Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2012, 21:13   #1
JBarbaresi

Is this the right choice? DD or Custom Built?

I am not new to the world of AR's, per se, I've been in the Army for over 10 years now. I am new, however, to learning about all the little intricacies, options, and models available. In all my research I am almost decided that for my first AR purchase I will go with the Daniel Defense DDM4V5. I know Daniel Defense has a great reputation and that this rifle will do everything I would probably need it to do once I get it set up with a few extras.

I can purchase online for a little over $1200 after shipping and transfer fees. I know I will be adding an optic of some sort, a set of BUIS, a Battle Comp 1.0 or 2.0, grip, and maybe a few other minor mods like a sling and such. I figure I can have it completely set up for around $1800-$2000.

My other option that I am bouncing back and forth between is having Centurion Arms build me a 14.5" LW upper using a MUR, 12" C4 Rail, welded Battle Comp 1.5 to stay legal, Gas Buster, and their bolt group. The upper alone from Centurion would be around $1450 and I would pair it up with a complete lower from someone else (still undecided), but figure even on the higher end the lower will be around $450. That will already have me in the $2000 range for just the rifle.

I know it seems like a no brainer, but I want to make sure I get this right on the first go-around. I'd rather spend the extra money now instead of regretting something and having to eat some of that cost down the road and buying a replacement.

I don't plan on doing anything too crazy with the rifle, mostly just some backyard fun, zombie control, goofing off, and possible getting into competition down the road.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks.
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
centurion, daniel, ddm4v5, defense, mur