SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:18   #21
Ethereal Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
A cautionary mention: I had modified the bottom rim of the G20 mag, not the follower.

you know, I did that too when I attempted the mod, but now I'm wondering if I beveled far enough. I basically just knocked off the sharp edges left and right and did a solid bevel front and back.

looking back at the followers and bodies I modded I noticed that one follower had not been beveled side to side only front and back.

Maybe I need to go farther on the side bevels.

I'm still stumped how you are getting that spring to fit without dragging in the 10mm body. Is it possible to measure yours?
Ethereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 13:23   #22
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Killer View Post
you know, I did that too when I attempted the mod, but now I'm wondering if I beveled far enough. I basically just knocked off the sharp edges left and right and did a solid bevel front and back.

looking back at the followers and bodies I modded I noticed that one follower had not been beveled side to side only front and back.

Maybe I need to go farther on the side bevels.

I'm still stumped how you are getting that spring to fit without dragging in the 10mm body. Is it possible to measure yours?
I will try to find my calipers and fulfill your request. Perhaps I just got lucky on the tolerances with my particular setup. But then, I'd rather be lucky than smart!

I did more than just knock off the side "ridges" created by the narrower 10mm width; I bevelled th ENTIRE width of that created ridge. This may match what you mean by a "solid" bevel.

I did not need to do any work on the follower to achieve my own personal "milspec" rating on my setup, so I did not even try.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 03-07-2012 at 13:25..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 16:02   #23
Ethereal Killer

It sounds like your solution would have solved what i was getting. the follower was hanging up at the transition.
Old 04-28-2012, 13:42   #24
Ethereal Killer

Link to mod of the Korean mags

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384302

looks like you basically just bend the feedlips in slightly past where they need to be and let them relax back out a bit.
Old 04-28-2012, 22:27   #25
blackgun556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Killer View Post
Link to mod of the Korean mags

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384302

looks like you basically just bend the feedlips in slightly past where they need to be and let them relax back out a bit.
squeeze the sides in so the don't get hung up on the sides.
notjustanothermini said 3 hammer strikes to the side. I just used a pair of channel locks with a rag wrapped around the mag a gave them a good squeezed. They work great for the range but would never use them where I would really depend on them.
blackgun556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 20:19   #26
Ethereal Killer

Tried the hammer thing today on one and oddly enough as imprecise as it sounds three mild mallet strikes did the trick almost perfectly. will test at range when I get a chance.