Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2012, 14:15   #21
JimIsland

I had a Millenium Pro in 40 cal. tried for over a year to like it. It felt good in my hand and had a pretty good trigger but I couldn't hit a darn thing with it. Sold it....gone!!!
JimIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13   #22
MinnesnowtaWild

Here's my buddy shooting his PT145 that I referenced earlier.

And my lady friend shooting the same gun.

MinnesnowtaWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06   #23
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf608 View Post
If your comments dont actually pertain to the Millennium model keep it to your self please.
Ah, how about I don't. I feel Taurus products aren't very good. If you don't like that, please feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Thank you in advance.

If there are any further complaints about my post, please feel free to direct those complaints to the nearest wall. Thanks again.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:10   #24
PPinesRon

I have a PT-140 (.40) Millennium Pro, SS. I like it. About the same size as a 27, but slightly longer grip, which is good for me. The SS is good for here and it has one more round than the 27. A little more difficult to strip than the 27 and it has a safety, which some folks won't like. Overall, a good value. I've seen used ones go for really good prices if you shop around. Made in .32, 9mm, .40 & .45.
PPinesRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:10   #25
BobRicks

I bought a new PT145 MilPro at a gun show. Took it to the range, and couldn't even get 40 rounds through it before the frame pins started coming out. I pushed them back in, and in about 40 more rounds they were backing out again. I sold it and lost money on it. I then bought a PT111 MilPro that couldn't get through one mag without problems. You could pull the trigger and it may fire, or it may not fire. I am not talking about one round per mag, more like half of the mag, and with different ammo. Sent it back to Taurus, they replaced the entire upper half, and I fired 50 rounds through it with my friend watching, then sold it to him for what I paid for it, with him knowing about the problem and repair.

I don't trust Taurus products much any more. I guess I may buy a Taurus revolver, but after having problems with two semi-autos, I would pass on another Taurus semi-auto.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54   #26
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Ah, how about I don't. I feel Taurus products aren't very good. If you don't like that, please feel free to add me to your ignore list.

Thank you in advance.

If there are any further complaints about my post, please feel free to direct those complaints to the nearest wall. Thanks again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FcmlAZEAc
With all due respect, you never owned one so you are going by internet lore. I followed internet lore once an bought a Ruger MKIII, because it was "the best .22lr pistol ever made". What the internet fanboys fail to tell you is the the Ruger MKIII is not 100% with all ammo, the mag do not drop free, and reassembly requires a mallet, and a lot of time and energy.

After that I stopped listening to internet gun lore.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07   #27
CBennett

We just went back out YESTERDAY and shot my friends PT145 he got last summer..he says he has not shot a lot since the summer(the road to the range got wiped out in the floods down here last early fall) but he has around 550 rounds through it now..we made it a even 650 as we each put a box through it yesterday(was sunny and 60 in my neck of the woods in PA yesterday Feb 1 2012 ) no problems, no "pins falling out" lol , trigger is now quite a bit smoother than it was out of the box as I recall..and the grips are VERY nice(feels nice in your hand).. He has not had any problems since he broke it in.

I will say that when he was breaking it in it took about 1.5 boxes of practice ammo to get everything smoothed out...im not 100% positive early on if that was the cause of some misfeeds,stove pipes type jams or the fact he didnt clean it at all B4 bringing it to the range....because after a box with several failures when first shooting it..I asked if he had cleaned it...he looked at me and said ive never shot it till now it was new out of the box I didnt think I had to clean it....so we took it apart cleaned it all up then started again and its run 100% since then according to him...and has always run 100% when ive shot it or seen him shooting it(though he does have over 300+ rounds down the pipe out of my sight...but I take his word for it ) . Oh and BTW his girlfriend also likes it.
CBennett is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
millenium, pistol, taurus