GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:33   #76
G19aps

That is so weird. I found that the CT grips were brutal, giving me a blood blister with only one shot. The Hogue boot grips don't do that and in general I find that they're more comfortable even with +P Gold Dot. Now... they still sting... but I don't get a blood blister.
G19aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 13:17   #77
just for fun

First thoughts were"Oh boy more plastic junk on the market! Sure as the world somebody will buy these." Shortly afterwards I saw one at my favorite gun store, asked to see it(only so I could make fun of it). BOUGHT IT!!! Got a soft spot for snubies and the, at the time, the newest Ruger is the best handling one I own. It's also the ugliest!
just for fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 19:02   #78
opr1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
The 442 isn't too "snappy", but it isn't really a range gun. And I'm not sure how accurate I'm going to be with it. But it is small and well-built! Wife carried it last night.

"...small and well-built!" wife? gun?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:16   #79
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRoderX View Post
So does anyone own a Polymer snub nose revolver.

When I went to check out the different snub nose revolvers I noticed the LCR something new kinda different but i just wasn't for me at this time.

I prefer a metal body snub nose but that don't mean I ain't curious about the Plastic Revolvers people are putting out.

Will my google fu lead me to some pretty mixed reviews on the LCR. Seems like some people are complaining about Flame cutting with in the first 500 rounds and having to send them back.

So has anyone else experienced this problem and is the Plastic Revolver just a fad or something here to stay.

Would you own a Plastic revolver your self?

Just in case your wondering I got a S&W 637 Chief special.

The flame cutting was only on a limited number of untreated Al frames.

You do realize that only the grip/trigger housing is plastic right?
Old 03-02-2012, 19:08   #80
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*E View Post
I was at Cabela's today and counted 10 used LCRs for sale. Guess there's plenty of folks who didn't like 'em.
Or they were 38s that are being sold to pay for 357 LCRs.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:06   #81
Chup

I put 2000 rounds threw my LCR 357 most of the rounds 357. When ever I show the LCR at our shop I tell the customer if they want to try it shoot mine. Three customers have shot my gun and all three have bought one. Two were Ladies they did not like the Trigger Pull on other guns. So now my gun has even more rounds threw it and there is no signs of ware inside. We haven't had any returned with problems.
Chup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 18:15   #82
WMDoug
Keep&Bear Arms

That is interesting that there are so many used LCRs for sale. I wouldn't want to part with mine. I was going to get rid of the crimson trace and replace with Hogue grips only because of the recoil, but that was short sighted on my part (no pun intended). The crimson trace allows me to aim without looking down the barrel from a cover position or from a draw position. I also get good practice feedback when carrying it around the house.

It is a snappy rascal but I really like this gun.
Old 03-04-2012, 18:18   #83
WMDoug
Keep&Bear Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by up1911fan View Post
Heres my LCR .38spcl with XS front sight and Crimson Trace Lasergrips.
The Snubbie Club
The Snubbie Club
That's my gun! In fact, I put the XS sights on it on your recommendation! Nice job.