Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2012, 13:14   #1
ralph dhur

Does anyone cut a picatinny rail in Glock OEM slides.

Does anyone cut a picatinny rail in Glock OEM slides? I really dont want to buy a new slide just to have this feature.
Old 03-07-2012, 13:15   #2
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Not that I know of.

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc. <
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
>
Phone: 208.448.0600
Old 03-08-2012, 11:45   #3
gunsmithlee

A rail on the slide? Or the frame?

There are many places you can have your slide milled for things like front serrations or just to lighten it up. I haven't ever heard of anyone putting a full blown picitanny rail on the slide itself.

I have seen some wierd things though. And I have see a mounted rail on top of the slide for a small reflex optic, like a trijicon RMR. Is that what your looking for?
Old 03-09-2012, 18:54   #4
ralph dhur

Shame that lone wolf does not sell the LWD Barrel M/29 10mm Extended 2 Port with out the ports. would be happy to order, but not available. I can find another brand but only half ince extension.. To many toys now, beginning to think I should just sell and start over.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25   #5
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph dhur View Post
Shame that lone wolf does not sell the LWD Barrel M/29 10mm Extended 2 Port with out the ports. would be happy to order, but not available. I can find another brand but only half ince extension.. To many toys now, beginning to think I should just sell and start over.

We actually have an extended 29 barrel on our production roadmap.. I don't have a firm ETA for you but we are planning on them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
>
Old 03-12-2012, 13:23   #6
ralph dhur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfMarketing View Post
We actually have an extended 29 barrel on our production roadmap.. I don't have a firm ETA for you but we are planning on them.
willing to preorder, whenever possible.
Old 03-12-2012, 16:36   #7
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

What picatinny mounted hardware were you planning to put on your slide that would not be heavy enough to interfere with the operation of the gun?

Everything I know of that's made to mount on a picatinny is either kind of heavy, or else it's not designed to withstand the G forces that happen when the slide moves. I realize Laserlyte has a slide mounter laser now, (the "rear sight" model) but it's very small & light, and I think it surely must have been specially designed from the get-go to deal with those forces. I doubt much other stuff is designed for that.
Old 03-12-2012, 16:50   #8
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lee View Post
What picatinny mounted hardware were you planning to put on your slide that would not be heavy enough to interfere with the operation of the gun?

Everything I know of that's made to mount on a picatinny is either kind of heavy, or else it's not designed to withstand the G forces that happen when the slide moves. I realize Laserlyte has a slide mounter laser now, (the "rear sight" model) but it's very small & light, and I think it surely must have been specially designed from the get-go to deal with those forces. I doubt much other stuff is designed for that.
Any of the newer micro red dot sights will be fine. We carry the burris fastfire and have done lots of leupold deltapoints and trijicon rmr's and they all handle being slide mounted no problem.

>

« DC1 question | - »