Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:52   #21
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
How does the gov't know exactly how many guns someone has?
They don't know exactly, but if you've bought one since the brady bill was enacted, they have a record that you are a gun owner and a partial list. Yeah, I know they only keep those for a couple of days...right...and that explains why the dealer has to give them the brand, model and serial number of the gun, when that has no legal significance to the background check, too, right?

Yes, they currently have an electronic record, somewhere, of every gun you have bought with a Brady background check, They have a paper and electronic record of every gun you have boght at a gun shop that is no longer in business. In a fairly short time they can have a record of every gun anybody ever bought from any FFL.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:53   #22
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Troups = safety? Kent State.
Exactly - troops or troupes, all I know is they keep us safe from &%&^^% hippies.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56   #23
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
Hell, if you guys are going to hand over your guns so willingly, then what is the point in having them in the 1st place?
You said it. People go on about how the 2nd amendment is about keeping guns to resist the government by force, but from 1775 to today, a very large majority have never had the backbone to do anything about it.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:57   #24
Verrater
JOIN, or DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria
snips
You're right, better just hand them over.
I mean what's the worst that could happen?

Survival/Preparedness Forum

Edit: Those Katrina confiscations were ruled unconstitutional.
Doesn't mean it won't happen again though.

Last edited by Verrater; 04-06-2012 at 12:59.. Reason: information
Verrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 13:00   #25
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
They don't know exactly, but if you've bought one since the brady bill was enacted, they have a record that you are a gun owner and a partial list. Yeah, I know they only keep those for a couple of days...right...and that explains why the dealer has to give them the brand, model and serial number of the gun, when that has no legal significance to the background check, too, right?

Yes, they currently have an electronic record, somewhere, of every gun you have bought with a Brady background check, They have a paper and electronic record of every gun you have boght at a gun shop that is no longer in business. In a fairly short time they can have a record of every gun anybody ever bought from any FFL.

Yes, they have a partial list of guns purchased, you "may" own from FFL's.

That in no way shape or form, constitutes any sort of even decent information to make a guestiment of how many guns you ACTUALLY own.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:05   #26
NecoDude

.gov would only have a starting number of guns you'd have, unless you've blown it by posting way too many details of your inventory online. Deny, Deny, Deny, obfuscate, adapt and overcome. We, as a country have allowed the liberals to take us to where we're at today. Me as an individual has allowed it too I guess, but I'm in the minority as in this country it's majority rules. I'm not willing to hand over one damn gun, no matter what.
Old 04-06-2012, 14:10   #27
glockaviator

Was anyone killed by a gun during Katrina other than by the police (Danzinger bridge and others)? Seems like the only ones killed by a gun were killed by the police, though I don't know for sure. Yes there was some looting, some of the looting was done by police as well.

Last edited by glockaviator; 04-06-2012 at 14:13..
glockaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:30   #28
PlasticGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
How does the gov't know exactly how many guns someone has?

Hell, I couldn't even tell you how many I have without counting them all while they're infront of me. Pretty impressive if they could tell me...
I'm with you, in that even I don't know how many guns I have. I can't imagine the government does either. If they figure it out, can you have them tell me so I can update my insurance?
Old 04-06-2012, 14:34   #29
MoneyMaker

Thats why i buy all mine thru private sales,,,,No ffl or NICS crap here as i dont own a gun
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 14:35   #30
cyrsequipment
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockaviator View Post
Was anyone killed by a gun during Katrina other than by the police (Danzinger bridge and others)? Seems like the only ones killed by a gun were killed by the police, though I don't know for sure. Yes there was some looting, some of the looting was done by police as well.
1 in 5 people (at least) that died during Katrina died from violence. I'm guessing that at least half of them were killed by firearms.
Old 04-06-2012, 14:41   #31
Wake_jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrater View Post
You're right, better just hand them over.
I mean what's the worst that could happen?

