SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-04-2012, 20:37   #1
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Bought my latest project AK today

Since completing my milled Mak I've been itching for a new project-AK. I purchased the perfect candidate today. She's a diamond in the rough at the moment. I haven't had time to go to work cleaning her yet but a cursory inspection was promising. Aside from the grunge covering it she's in good shape. Internally, she's new. Externally, she looks like she's been in somebody's garage in a corner for 20 years. Handling marks and general grunge abide as can be seen in the picture below.

Would love to get some ideas on where to go with this one. Mine is a "CW" prefixed gun, imported by Kengs in Atlanta, meaning it was originally equipped with a wooden stock. As the bayou lug has been ground and an "sp" electro-penciled next to the original AKS 762 markings it was obviously hung up and converted in customs.

The Kalashnikov Klub

The one pictured below is one of the CS models imported by Kengs in Atlanta. As you can see it's similar but the stock isn't the same. The one on mine is an ACE. My guess is the original owner tried to replicate the below configuration.

The Kalashnikov Klub

Last edited by frank_drebin; 04-04-2012 at 20:38..
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 21:27   #2
adamg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_drebin View Post
Since completing my milled Mak I've been itching for a new project-AK. I purchased the perfect candidate today. She's a diamond in the rough at the moment. I haven't had time to go to work cleaning her yet but a cursory inspection was promising. Aside from the grunge covering it she's in good shape. Internally, she's new. Externally, she looks like she's been in somebody's garage in a corner for 20 years. Handling marks and general grunge abide as can be seen in the picture below.

Would love to get some ideas on where to go with this one. Mine is a "CW" prefixed gun, imported by Kengs in Atlanta, meaning it was originally equipped with a wooden stock. As the bayou lug has been ground and an "sp" electro-penciled next to the original AKS 762 markings it was obviously hung up and converted in customs.

The Kalashnikov Klub

The one pictured below is one of the CS models imported by Kengs in Atlanta. As you can see it's similar but the stock isn't the same. The one on mine is an ACE. My guess is the original owner tried to replicate the below configuration.

The Kalashnikov Klub
Are you just going to get a but stock or replace everything with Ironwood?
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 21:57   #3
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

I'm buying a butt stock. I just found a Chinese AK74 butt stock that matches perfectly for a great price. I actually like the look of the lightning cut so it isn't an issue.

I'm going to strip them all and refinish in a deep Russian Red.
Old 04-04-2012, 22:00   #4
zeme05

Nice find, bet you got it worth the money? I bought a Polytech Legend and it had rust on the top cover. Kengs actually had one NOS for $35. Any chance they would have a folder?
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 23:56   #5
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

I looked at their website and found nuthin.

I did, however, find this on GB:

The Kalashnikov Klub

i figure, I'll refinish them all together and have a nice looking set.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12   #6
zeme05

Looks great, stik 'er on there!
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote