GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:06   #21
Burleigh

Very interesting thread. Thanks to all who posted here.
Burleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 20:38   #22
j19
I am a ******.

My mind reportedly has room for lots of new information. I beg to differ. I am a newbie shooter and Glock owner. Retired from the medical side of the Navy and even spent time with the marines. My M16 and 1911 were required field gear way back when but most of the time was spent making Marines well, not shooting. Now retired I learn more and more every day about my Glock. Great thread here for newbies with time.
j19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 20:41   #23
j19
I am a ******.

My mind reportedly has room for lots of new information. I beg to differ. I am a newbie shooter and Glock owner. Retired from the medical side of the Navy and even spent time with the marines. My M16 and 1911 were required field gear way back when but most of the time was spent making Marines well, not shooting. Now retired I learn more and more every day about my Glock. Great thread here for newbies with time.

j19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 23:04   #24
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by j19 View Post

In case no one has said it yet, Welcome to GlockTalk!

And....there are nine articles on my blog that I think all Glock newbs should read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:02   #25
kashdaddy
Glockaholic

Easy, the factory spring has a more shiney metal surface like galvanize and the aftermarket heavy trigger spring has a more dark brown metal surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
How do you tell the difference between a 6# and a 5# coil spring by looking at it?
G17, G19, G27, G22, G34, G35, G21, AR-15, AK-47, SKS, Mossberg, Benelli, Tec9, Mac10, Dan Wesson, Para Ordnance, Wilson Combat 1911, Kimber .45, S&W, Taurus, Hi-Point, HK, Springfield, CZ, .308 Sniper Rifle, .243 Deer Rifle, Kimber Rifle, Colt .22
kashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:56   #26
tnd2

How do you guesstimate what your trigger pull weight will be(if you don't have a scale or a bunch of parts to try)?
The connector has a weight rating, and the spring has a weight rating, what happens when you mix and match pieces?
Stock G21 Gen3 5# connector w/spring
NY1 trigger spring is supposed to be 8#, NY2 12#
If I was to stay with the stock connector but go to the NY1 setup would I have roughly a 8# trigger pull, then switching to a 3.5# connector would reduce the pull by approximately 1.5# creating a 6.5# setup?
tnd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:39   #27
auto-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnd2 View Post
How do you guesstimate what your trigger pull weight will be(if you don't have a scale or a bunch of parts to try)?
The connector has a weight rating, and the spring has a weight rating, what happens when you mix and match pieces?
Stock G21 Gen3 5# connector w/spring
NY1 trigger spring is supposed to be 8#, NY2 12#
If I was to stay with the stock connector but go to the NY1 setup would I have roughly a 8# trigger pull, then switching to a 3.5# connector would reduce the pull by approximately 1.5# creating a 6.5# setup?
7lb from what I read.
auto-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:40   #28
wydglide
Freemason Glock

Can anybody explain what the Pros & Cons of the NY trigger spring? Ive tried to find why it was even made with no clear answers.

side note: these threads on the history of Glock is just outstanding, Ive been through a few now and I'm just blowed away at the useful info....Great job guys!
Freemason's: founders of the the original Tea Party! ;)
wydglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:30   #29
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wydglide View Post
Can anybody explain what the Pros & Cons of the NY trigger spring? Ive tried to find why it was even made with no clear answers.
When the New York State Police was looking at switching to Glocks they wanted the trigger pull to be heavier and more like the DA revolver trigger pull they were used to, and Glock made the original NY spring to give them what they wanted.

The Pro to the use of a NY spring is that it makes the entire trigger pull heavier and thus harder to fire unintentionally.

The Con to the use of a NY spring is that it makes the entire trigger pull heavier and thus harder to use well.

It also increases pressure on the trigger bar/connector interface which appears to increase the possibility of having the two parts gall together and when that happens the gun can be near impossible to fire.

Some folks like to say it makes the trigger reset 'more positive' but in reality it only makes it harder/heavier, which makes it harder to use well.

No, I'm not a fan of the NY springs and I do my best to not let my friends use them. Friends don't let friends use NY springs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:59   #30
wydglide
Freemason Glock

Great reply butch.....that is pretty much what I was thinking "something that can mess up" on a very simple system that just flat works Great as is!

Thanks
Glide
Freemason's: founders of the the original Tea Party! ;)
wydglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:51   #31
phoenixg23

I respect this is an old Thread but, I am so thankful for it remaining accessable and live. I decided to detail clean and also polish the trigger assembly (.25 trigger job) on my Bride's G19 Gen 2. Took it apart and was lost, looked very different from my G23 Gen 3. Glad I did tear the gun down, there was a large plug of lint within the part the trigger spring sits. No wonder the trigger was so difficult to pull.

Thanks again
phoenixg23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springs, trigger weight, triggers