Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 20:55   #1
noway

Okay VT, just how do you do it?

I renewed my FL-CCW for the 3rd time and never realize the fact that VT has no conceal weapons permit issued to there residents , so how does one from VT carry in a state that has concealed weapons permit issued?

Florida kinda of sucks with the laws and not honoring your RKBA without permits.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 21:14   #2
xmanhockey7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
I renewed my FL-CCW for the 3rd time and never realize the fact that VT has no conceal weapons permit issued to there residents , so how does one from VT carry in a state that has concealed weapons permit issued?

Florida kinda of sucks with the laws and not honoring your RKBA without permits.
VT residents can get non-resident permits. They have a great state as far as carry goes. I don't think concealed carry has ever been illegal there, no permit necessary.
Old 02-28-2012, 21:19   #3
SJ 40

Most that I know obtain a N.H. permit,of course NH is also looking at joining the Constitutional carry ranks. That would total five states that understand what our founders intended. Then the other 45 have to discover just what the document called the Constitution is. SJ 40
SJ 40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 21:26   #4
2740dmx

I am a Vermonter.

I carry concealed with no permit required...
but have a New Hampshire non-resident permit, which helps me when certain states want proof of CCW license in order to carry in that state.

Also, NH is trying to pass "no permit required" but will still offer permits for those who want them.

I honestly wish that Vermont offered optional carry permits, because it does come in handy when attempting to carry in other states.
Old 02-28-2012, 21:29   #5
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
VT residents can get non-resident permits. They have a great state as far as carry goes. I don't think concealed carry has ever been illegal there, no permit necessary.
Since 1791,it Just Works.
Vermont does not have any kind of permit other than our Constitution,don't need it.
Their was some talk some years back about a written permit by the state government for reciprocity purposes,it failed to gain support.
The feeling is why let some government official issue a written permit when we have our God given right,I don't see it happening. SJ 40
SJ 40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 21:52   #6
ATW525

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
Most that I know obtain a N.H. permit,of course NH is also looking at joining the Constitutional carry ranks. That would total five states that understand what our founders intended. Then the other 45 have to discover just what the document called the Constitution is. SJ 40
I'm not holding my breath... Constitutional carry passed the House for the second year in a row, but is languishing in the Senate (the same place it died last last year). Even if the Senate finally acts, it still has to overcome a promised veto from the Governor.
ATW525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 22:00   #7
noway

It's strange how the USA is a UNION but yet each state can act completely 180 degrees different from another. I never realize the issues that a RKBA state ( VT ) would have in a another carry state, until I read my renewal yellow pamphlet and the various rules set by FLA with regards to reciprocatory agreement.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote