SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2012, 18:41   #101
carloglock19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean_glocker View Post
Just got back from the range! I'm loving this rifle! Shooting lefty there was no concern with brass in the face. I shot decent group for indoor shooting (25yds). My wife actually enjoyed shooting zombie targets with it! Pic later.

In regards to optics, I'm sure at some point I will, but I'm in no rush. I'm a traditionalist I'm gonna shoot irons. All electronics fail at one time or another for many reasons, so I'm gonna get proficient with the irons.

I wouldn't consider myself a 'Mall Ninja' or 'Coach Commando', just an enthusiast. and if SHTF God forbid, I'm gonna grab my shotgun... maybe my wife would take the AR
Good report man the M&P15s are good rifles, that reminds me I have to hit the range with my son soon my MOE has been sitting quiet for a while now! Enjoy the rifle!
AK47 Club - 2006AFG
BRC - 2016

Last edited by carloglock19; 02-06-2012 at 18:42..
carloglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:42   #102
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Ive really tried to not post in this thread but please do us all a favor. Either stay over on M4carbine (where everyones life is on the line with the rifle they buy-----we know you guys are so hardcore it hurts)...........OR buy a glucometer and check your blood sugar. If it is below 70 drink some orange juice or eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwee. This will probably make your responses seem not so retarded once you get your sugar up. Glucose to the brain is important.

If you think this comment by me is outlandish or off the wall in anyway........please please please fill us all in on how many gun fights you have been in and how all your top tier Noveskes have saved your tail. Because Im betting all those Noveskes do is show up in online forum picture threads. Peace.
I love the personal attacks. Especially from the likes of you.

And yeah I have probably been in a few fire fights... not sure the gun saved my life as my training did... I was using a Colt at the time FWIW.

But I am sure you would like to share your story of when you first earned your CIB or Purple Heart? I would be very interested in hearing it.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:47   #103
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Congrats!!

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:07   #104
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
I love the personal attacks. Especially from the likes of you.

And yeah I have probably been in a few fire fights... not sure the gun saved my life as my training did... I was using a Colt at the time FWIW.

But I am sure you would like to share your story of when you first earned your CIB or Purple Heart? I would be very interested in hearing it.
Delete to keep this from being a standard black rifle forum thread.

Last edited by bmoore; 02-06-2012 at 19:40..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:25   #105
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

wow... this thread has gone way off course
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:34   #106
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
All the way from Marines are awesome to blood sugar levels and diet.

Are you not entertained?

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 02-06-2012, 19:39   #107
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
Big time, I will delete mine. Otherwise this will turn into the standard Black rifle forum thread.
Old 02-06-2012, 19:43   #108
Kona dawg

For those ofbyou interested I just ordered one fron sportsmans outdoor super store for 599
Kona dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:47   #109
joecoastie

I believe this has been posted before, here's a Sport that somehow made it through a week long course at Gunsite.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...on-mp15-sport/
Old 02-06-2012, 20:06   #110
Ocean_glocker

What do the last 50-60 posts have to do with me buying my first rifle?

I mean really, I did my research, I knew what I wanted and what would suit MY needs. I get it and I was excited to share with my fellow Glock enthusiasts and this is the reception. oh well...
GSSF Member, F&AM
Ocean_glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 20:17   #111
slickt0mmy

Quote:

I mean really, I did my research, I knew what I wanted and what would suit MY needs. I get it and I was excited to share with my fellow Glock enthusiasts and this is the reception. oh well...
I, for one, am happy for you. The Sport is a great rifle for the money, regardless of what some of the Delta Bravos on here will say.

If it works for you, as it does thousands of others (including me), shoot it and enjoy it. Some people just feel the need to justify their $1500 purchases when you can have just as much fun for $600.
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 20:33   #112
cyphertext

Quote:

You are right, and I apologize for my part in hijacking your thread. I think you got a good rifle at one heckuva sweetheart price. I would have been all over it at that price.

Congrats on your purchase! If I find one, I'm getting one for myself. If I find that I want to upgrade, then fine, my boy will love shooting it. He has the S&W M&P 15-22, and it doesn't have the forward assist or dustcover either.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 20:44   #113
Ruggles

Quote:

Honestly this is a "tough" sub forum on Glock Talk IMO. Lots of anger and insults flying in here. Some great posters but a bunch of know it alls as well. Don't let it get you down
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 21:05   #114
joecoastie

Quote:

My apologies for contributing to the derailment of your thread. I feel you and I are in the same boat, after an honest assessment of my needs and the M&P Sport I felt it was the perfect rifle for me. Unfortunately it seems some people are offended by the fact that some of us feel that a more affordable rifle meets our needs. The tribalism and emotion that so many associate with their brand choices is one of the things that turns me off to much of the AR "community".
Old 02-06-2012, 21:09   #115
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

Quote:

I bought a 15-Sport for the same reasons. You're not alone. Congrats again on your new rifle!

Last edited by JaPes; 02-06-2012 at 21:10..
Old 02-06-2012, 21:12   #116
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
All the way from Marines are awesome to blood sugar levels and diet.

Are you not entertained?

No matter what goes on, no matter how heated the exchanges get, I'll always click on that link in your sig that gets shelter dogs free food:

Click HERE daily to give food for animals in a shelter for free!

Last edited by JaPes; 02-06-2012 at 21:13..
Old 02-06-2012, 22:01   #117
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Ive really tried to not post in this thread but please do us all a favor. Either stay over on M4carbine (where everyones life is on the line with the rifle they buy-----we know you guys are so hardcore it hurts)...........OR buy a glucometer and check your blood sugar. If it is below 70 drink some orange juice or eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwee. This will probably make your responses seem not so retarded once you get your sugar up. Glucose to the brain is important.

If you think this comment by me is outlandish or off the wall in anyway........please please please fill us all in on how many gun fights you have been in and how all your top tier Noveskes have saved your tail. Because Im betting all those Noveskes do is show up in online forum picture threads. Peace.

Man that's just straight up hilarious. Sums up the internet heros perfectly.

BTW, I just picked up one of these S&W's just to piss off the chartologists out there. Heck of a little AR for $609 OTD.

Last edited by MD357; 02-06-2012 at 22:01..
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:43   #118
carloglock19

Quote:

AK47 Club - 2006AFG
BRC - 2016
carloglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:48   #119
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Send a message via AIM to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Yahoo to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Skype™ to nyycanseco33
I have an M&P 15 with EOtech sight and I absolutely love it

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-07-2012, 07:26   #120
22rtf2
Peaceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P View Post
http://www.ar15pro.net/2011/02/which...5-is-best.html this will help some that dont know what mil-spec mean's this also helped me alot when I started looking into geting an AR-15
So Noveske is CLOSE to milspec.

That won't make the "rich", fanboys happy.

Last edited by 22rtf2; 02-07-2012 at 07:29..
22rtf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:47   #121
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Honestly this is a "tough" sub forum on Glock Talk IMO. Lots of anger and insults flying in here. Some great posters but a bunch of know it alls as well. Don't let it get you down

Well stated! The closest some here have ever been in a firefight is with their charcoal grills, let alone what is "the best" fighting rifle. You but what you can afford and enjoy it, don't let a few chuckheads discourage you.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 02-07-2012 at 07:53..
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23   #122
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Well stated! The closest some here have ever been in a firefight is with their charcoal grills, let alone what is "the best" fighting rifle. You but what you can afford and enjoy it, don't let a few chuckheads discourage you.
When I was active duty, I was in a firefight with my Kiwi shoe polish. Burnt a big hole in the carpet of the living room. Does that count?
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:28   #123
Contact

Send a message via AIM to Contact Send a message via Yahoo to Contact
I feel as though I fell and hit my head, and when I woke up I was back in the 1911 vs. Glock forums.

It ends up being the same argument over and over again, and if you don't spend $3500 on a one-off custom made 1911 that was made on machines lubricated with the blood of poor people, it's a piece of garbage, and will inevitably cost you your life.

Has the Colt 1911 and the Colt AR brought a lot of guys back home safely? Absolutely. No question about it, but so have Glocks, so have M&P15's, so have Bushmasters, so have...so have...so have... Does that mean that anything that doesn't have a Colt logo on it is a piece of crap, just because it's half the cost?

I've got a Kimber 1911, has never jammed on me.
I've got a Glock 23 and 27, has never jammed on me.
I've got a M&P15 Sport, has never jammed on me.
I had a Taurus TCP .380, (once I got through the recommended break in period), it never jammed on me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is while new users are browsing these forums, there should be a bit of understanding that there are users on here that are true Firearm Enthusiasts, and there are other users on here that are just Tacticool Fanboys that use their $4,000 rifles outfitted with their flashlights, lasers, bi-pods, tactical salt & pepper shaker, $700 optics, and portable ghillie suit to punch holes in paper and shoot the occasional prairie dog, and think that overspending and buying all kinds of gadgets makes them an authority on something.
Contact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:50   #124
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
When I was active duty, I was in a firefight with my Kiwi shoe polish. Burnt a big hole in the carpet of the living room. Does that count?
Hell Yeah!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:47   #125
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
I feel as though I fell and hit my head, and when I woke up I was back in the 1911 vs. Glock forums.

It ends up being the same argument over and over again, and if you don't spend $3500 on a one-off custom made 1911 that was made on machines lubricated with the blood of poor people, it's a piece of garbage, and will inevitably cost you your life.

Has the Colt 1911 and the Colt AR brought a lot of guys back home safely? Absolutely. No question about it, but so have Glocks, so have M&P15's, so have Bushmasters, so have...so have...so have... Does that mean that anything that doesn't have a Colt logo on it is a piece of crap, just because it's half the cost?

I've got a Kimber 1911, has never jammed on me.
I've got a Glock 23 and 27, has never jammed on me.
I've got a M&P15 Sport, has never jammed on me.
I had a Taurus TCP .380, (once I got through the recommended break in period), it never jammed on me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is while new users are browsing these forums, there should be a bit of understanding that there are users on here that are true Firearm Enthusiasts, and there are other users on here that are just Tacticool Fanboys that use their $4,000 rifles outfitted with their flashlights, lasers, bi-pods, tactical salt & pepper shaker, $700 optics, and portable ghillie suit to punch holes in paper and shoot the occasional prairie dog, and think that overspending and buying all kinds of gadgets makes them an authority on something.
I see what you are saying. You spend money for quality stuff and you are a Tacticool Fanboy.

But you see that is where you need to put that you are an NRA Firearms Instructor at the bottom of your tagline so that everyone knows how much of an expert you really are?

How long was that class again? Oh yeah a whole weekend if my memory serves me.