Survival/Preparedness Forum

Edit: Those Katrina confiscations were ruled unconstitutional.
Doesn't mean it won't happen again though.
Martial Law cancels the Constitution.
Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:12   #32
inzone

redundancy

dont put all your/eggs in one basket! redundancy is the key to survival. Have some well hidden in a very difficult area of your home to search for or find. Have some ready at hand. have some perhaps cached somewhere, even bury a few with ammo. Have some placed with trusted relatives or friends just to store in a closet for you, etc. door to door gun searches and confiscation throughout the entire nation would be extraordinarily difficult, if not impossible. Even the nazis couldnt find but a fraction of the guns hidden by the French Resistance in WW II. Also, when a lot of those sent to searcvh for and confiscate guns dont come back then the next groups to go out may well just decide to laydog it instead of really search or confront. You can also have some cheap old bolt actions to use as decoys if they come search and you arent inclined to fight it out with them at that moment.....then the armed guerilla resistance starts! The confiscators have to live somewhere, they have to eat, crap, refuel, they have to stop and rest. you go and hunt them to! two can play the search and confiscation game! dont go gentle into that dark night!
inzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:13   #33
arkdweller22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
It's pretty easy her in Nevada because you have to register each firearm except of longarms.
Only in Klark county. It's not statewide.
Now, the Brady check can certainly be cross-referenced to get an idea of what you may have.
arkdweller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 15:39   #34
Made in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzone View Post
dont put all your/eggs in one basket! redundancy is the key to survival. Have some well hidden in a very difficult area of your home to search for or find. Have some ready at hand. have some perhaps cached somewhere, even bury a few with ammo. Have some placed with trusted relatives or friends just to store in a closet for you, etc. door to door gun searches and confiscation throughout the entire nation would be extraordinarily difficult, if not impossible. Even the nazis couldnt find but a fraction of the guns hidden by the French Resistance in WW II. Also, when a lot of those sent to searcvh for and confiscate guns dont come back then the next groups to go out may well just decide to laydog it instead of really search or confront. You can also have some cheap old bolt actions to use as decoys if they come search and you arent inclined to fight it out with them at that moment.....then the armed guerilla resistance starts! The confiscators have to live somewhere, they have to eat, crap, refuel, they have to stop and rest. you go and hunt them to! two can play the search and confiscation game! dont go gentle into that dark night!

Lol. I like the way you think!

Last edited by Made in Austria; 04-06-2012 at 15:41..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 16:31   #35
G19freak

A rifle behind every blade of grass----just sayin.

Have a feeling quite a few police/mil will take on another line of work when faced with that stark reality-----not to mention being placed in the position of having to fire on their friends, relatives and countrymen---how many will be up for that situation?

How many will be willing to work(and die) for worthless money when there's no one out there paying taxes for their salaries?
Old 04-06-2012, 16:38   #36
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post
Martial Law cancels the Constitution.
So some falsely claim. The Constitution says otherwise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I may be from Cali, but I ain't no yankee!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 16:51   #37
Protus

why stock food, fema has hand out lines.....

as said whats the point.......prep as you can, guns, gear,food, water and all of it...
shtf isnt just about the NWO coming to take your AR15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Protus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 19:50   #38
thesurefire

If you think the .gov is coming for your guns why would you tell them what you plan to do when they implement that plan in a public fashion?
Old 04-06-2012, 20:01   #39
TactiCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19freak View Post
A rifle behind every blade of grass----just sayin.

Have a feeling quite a few police/mil will take on another line of work when faced with that stark reality-----not to mention being placed in the position of having to fire on their friends, relatives and countrymen---how many will be up for that situation?

How many will be willing to work(and die) for worthless money when there's no one out there paying taxes for their salaries?
UN peacekeepers, NATO troops, foreign military, and contractors would have no such moral trouble disarming and killing Americans. IF martial law were ever declared, it would have to be foreign troops doing the dirty work, because, as others have said, there are simply not enough domestic military and police to do the job effectively.

And during Katrina, there were foreign contractors protecting the assets of the ultra wealthy - one company that was employing security in N.O was Isreali I believe. Blackwater, now called Academi, was down there as well. They even went in and began operations one whole week before they got a government contract from FEMA.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 20:17   #40
JK-linux

Last edited by JK-linux; 05-21-2012 at 17:46..
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote