Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2012, 16:00   #21
up1911fan

Generally carry a Ruger LCR in my left front pocket. LCP in the summer. That's in addition to the Glock on my right hip. I do carry a spare mag for the Glock as well.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 16:06   #22
MoneyMaker

i hate to carry 1 gun let alone what some you guys carry,i swear some think they are some urban commandos,i do mean this to the poster but really isnt 1 gun enough?Are you extremley trained in the 1st gun?Trained to have defensive and offensive skills?I see guys post pics of carrying 2 guns,4 or 5 mags,2 or 3 knives,some pepper spray,baton plus all there keys,lighters,cigs,cell phones,Come on enough is enough!!
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 16:15   #23
OMEGA5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
Most states do not have a law regarding the number of guns you can carry. I know NM sets it at one concealed gun. Personally I thinking carry a BUG is a great idea. You never know what may go wrong with your primary.

Anything mechanical can and will malfunction or break.
Dano
OMEGA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:27   #24
YtownGlock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
i hate to carry 1 gun let alone what some you guys carry,i swear some think they are some urban commandos,i do mean this to the poster but really isnt 1 gun enough?Are you extremley trained in the 1st gun?Trained to have defensive and offensive skills?I see guys post pics of carrying 2 guns,4 or 5 mags,2 or 3 knives,some pepper spray,baton plus all there keys,lighters,cigs,cell phones,Come on enough is enough!!
One gun isn't enough, especially in a situation when it fails to function, I mean, what am I going to do, throw my gun at the guy and while he is distracted charge him? As for being trained, I went through a Law Enforcement academy recently and had extensive training on the Glock 17; my carry gun is the Glock 23 Gen4 w/ a TLR-1s and 2 spare G23 mags, not much difference except for caliber, magazine capacity, and recoil. I go to the range AT LEAST 4 times a month. I was also trained in Defensive Tactics. This is going to sound funny, but I carry a 2foot strand of 550 paracord as a DEFENSE weapon (no I don't use it to strangle someone). I also carry a Gerber Icon Tanto folder as well.

Depending on where I am going and so forth, I will take with me a 21" ASP baton and a Mark IV can of Sabre Red 10% OC Spray (I am certified in both).

Now, some people may think THAT is excessive. Some people might think that sounds to be just enough, and others will argue that it isn't enough.

(Check out HellZZArmy's EDC videos on youtube. the man lives in Hawaii and doesn't travel without at least one gun and two knives minimum along with a comtech stinger)

Do I think I am an urban commando? No. I am just a citizen who goes about his life everyday while being prepared both physically, mentally, and equipped.

Call me paranoid or crazy but it doesn't hurt to take the extra precaution and steps to be safe.

Last edited by YtownGlock; 02-02-2012 at 17:30..
YtownGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 19:23   #25
CTfam
DREAM BIG.

A large folder is my BUG and I'm fine with that. Everyone has to decide what they are comfortable with. I roll with a full size Glock and a spare mag and hope that can handle most situations.

PS- Ankle carry sucks.
Old 02-02-2012, 20:20   #26
MinnesnowtaWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn57 View Post
Yeah, I get it. Loaded extra mags are heavy so you can always hit your attacker with one if your primary weapon is no longer an option for whatever reason.
Yeah and I would love to have an AR15 and a Mini-14 on me and a .50 cal machine gun turret on top of my car, but there is a point where it's just too much. It's JUST MY OPINION, but carrying two guns as a civilian is too much. Now you have not one, but two (or maybe more?) guns that you need to keep in control if you have to use other force like fists. How are you going to protect someone from taking the gun on your hip, the knife in your pocket, and the revolver on your ankle all at the same time? Are you just going to shoot them since you're worried they will take one of your many weapons? That probably won't hold up in a court of law in front of your peers. Good luck trying to convince a jury that carrying multiple pistols on you every day is a reasonable idea.

Again, just my opinion. What if your backup gun also fails? What if the backup to the backup fails? When do you draw the line? I would rather be somewhat comfortable then to have a pistol on my belt, a pistol strapped to my ankle, and a bunch of other weapons in my pockets or on my belt.
MinnesnowtaWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 20:40   #27
devildog24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA5 View Post

Anything mechanical can and will malfunction or break.
Dano
this is why I carry a bug. Usally a pair of Glocks.
Old 02-02-2012, 22:08   #28
SJ 40

My favorite BUG to my G22 is my other G 22. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43   #29
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesnowtaWild View Post
Not my cup of tea at all. On duty, yes I will have a back up gun. As a citizen with a concealed carry I see no reason to carry a back up gun. I would rather just carry an extra mag or two.
The reason would be the same reason you carry a BUG on duty unless it is just something they make you do.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17   #30
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Kind of comical for permit carry, but if you're legal and do it safely, why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGlock View Post
I have a buddy who carries a Glock 19 as his primary ccw weapon and (I can't remember the name of the other gun) a subcompact 9mm on his ankle on occasion, he doesn't do it all the time though.

I currently have only a Glock 23 Gen4 and am contemplating getting a Glock 27 Gen4 and wearing it on my ankle as well.

Does anyone else carry two guns? I've seen a lot of the veteran youtube gun community channels talk about this subject and it seems some people do in fact carry a backup.

What are you thoughts and opinions for carrying a backup ccw weapon? Depending on what state you live in, are you allowed legally to carry more than one weapon/handgun concealed? etc etc etc.
Old 02-03-2012, 13:00   #31
collim1
Shower Time!

I carry BUG on duty. Off-duty CCW I carry a reload, but no BUG.

A BUG is never a bad thing IMO. A G23 and G27 is a pretty stout loadout for CCW.

A jframe in a pocket and one on the ankle would be a good carry option.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 13:43   #32
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
Agreed! When I see posts like that, I can't help but laugh to myself. These people are either full of BS or belong to class of people we in LE refer to as "wanabes" or smackers. Hell I don't even know many cops that carry all that crap. In NJ, we don't have carry, so the closest equivalent would be all the volunteer Fire and EMS guys, that wear all the patches, carry belt packs full of tools and have hundreds of blue lights all over their cars. I carry one gun and sometimes an extra mag, that's it. I'm not going to war.
Old 02-03-2012, 14:07   #33
RoundBrown

Do i carry a bug no, I dont even carry extra ammo. Statistically speaking I wont fire more than three shots. With those three shots, hits or not the theat is either neutralized or suppressed either way ive given myself time to remove myself from the area.Police officers have the obligation of staying so it makes sense for them to have a BUG. I think to many people fantisize about being in long drawn out gun fights.
RoundBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:42   #34
drobs

Carry a G19 & a back up mag. Unless I know I'm going somewhere shady... St. Louis for example.

Maybe toss the AK or shotgun in the truck.
drobs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ankle, backup, ccw