http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...alerts_article
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13   #2
cowboy1964

"Couldn't they just have shot him in the leg?"
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:18   #3
cowboy1964

If you're going to get drunk, don't go around banging on doors, you may have the wrong address.

If you ARE going to go around banging on doors and no one answers, don't then throw a propane tank throw the window.

If you ARE going to throw a propane tank through the window don't then enter and go around screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

If you ARE going to enter and go around screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" don't then break down the door into the room where the homeowners are hunkered down with a gun.

If you ARE going to break down the door and head for the armed homeowners don't be surprised if you get shot.

If you ARE going to get shot, don't be surprised if you die.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 04-02-2012 at 12:19..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34   #4
g30sfjeepguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
If you're going to get drunk, don't go around banging on doors, you may have the wrong address.

If you ARE going to go around banging on doors and no one answers, don't then throw a propane tank throw the window.

If you ARE going to throw a propane tank through the window don't then enter and go around screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

If you ARE going to enter and go around screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" don't then break down the door into the room where the homeowners are hunkered down with a gun.

If you ARE going to break down the door and head for the armed homeowners don't be surprised if you get shot.

So true
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38   #5
AGAF
On a Journey

The 30 yr old intruder sure made a lot of bad decisions that night. This is obviously a justified case of self defense. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that someone's family if feeling great sorrow over this. These situations are terrible for everyone involved. The homeowner stopped the threat, but will never be the same. We should all hope and pray that we are never put into a situation like this.

There are threats everywhere......and the world is draped in camouflage.
AGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:42   #6
xmanhockey7

Quote:
"Couldn't they just have shot him in the leg?"
People who don't really know guns always say stupid stuff like that. A liberal friend of mine believed if you shoot someone to kill them, even if they're trying to kill you, you should go to jail. He just had no clue how unrealistic it is to just shoot someone in the leg.
Old 04-02-2012, 13:12   #7
gunslinger3
Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAF View Post
The 30 yr old intruder sure made a lot of bad decisions that night. This is obviously a justified case of self defense. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that someone's family if feeling great sorrow over this. These situations are terrible for everyone involved. The homeowner stopped the threat, but will never be the same. We should all hope and pray that we are never put into a situation like this.
My daughter and I were on a road trip back from SF yesterday and were talking about that very thing. You will never be the same after something like that however, better that then the alternative.
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 13:24   #8
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:

Very well stated!

Bang, Bang, Bang!! DRT!

Good job H/O!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33   #9
KingWalleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
People who don't really know guns always say stupid stuff like that. A liberal friend of mine believed if you shoot someone to kill them, even if they're trying to kill you, you should go to jail. He just had no clue how unrealistic it is to just shoot someone in the leg.
And when you hit the femoral artery and they bleed out in 3 minutes they are just as dead and they had 3 minutes to harm/kill you.
Old 04-04-2012, 14:50   #10
TexasGlockster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWalleye View Post
And when you hit the femoral artery and they bleed out in 3 minutes they are just as dead and they had 3 minutes to harm/kill you.
My wife said something to this effect to me once. She wasn't raised around and has very little experience with guns. My response to her was that I don't want to kill anyone. But if someone threatens my family, I will shoot for the biggest target available and keep shooting until I am sure they can't hurt someone I love.

Last edited by TexasGlockster; 04-04-2012 at 14:51..
TexasGlockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 15:05   #11
LongGoneDays
Misanthropical

I feel for the homeowner and the deceased guy's family, but the right course of action was taken.
LongGoneDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 15:47   #12
AGAF
On a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGoneDays View Post
I feel for the homeowner and the deceased guy's family, but the right course of action was taken.
No doubt

There are threats everywhere......and the world is draped in camouflage.
AGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 17:51   #13
arushus
Biggest Member

The homeowner did show lots of restraint. Im not sure it was wise to wait that long and warn him you had a gun. What if the burglar had a gun also and decided to just shoot through the bedroom door several times before knocking it down?
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03   #14
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Just three rounds fired and the drunken home invader only made it a few feet before collapsing. The home owner sure must have made some well placed hits.

Purely out of my own curiosity, I wonder what he was armed with and what ammunition it was loaded with.
Old 04-07-2012, 15:40   #15
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAF View Post
How do you know this? I know folks who have killed BG's and to a man, they are just fine with things.
Old 04-07-2012, 15:41   #16
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Best to stay away from people who think like this. They could get you killed in an extreme encounter.
Old 04-07-2012, 15:46   #17
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
The homeowner did show lots of restraint. Im not sure it was wise to wait that long and warn him you had a gun. What if the burglar had a gun also and decided to just shoot through the bedroom door several times before knocking it down?
Right. Some people recommend shouting for the BG to get out of your home and some recommend yelling that you have a gun and will use it if you must. Both alert the BG to your location and the fact you are armed. An attorney I know who handles cases such as this advised that such actions could get you killed. It is a decision one will have to take if this ever happens to them. I know I don't have the answer.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05   #18
TankerMax

Quote:
Purely out of my own curiosity, I wonder what he was armed with and what ammunition it was loaded with.

I wondered the same thing. I'm guessing G23 with Speer Gold Dot 155gr. JHP

Last edited by TankerMax; 04-09-2012 at 01:07..
TankerMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 15:04   #19
rjflyn

Send a message via Yahoo to rjflyn
He played a stupid games and won stupid prizes.
rjflyn is offline   Reply With Quote