SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2012, 18:12   #101
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb31 View Post
YTown, moneymaker is right. Don't let the morons here bother you. They are just that, morons.
Specifically, which posters do you consider morons?

Before you screw up too much courage associating yourself with others, you might want to read all the posts in the thread, not just the ones that make you feel all tingly.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 18:36   #102
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Your remarks are interesting Rabbi. Probably why I have to click to view each and every one of your posts. Yeah I am not the best at anything. Worst at everything. How I made it this far who the hell knows.

I guess it is all in context. If an officer tells someone to render aid by picking up his handcuffs he dropped is one thing or possibly giving information which the citizen is also obliged to perform.

An officer telling a citizen at the scene of a crime to assist in the physical arrest of a BG (which some CCW'ers daydream about) is a completely different matter and which is the context in which I believe this thread is talking about.

So simple facts are only important when it is in a specific context I guess. But all this is just generalities and it is true I don't like generalities.

EDIT: And for the record Rabbi - I don't think you are a complete tool just that your posts are condescending and logic skewed to meet whatever agenda you have at the time.
Some poeple are simply wired to not "get it"

I think you want to get it, I really do. I dont think you are a bad guy at all but you have a disconnect when it comes to processing information.

Kind of like the gun guy who repeats all the same myths about guns over and over because "that is what he heard" and as time goes on, and he begins to be informed about the real truth, instead of growing in knowledge, he just keeps on repeating and defending all the crap. OR, just keeps believing new crap instead of real truths. It is also similar to conspiracy theory people. The kind of people who are in to them dont cling to just one (which could make sense) they tend to buy all of them. That is not healthy and is in fact a flaw in ones approach.

You, in many posts, about many subjects, just dont seem to be able to muster up complete facts or demonstrate an understanding of a global perspective of an issue.

Is that what you want? Is that who you want to be? A half truth is often as bad as being completly wrong just as bad information in will always equal bad information out.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 20:13   #103
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:29   #104
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Cop Talk
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:30   #105
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Some poeple are simply wired to not "get it"

I think you want to get it, I really do. I dont think you are a bad guy at all but you have a disconnect when it comes to processing information.

Kind of like the gun guy who repeats all the same myths about guns over and over because "that is what he heard" and as time goes on, and he begins to be informed about the real truth, instead of growing in knowledge, he just keeps on repeating and defending all the crap. OR, just keeps believing new crap instead of real truths. It is also similar to conspiracy theory people. The kind of people who are in to them dont cling to just one (which could make sense) they tend to buy all of them. That is not healthy and is in fact a flaw in ones approach.

You, in many posts, about many subjects, just dont seem to be able to muster up complete facts or demonstrate an understanding of a global perspective of an issue.

Is that what you want? Is that who you want to be? A half truth is often as bad as being completly wrong just as bad information in will always equal bad information out.

I guess I just worry about me and don't possess this whole "global perspective" that you must have.

As far as a half truth. Rabbi --> I don't know who you are but I would be wiling to meet you in person just out of pure curiousness. Maybe you could continue to explain these half truths that I have. Not a threat -> I am just merely stating I don't mind taking a trip to San Antonio and saying hello. We could discuss it.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.

Last edited by Javelin; 02-10-2012 at 21:33..
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:50   #106
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
I guess I just worry about me and don't possess this whole "global perspective" that you must have.

As far as a half truth. Rabbi --> I don't know who you are but I would be wiling to meet you in person just out of pure curiousness. Maybe you could continue to explain these half truths that I have. Not a threat -> I am just merely stating I don't mind taking a trip to San Antonio and saying hello. We could discuss it.

You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:58   #107
Vigilant

Quote:

Well, alrighty then. Now I'm really impressed.

Do me a favor. Add me to your Ignore List as well.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:06   #108
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Hey fella. I have taken these little low blows from this Rabbi over and over and they have got to stop. It gets old after a while. He obviously wants to continue the personal insults. I am a very recent Infantry Captain & I don't mind asking that if folks care to make those insults to give them the opportunity to do it in person.

Or is that breaking some secret internet ninja code?
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 02-10-2012, 22:07   #109
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Well, alrighty then. Now I'm really impressed.

Do me a favor. Add me to your Ignore List as well.
done/
Old 02-10-2012, 22:13   #110
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Hey fella. I have taken these little low blows from this Rabbi over and over and they have got to stop. It gets old after a while. He obviously wants to continue the personal insults. I am a very recent Infantry Captain & I don't mind asking that if folks care to make those insults to give them the opportunity to do it in person.

Perfect example...once again you are bent on the wrong course of action.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 02-10-2012, 22:18   #111
RussP

Quote:
Not a threat -> I am just merely stating I don't mind taking a trip to San Antonio and saying hello. We could discuss it.

Quote:
I am a very recent Infantry Captain & I don't mind asking that if folks care to make those insults to give them the opportunity to do it in person.

Aren't you contradicting yourself...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 23:02   #112
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Aren't you contradicting yourself...
Nope. I am a lover / not a hater. I don't mind talking about things in person. I grew up in a small town and I guess I have small town mentality.. not some awesome globalization thought process or whatever Rabbi guy claims.

If someone wants to be cynical and crass and enjoys the little remarks and put downs to make themselves feel like they are a superior being on some internet forum I should let them.

Rabbi - I take it back. I am sure you are a great person. You will remain on my ignore list and I will stop clicking to view what cute little remarks you have or to point out flaws in reasoning that I failed to type on my keyboard in replying in a thread.
Old 02-10-2012, 23:17   #113
Vigilant

Javelin:

I imagine you are probably still clicking on my posts, because you can't stand not knowing what is being said. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Ignore List, does it not?

I have no hard feelings toward you, and I doubt that anyone else here does. Rabbi has been on here for quite some time, as have many others, including myself. He very seldom has an issue with anyone. What does that tell you?
Old 02-10-2012, 23:27   #114
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Javelin:

I imagine you are probably still clicking on my posts, because you can't stand not knowing what is being said. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Ignore List, does it not?

I have no hard feelings toward you, and I doubt that anyone else here does. Rabbi has been on here for quite some time, as have many others, including myself. He very seldom has an issue with anyone. What does that tell you?
I dont have an issue with Javelin either...none. I have an issue with facts. If someone says 1+1=3 I am going to try to teach them something. As I have said, some poeple have a better track record with facts than others. We are not talking about religion/politics or our favorite colors...things that are quantifiiable.

Some people will go to great lengths to not incorporate new information into their view of things.

Last edited by Rabbi; 02-10-2012 at 23:28..
Old 02-10-2012, 23:31   #115
YtownGlock
Rookie

Girls girls girls, you're all pretty... I think this thread has just about run its course. I thank those who actually took the time to read it and answer the underlying question within it :Would you (A CCWer) come to the aid of a downed LEO whether asked to or not. I appreciate the responses. Can you guys make a new thread elsewhere and hold your pissing contest there?

Last edited by YtownGlock; 02-10-2012 at 23:32..
YtownGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 23:33   #116
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont have an issue with Javelin either...none. I have an issue with facts. If someone says 1+1=3 I am going to try to teach them something. As I have said, some poeple have a better track record with facts than others. We are not talking about religion/politics or our favorite colors...things that are quantifiiable.

Some people will go to great lengths to not incorporate new information into their view of things.
Also, as a certain ancient member would say,

Some people are educated far beyond their level of intelligence.
Old 02-10-2012, 23:35   #117
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

To the OP. Yes, I would.

I am not a cop.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:28   #118
MoneyMaker

Sorry but a Real Police Officer does not wanna come on these forums after what they deal with all day or night and deal with this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know way to many of them and they are not gonna come on a forum and discuss there cases and others cases,It just dont happen,The only ones you may see here are new rookies or the retired,But you will not see your everyday police officer that has to deal with crackheads,meth users,prostitution,rape,child abuse,killing,car wrecks ect. on here talking about it or anything else,It is farthest from there minds,So RussP if you think otherwise or want the viewers to think that this forum is full of LE waiting to answer questions or tell there everyday stories,Well more power to you,As i am done with this section of the forum.
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:31   #119
MoneyMaker

oh by the way Russ i see you was whata Mall cop,bwahahahahahahahaha
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:41   #120
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
Sorry but a Real Police Officer does not wanna come on these forums after what they deal with all day or night and deal with this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know way to many of them and they are not gonna come on a forum and discuss there cases and others cases,It just dont happen,The only ones you may see here are new rookies or the retired,But you will not see your everyday police officer that has to deal with crackheads,meth users,prostitution,rape,child abuse,killing,car wrecks ect. on here talking about it or anything else,It is farthest from there minds,So RussP if you think otherwise or want the viewers to think that this forum is full of LE waiting to answer questions or tell there everyday stories,Well more power to you,As i am done with this section of the forum.
Cop Talk

Last edited by TBO; 02-11-2012 at 03:44..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ccw, gunman, orc, stop, traffic