Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2012, 13:54   #1
TexasGlockster

Question

So I purchased a NIB G17 about 3 months ago. Long story short, my dad loves it but I don't like how I have to shift my grip to drop a mag or release the slide. I'm giving the 17 to my dad and he is going to get me a glock that fits me better. I think I want to do the 19 or the 23, both of which I have heard great things about. What I'm really looking for is your personal opinion, realizing that it is simply that. 19 or 23? If I got the 23 I would most likely shoot 9mm 90% of the time and I'm worried that having the interchangeable barrels and magazines would decrease its reliability. That being said, I like the idea of having the ability to load .40 (or even 357 sig) if I choose. I've also heard fewer complaints about problems with the gen 4 23 compared to the gen 4 19.Thoughts?
TexasGlockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 18:57   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Gen4 Glock 23 may solve your problems. No trick to run 9mm conversion in it, and magazine release is reversible. This will allow you to drop the magazine with your index or middle finger, which many find requires less grip shift than the usual right thumb technique. However, since Gen4 has a larger mag release than its predecessors, try it the regular way before you switch: that may solve your grip shifting problem by itself.

Am presently testing a Glock 32 Gen4 for one of the gun magazines -- same gun as the G23 Gen4, but in .357 SIG -- and it's rock-solid reliable so far.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is online now   Reply With Quote