Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2012, 19:37   #1
20SFLV

Corp/Gun Trust Question

I am in the process of setting up a trust, but since I live by myself and I have no family members that live in a state that permits NFA items, I found a friend to be a trustee with in a NFA friendly state. My friend is a little leery in being trustee even though she doesn't have to do anything since the NFA products would be with me three thousand miles away from my friend.

I do have my own business which is a professional corporation. I would rather use a trust from the beginning, but if my friend backs out as a co-trustee, I have no one else to be a trustee so the trust really wouldn't work.

Individual isn't going to work where I am, and I don't want to set up a corporation just for the NFA items. I don't want to put the NFA items into my business corporation, but that would be my last choice. If I had to put the items in the business corporation, would I be able to transfer them tax free (form 5?) to a trust should I find someone to be a co-trustee or would I have to pay another $200 with another form 4?

Thank you.
20SFLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 14:01   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

No. Any transfer other than an inheritance (Form 5) incurs $200.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote