Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:38   #21
CBennett

That XDm and XD single stack are on the short list of .45 ACP models I WANT...Ive been wanting a .45 ACP since I had to sell back my buddies Colt Gold Cup back to him years ago..just never got one...I LIKE BOTH!

just debating 9 rounds or 5 rounds Hmmm lol. double or single stack...Probably wont be till next year to be honest as ive already got this years shopping planned(just not paid 4 yet lol) but they (one of the 2) is on the "buy" list unless I find that cheap Glock 36 ive been looking for and not found yet .

Last edited by CBennett; 03-09-2012 at 08:41..
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 15:47   #22
cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeobamabans View Post
I'm wondering what you long time Glock users think of the grip safety on the XDm?
That's a loaded question on a Glock forum. Answering in ernest, I've owned the XD9Tac and XD9SC. Great guns. Nice trigger, better than a stock Glock IMO. Ran well. IMO, the grip safety is needed on the XD because it SA. But, it's one more element (and needed parts) of the gun the Glock does without and one more thing to keep the gun from going boom. If I want complicated, I'll opt for the 1911 or a Beretta. When I want simple, Glock. So, the XD just did nothing for me.

p.s. I do think the XD has the best ambi manual safety going for a poly gun. It's metal, small and low profile. Use it or don't, and if not it's out of the way. If I got an XD again it would be for the manual safety alone, but it's a limited run.
- When I was strong they came for the weak but I did nothing. Now I am weak and they come for me.

Last edited by cole; 03-09-2012 at 15:50.. Reason: p.s. added
cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 16:21   #23
March817

The XDm 3.8" Compact on my list is in .40s&w.
Old 03-09-2012, 17:42   #24
gocubs6

The XDM is a sweet gun. I have an XDM 9, a Sig 226, a G26, a CZ P-01, and a 1911. So, its not like I haven't tried some other top pistols. The XDM shoots better in my hand than all of them (but I just got the CZ and haven't hit the range yet). It has never malfunctioned and I like the trigger better than all of my 9mm pistols (my 1911 is a .45). I had a G19, but it was the first one I sold when I wanted to get the CZ. I love the G26 w/ the 3.5 connector, but the XDM is the go to pistol. Don't listen to all the nonsense about the grip safety and the dreaded "high bore axis." It is all garbage. It is cool if people like other guns (so do I) and if they prefer certain options. However, the fact is that the grip safety is not an issue and the XDM shoots softer than my Glocks. The only downside in my book is that it is a more complicated pistol than a Glock.
gocubs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 18:55   #25
carbuncle
is not cool.

I want one of all the sizes of the XDm in .45!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2012, 19:44   #26
Jade Falcon
49er Loyal

I definitely want one! Way slimmer than a G30, but with the power of .45 ACP! Gotta love Springfield; they've got a winner with this gun.
Old 03-09-2012, 19:56   #27
ubimow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brines View Post
One of the reasons I chose Glock over Springfield when I bought my first semi was the reputation Glock has for long term durability, and the fact that they are known to shoot just as good as brand new after being abused and neglected. Not that I plan to ever abuse or neglect my Glock, but durability and reliability is something I look for in a gun. After safety and accuracy.

From reading in these forums I am starting to get the impression that Glock may have made some changes in the manufacturing process of their guns that may be great for them ($$$$), but may hurt the customer in the long run. For example, it is believed by some of my well informed gun enthusiast friends that Glock is no longer treating their guns with tenifer (if that's how you spell it). I saw pictures posted from a "torture test" of a G26 Gen 4 that a guy performed on his own. After being left exposed to the elements for a week, buried under dirt and mud and rained on, there was a considerable amount of rust on the gun, especially the barrel.

Now obviously I am not going to be burying my gun and letting it get rained on, but it is still something that took my opinion of Glock from "perfection" to "almost perfect". Also it makes me wonder just what other changes they have made that aren't so obvious. I need a gun that will shoot no matter how "F'd up" of a situation I may find myself in.

These Springfield XDM's look very enticing. I shot an XD once a few years back an loved it. I have a Glock 26 Gen 4 and a G23 Gen 3. My .45 ACP that I will be getting this year, might just be made by Springfield instead of Glock. Still haven't decided and the Glock 21 is so far the most fun gun I've ever had the pleasure of shooting.
I completely agree with you! Glock just doesn't seem to be producing their guns with the same quality and reliability that they are famous for. And yes, I know people will say that they have thousands of rds through their Glocks without a single problem but the sheer number of complaints about FTF, FTE, erratic ejection, rusting...etc, is WAY higher in the last year or two then ever before. This CAN'T be ignored.

I am looking to buy another CC gun and it WAS going to be a Gen 4 Glock but now I am seriously thinking about buying an XD or even an M&P instead.
Old 03-09-2012, 21:15   #28
svtpwnz

I really want the XDm 45c with ss slide. Thanks OP! Thanks alot!
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 21:34   #29
vram74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brines View Post
One of the reasons I chose Glock over Springfield when I bought my first semi was the reputation Glock has for long term durability, and the fact that they are known to shoot just as good as brand new after being abused and neglected. Not that I plan to ever abuse or neglect my Glock, but durability and reliability is something I look for in a gun. After safety and accuracy.

From reading in these forums I am starting to get the impression that Glock may have made some changes in the manufacturing process of their guns that may be great for them ($$$$), but may hurt the customer in the long run. For example, it is believed by some of my well informed gun enthusiast friends that Glock is no longer treating their guns with tenifer (if that's how you spell it). I saw pictures posted from a "torture test" of a G26 Gen 4 that a guy performed on his own. After being left exposed to the elements for a week, buried under dirt and mud and rained on, there was a considerable amount of rust on the gun, especially the barrel.

Now obviously I am not going to be burying my gun and letting it get rained on, but it is still something that took my opinion of Glock from "perfection" to "almost perfect". Also it makes me wonder just what other changes they have made that aren't so obvious. I need a gun that will shoot no matter how "F'd up" of a situation I may find myself in.

These Springfield XDM's look very enticing. I shot an XD once a few years back an loved it. I have a Glock 26 Gen 4 and a G23 Gen 3. My .45 ACP that I will be getting this year, might just be made by Springfield instead of Glock. Still haven't decided and the Glock 21 is so far the most fun gun I've ever had the pleasure of shooting.

I thought they switched melonite treatment? That would suck if they just opted for no treatment at all.
vram74 is offline   Reply With Quote