1) with his headlights and high beams on blinding oncoming traffic (#2). As I got closer I saw it was a taxi, and the driver was walking up to it with his fare in tow.

I called him over and said that if her was going to park like that, turn off the headlights so he wouldn't blind approaching drivers.

If he had said: "sorry officer, I won't do it again", that would have been the end of it.

However, he saw the shoulder patch and gave me crap about not being district patrol and he did not have to listen to me (wrong). The he ignored me calling him back, stormed off to the taxi, and drove off on the wrong side of the road for half a block (#3).

As I was turning around I called for a District car to do the stop. By the time I caught up with everything, 2 cars had him stopped and the found he had a gun on him (#4). At the time is was a serious offense to have a gun in a taxi.

I understand a cabbie wanting to protect himself, even illegally, but when you are committing a felony, why would you cause the police to take more interest in you?

He made the choice to change a good evening into a very bad one, with him in jail, his car taken by his supervisor, and I'll bet he lost his job.

Many times, aberrant behavior is a tip-off to more serious things.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26   #92
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
someone called you a name...let it be. Save it for next time you see him

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 04-08-2012, 09:04   #93
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
He also keeps ignoring that some states list traffic and equipment violations as criminal offenses. There are three types of said offenses in my state: Felonies, misdemeanors, and violations. A cracked windshield falls I to the last category, as does pretty much any traffic or equipment offense.

Once again, a poster seems to think things are in other states, the way they are in his - going on what he "feels" is right,instead of the actual law.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:27   #94
arcanetripwire
I'm 10-8

I'm sure there are those individuals who will still maintain the thought that the stop was without legal justification, or simply because my partners and I just wanted to "harass" this guy. I can't change their minds, but that's not my job.

This was, as I have explained before, a man who went out of his way to draw the attention of the police. He got our attention, and as my fellow Officers, Deputies, and CO's know, if you do this job for a long enough period of time it becomes second nature to notice the infractions or the things that are wrong with any given situation. He got my attention and I noticed his vehicle code violation, and we went from there. Was the yelling at my partner the catalyst for me to draw my attention away from a traffic stop already in process and focus on him, Yes.

When we made contact with this gentleman he stated that he had nothing against us personally, he simply hates cops and wanted to let us know that. He admitted to purposely slowing down and yelling obscenities, and while that act in itself is not illegal and not the reason for the stop. His constitutionally protected first amendment right was exercised in a vehicle with equipment violations. So he was stopped based on that fact and was still allowed express his biased cop hating opinions until his citations were written and he allowed to go on his merry way.
arcanetripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42   #95
Officer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
someone called you a name...let it be. Save it for next time you see him

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Why wait when you have a perfectly good equipment violation visible and asking to be written......
Officer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 13:39   #96
Ajon412

Quote:
My record for a single stop was 23 summonses. All issued to the same *********.

He kept talking and I kept writing.

Sometimes the pen IS mightier than the sword.
WOW Bro, you have me beat, and back in the day that was hard to do.........I believe 13 was my record. I stopped a motorist (female) for a signal light violation back in the mid 80's. It took her several blocks to finally pull over and during this time, she committed several more violations. This was my first "clue" and the rest of the stop,well, was pure "magic"......After her long winded / angry "soliloquy", she finally told me "I don't have to listed to ANY man" and promptly drove off...Not to worry, as she did leave me with her DL and some of her documents.....

Fast forward to Traffic Court a few months later.....She came to Court and displayed the exact same disdain for authority that he exhibited during my initial stop, this time for the Judge (male)....She proceeded to leave the court room after my testimony and while she was being questioned by the Judge...Needless to say, the phrase "guilt has been established" 13x was music to my ears.....Gotta love Karma.......And Yes, she did tell the Judge "I don't have to listen to ANY man" in open court..

Last edited by Ajon412; 04-08-2012 at 17:31.. Reason: Can't type
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 15:19   #97
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

I threw a guy in jail after flipping a coin.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 17:35   #98
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
I think that takes the cake!

What's the background on that stop, lol?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 19:12   #99
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
Ladies and gentlemen just when you thought the corn was starting to settle on the bottom of the pot
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 19:32   #100
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
I think that takes the cake!

What's the background on that stop, lol?
Dealing with a group of D-bags one night, who were respectful, but burglars we hadn't yet quite put the glove on (we did a week later, locked them all up). It was a noise/drinking complaint. Several underage persons stayed, others took off through the yards/trees/swamp. After calling all the others out of the swamp/trees, completing citations, and arranging rides, all LE but me cleared.

A bigger D-bag came wondering out who thought all LE was gone. He had been drinking and was less than forthcoming/cooperative.

During the contact he came up with a minor warrant for a parking violation (I think the bail amount was somewhere around $55, but may have been as "high" as $75).

His smart mouth went into park when he found out about he warrant. I asked him which one of two options he'd fair better on in deciding what to do with him on the warrant.

#1) Form my decision based up on the cooperation/conduct he had displayed tonight.

#2) Flip a coin and call a side. Win it and walk.

He choose option #2, and lost the coin toss.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote