Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2012, 20:20   #13
MinnesnowtaWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn57 View Post
Yeah, I get it. Loaded extra mags are heavy so you can always hit your attacker with one if your primary weapon is no longer an option for whatever reason.
Yeah and I would love to have an AR15 and a Mini-14 on me and a .50 cal machine gun turret on top of my car, but there is a point where it's just too much. It's JUST MY OPINION, but carrying two guns as a civilian is too much. Now you have not one, but two (or maybe more?) guns that you need to keep in control if you have to use other force like fists. How are you going to protect someone from taking the gun on your hip, the knife in your pocket, and the revolver on your ankle all at the same time? Are you just going to shoot them since you're worried they will take one of your many weapons? That probably won't hold up in a court of law in front of your peers. Good luck trying to convince a jury that carrying multiple pistols on you every day is a reasonable idea.

Again, just my opinion. What if your backup gun also fails? What if the backup to the backup fails? When do you draw the line? I would rather be somewhat comfortable then to have a pistol on my belt, a pistol strapped to my ankle, and a bunch of other weapons in my pockets or on my belt.
MinnesnowtaWild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ankle, backup, ccw