Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-13-2012, 13:28   #1
Ajon412

Hollywood vs. Reality

Hollywood vs. Reality: Officer Involved Shootings..

One of the better one's I've seen in a while...

Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 13:42   #2
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Yeah, it's been posted here before. I ordered the DVD from Lane County to add to our library. In the meantime, my chief was so impressed with it that he forwarded the YouTube link to all of our city council members recommending that they watch it.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 21:47   #3
Agent6-3/8

Very interesting, thanks for posting!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04   #4
Ajon412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Very interesting, thanks for posting!
Anytime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Yeah, it's been posted here before. I ordered the DVD from Lane County to add to our library. In the meantime, my chief was so impressed with it that he forwarded the YouTube link to all of our city council members recommending that they watch it.

Thanks, as I wasn't sure.....
Old 03-14-2012, 10:50   #5
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

I've never seen it before. It's a good video. Alexis Artwohl and Bill Lewinski are definitely "the good guys."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 15:49   #6
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I have been telling folks to get this forwarded to their CLEOs. It's that good of a video.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 17:44   #7
4949shooter

Good video Ajon. Thanks for posting it.
Old 03-14-2012, 18:43   #8
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Good post - thanks. I'll end up using this video for our Citizen's Police Academy
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 18:52   #9
Ajon412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Good post - thanks. I'll end up using this video for our Citizen's Police Academy
Great..Let us know what type of feedback or comments you receive. I'd be curious to see just how receptive they are to the information in this presentation.....
Old 03-15-2012, 23:18   #10
knoxvegasdaddy
UBER VOL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajon412 View Post
Great..Let us know what type of feedback or comments you receive. I'd be curious to see just how receptive they are to the information in this presentation.....
Ajon,

Here's 1 civilian point of view, hope it helps.

I've seen every one of the myths dispelled before, but never so articulately, and never all together. I feel like I had heard most of it before, but still found it very informative.

I think every reality that was explained is absolutely common sense...if you have any (which most people don't) And, the public is damn uninformed about firearms in general, and their capabilities and limitations. Its why people think a tazer is the proper response to a knife, and that kneecap shots are EASY. And Hollywood helps almost none.

I think this video shold be mandatory viewing for every reporter and journalist, BEFORE they report on cop shooting stories.

I didn't find out about On Killing, On Combat, Lethal Force Institute (or anything else by Ayoob), the OODA Loop, etc.etc. until AFTER the Marine Corps. We were simply taught to shoot, not what happens when you shoot, let alone what happens after you shoot. And we thought we were well trained.

The only reason I know of them now is because I read like crazy, and I'm certain I'm WAY better informed than most civilians. They've never even heard of auditory exclusion, tunnel vision, etc., and they think every beat cop is as well trained as an SF operator when it comes to shooting.

Civilians, in general, know jack crap about ANYTHING to do with firearms and shootings, so I think this video would be excellent for a civilian police academy. Thanks for posting it.

Counting on someone else's self restraint for your safety is not a strategy. - OLY-M4gery
knoxvegasdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01   #11
Tilley
Man of Steel

tagged
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:55   #12
opelwasp
ZOG/MORON LUBE

What a great video.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55   #13
Ajon412

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
I've never seen it before. It's a good video. Alexis Artwohl and Bill Lewinski are definitely "the good guys."
If I'm not mistaken, Bill Lewinski and his Force Science Institute participated in the defense of a British Anti-Terror Officer that shot and killed a suspected terrorists a few years back...If interested, you can sign up to receive his Force Science research Newsletter here...

http://www.forcesciencenews.com/home/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxvegasdaddy View Post
Ajon,

Here's 1 civilian point of view, hope it helps.

I've seen every one of the myths dispelled before, but never so articulately, and never all together. I feel like I had heard most of it before, but still found it very informative.

I think every reality that was explained is absolutely common sense...if you have any (which most people don't) And, the public is damn uninformed about firearms in general, and their capabilities and limitations. Its why people think a tazer is the proper response to a knife, and that kneecap shots are EASY. And Hollywood helps almost none.

I think this video shold be mandatory viewing for every reporter and journalist, BEFORE they report on cop shooting stories.

I didn't find out about On Killing, On Combat, Lethal Force Institute (or anything else by Ayoob), the OODA Loop, etc.etc. until AFTER the Marine Corps. We were simply taught to shoot, not what happens when you shoot, let alone what happens after you shoot. And we thought we were well trained.

The only reason I know of them now is because I read like crazy, and I'm certain I'm WAY better informed than most civilians. They've never even heard of auditory exclusion, tunnel vision, etc., and they think every beat cop is as well trained as an SF operator when it comes to shooting.

Civilians, in general, know jack crap about ANYTHING to do with firearms and shootings, so I think this video would be excellent for a civilian police academy. Thanks for posting it.
Knoxvegasdaddy......You're definitely "ahead of the curve" compared to most due to your service in the military and the fact that you "get it"........Col. Dave Grossmans "On Killing" is an excellent read. I had the pleasure to see one of his lectures when I attended a Street Survival Seminar a few years ago...
Old 03-17-2012, 15:11   #14
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajon412 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Bill Lewinski and his Force Science Institute participated in the defense of a British Anti-Terror Officer that shot and killed a suspected terrorists a few years back...If interested, you can sign up to receive his Force Science research Newsletter here...

http://www.forcesciencenews.com/home/index.html
I'm an FSN subscriber. If you're in law enforcement, you should be reading it. If you're a field training officer, supervisor, administrator, or instructor in any use of force related topic, you NEED to be reading it.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote