Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:27   #81
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You're a tool....a dull one at that.

The word de jour for him is Pillock. He is a shining example of one.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:42   #82
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
The word de jour for him is Pillock. He is a shining example of one.
Yes, but are you posting as an Agency?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43   #83
eb31
ANARCHY!

I have zero legal or moral obligation to help anyone, civilian or LEO. Try to bring in to court. Bet it doesn't go far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
eb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:45   #84
Detectorist

I've always thought of different scenarios in order to be prepared.

If a non LEO comes upon a situation where a uniformed Cop is on the ground getting beat up, what are the options?

Is deadly force allowed? Hit the BG over the head with a tire iron? Ask the BG to please refrain from violent behavior? lol.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:48   #85
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I would assist for sure (as I believe most would). If an officer is in the ditch on the side of the road with a BG & getting his butt handed to him and I saw it of course that BG is going to have to deal w/ me too.

But here in Texas there is no legal or moral obligation to help or assist an LEO. Your only duty is to report a crime. Nothing else.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 13:00   #86
blueiron

Quote:
Yes, but are you posting as an Agency?
My opinions are that of a bitter and retired street cop whose greatest dilemma was what to detest more - the decline of humanity or his agency administrators.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 13:06   #87
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
ytown dont let this bother you,99 percent of these guys on these forums are wannabes thereselves and are behind the scene actors,They like to make fun of how you type or how you phrase something,But in the real world,LE,Military and other Agencies dont come to these gun forums and post,So dont let them tell you they are all LE here or other forums!!Russ you seem to enjoy to poke fun at folks until they return the favor huh?
I audibly laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb31 View Post
I have zero legal or moral obligation to help anyone, civilian or LEO.
What we need is no people like you.
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 13:19   #88
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post

But here in Texas there is no legal or moral obligation to help or assist an LEO. Your only duty is to report a crime. Nothing else.

Texas CCP 2.14

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 02-10-2012, 13:35   #89
RussP

Quote:
Quote:
Texas CCP 2.14
Art. 2.14. [38] [45] [46] MAY SUMMON AID. Whenever a peace
officer meets with resistance in discharging any duty imposed upon
him by law, he shall summon a sufficient number of citizens of his
county to overcome the resistance; and all persons summoned are
bound to obey.

Acts 1965, 59th Leg., vol. 2, p. 317, ch. 722, eff. Jan. 1, 1966.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-10-2012 at 13:35..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 13:51   #90
RussP

Quote:
I have zero legal or moral obligation to help anyone, civilian or LEO. Try to bring in to court. Bet it doesn't go far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
What we need is no people like you.
eb31 has his purpose.

Old 02-10-2012, 14:17   #91
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
I suspect a person would need to have morals in the first place in order to be obligated by them.

OP: Good luck at the academy when you go back.
Old 02-10-2012, 14:18   #92
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Art. 2.14. [38] [45] [46] MAY SUMMON AID. Whenever a peace
officer meets with resistance in discharging any duty imposed upon
him by law, he shall summon a sufficient number of citizens of his
county to overcome the resistance; and all persons summoned are
bound to obey.

Acts 1965, 59th Leg., vol. 2, p. 317, ch. 722, eff. Jan. 1, 1966.
I do not believe that is in the same context because it is referring to deputizing--- has everything to do about citizens of his county. What if I am in Dallas County but I am a resident of Collin County? My information about no obligation to render aid is coming from the CHL Instructor DPS Officer in Austin so take it for what it's worth.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 02-10-2012, 14:21   #93
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I do not believe that is in the same context because it is referring to deputizing--- has everything to do about citizens of his county. What if I am in Dallas County but I am a resident of Collin County? My information about no obligation to render aid is coming from the CHL Instructor DPS Officer in Austin so take it for what it's worth.
CCP 2.14 actually doesnt use the word "deputize" at all. If a cop gives you a lawful order/request to help. This will apply. You have no duty to do so without that order/request.

The problem with CCP 2.14 is CCP 2.15. It doesnt spell out a penalty...just that there is one.

Old 02-10-2012, 14:24   #94
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Though I would be willing to put myself in danger to assist an officer there is no legal obligation that I do it. And a Texas Officer cannot legally place my life or my family in danger to do his job. It is just not the way it works.

Last edited by Javelin; 02-10-2012 at 14:25..
Old 02-10-2012, 14:30   #95
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Though I would be willing to put myself in danger to assist an officer there is no legal obligation that I do it. And a Texas Officer cannot legally place my life or my family in danger to do his job. It is just not the way it works.
Placing yourself in "danger" and "failure to render aid" are not always the same thing.

of all the people on Glock Talk, you are among the worst when it comes to getting simple facts straight and just keep plowing forward. Good luck with that.

Old 02-10-2012, 14:38   #96
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Placing yourself in "danger" and "failure to render aid" are not always the same thing.

of all the people on Glock Talk, you are among the worst when it comes to getting simple facts straight and just keep plowing forward. Good luck with that.
Your remarks are interesting Rabbi. Probably why I have to click to view each and every one of your posts. Yeah I am not the best at anything. Worst at everything. How I made it this far who the hell knows.

I guess it is all in context. If an officer tells someone to render aid by picking up his handcuffs he dropped is one thing or possibly giving information which the citizen is also obliged to perform.

An officer telling a citizen at the scene of a crime to assist in the physical arrest of a BG (which some CCW'ers daydream about) is a completely different matter and which is the context in which I believe this thread is talking about.

So simple facts are only important when it is in a specific context I guess. But all this is just generalities and it is true I don't like generalities.

EDIT: And for the record Rabbi - I don't think you are a complete tool just that your posts are condescending and logic skewed to meet whatever agenda you have at the time.

Last edited by Javelin; 02-10-2012 at 14:41..
Old 02-10-2012, 17:20   #97
eb31
ANARCHY!

Quote:
Your remarks are interesting Rabbi. Probably why I have to click to view each and every one of your posts. Yeah I am not the best at anything. Worst at everything. How I made it this far who the hell knows.

I guess it is all in context. If an officer tells someone to render aid by picking up his handcuffs he dropped is one thing or possibly giving information which the citizen is also obliged to perform.

An officer telling a citizen at the scene of a crime to assist in the physical arrest of a BG (which some CCW'ers daydream about) is a completely different matter and which is the context in which I believe this thread is talking about.

So simple facts are only important when it is in a specific context I guess. But all this is just generalities and it is true I don't like generalities.

EDIT: And for the record Rabbi - I don't think you are a complete tool just that your posts are condescending and logic skewed to meet whatever agenda you have at the time.
Well said sir. Well said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-10-2012, 17:30   #98
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

True. Prestige worldwide!
Quote:

Old 02-10-2012, 17:46   #99
eb31
ANARCHY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
ytown dont let this bother you,99 percent of these guys on these forums are wannabes thereselves and are behind the scene actors,They like to make fun of how you type or how you phrase something,But in the real world,LE,Military and other Agencies dont come to these gun forums and post,So dont let them tell you they are all LE here or other forums!!Russ you seem to enjoy to poke fun at folks until they return the favor huh?
Great post! You have Russ pegged to a T. All mouth towards others until it comes back at him.

YTown, moneymaker is right. Don't let the morons here bother you. They are just that, morons.

Old 02-10-2012, 18:07   #100
RussP

Quote:
Great post! You have Russ pegged to a T. All mouth towards others until it comes back at him.

YTown, moneymaker is right. Don't let the morons here bother you. They are just that, morons.
Exactly, to which post do you think I should reply, and exactly what should I say?

Last edited by RussP; 02-10-2012 at 21:33..

Tags
ccw, gunman, orc, stop, traffic