Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2012, 00:04   #1
High Altitude

Manufacturers that cover shipping to fix broken firearms

I want to make a list of all the firearm manufacturers that will ABSOLUTELY cover shipping, inbound and back to you, to fix a firearm that you bought new, that doesn't work and is being fixed under warranty etc....

2 that I know for certain.........

S&W
Ruger

Manufactures that DO NOT..........

Glock
Para

Help me out guys, I really would like to make a list.

Last edited by High Altitude; 02-01-2012 at 00:11..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 00:13   #2
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

RRA. Personal experience.

A few years ago, when the hammer of my RRA AR15 broke in 2 pieces during dry firing, I called RRA. They ate the shipping cost and had my lower back in a week.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 00:16   #3
High Altitude

As people post I am going to be calling the manufacturers and checking websites to find out what the official policy is, to verify etc...

Another manufacturer, based on lots of forum posts that does pay shipping........

Springfield Armory

Last edited by High Altitude; 02-01-2012 at 00:19..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 00:24   #4
Victoriagotagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Another manufacturer, based on lots of forum posts that does pay shipping........

Springfield Armory
Yup, Springfield Armory does pay for shipping both ways.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 00:46   #5
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Sig , S&W and Kimber cover both ways.

Rimfire Club Member #702
Gregg702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:55   #6
atakawow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinGregg View Post
Sig , S&W and Kimber cover both ways.
Unpossible! But I heard from the interweb that those companies have BAD customer service!
atakawow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:54   #7
failsafe

North American Arms will pay shipping on defective pistols...Lifetime warranty as well..
Old 02-01-2012, 05:14   #8
Alcoy

In my experience:

Springfield cover shipping both ways on a gun I bought used.

Kimber on a gun I bought brand new; I paid to send it to them, and they paid to send the gun back to me.
Alcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:19   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
I want to make a list of all the firearm manufacturers that will ABSOLUTELY cover shipping, inbound and back to you, to fix a firearm that you bought new, that doesn't work and is being fixed under warranty etc....

2 that I know for certain.........

S&W
Ruger

Manufactures that DO NOT..........

Glock
Para

Help me out guys, I really would like to make a list.
I've never shipped a firearm back to the manufacturer and never would - I figure if you can't fix something as simple as a gun, you probably shouldn't buy it. Never had one with a major part fail when it shouldn't. However, my wife did have a Glock 17 with a frame that was recalled, so she sent it to Glock and, of course, they paid shipping both ways.

So I'd list Glock as one that will pay both ways.

However, if this forum is any example, most Glocks seem to be returned for defective owners, rather than defective workmanship, so I could see them not covering that.

Last edited by Bren; 02-01-2012 at 05:19..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:27   #10
BUG'S

Colt.
BUG'S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:08   #11
Myke_Hart
Handloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I've never shipped a firearm back to the manufacturer and never would - I figure if you can't fix something as simple as a gun, you probably shouldn't buy it. Never had one with a major part fail when it shouldn't. However, my wife did have a Glock 17 with a frame that was recalled, so she sent it to Glock and, of course, they paid shipping both ways.

So I'd list Glock as one that will pay both ways.

However, if this forum is any example, most Glocks seem to be returned for defective owners, rather than defective workmanship, so I could see them not covering that.
This is true but the reason you send back to the manufacture is that there is a lifetime warranty or within warranty, meaning any part that needs to be replaced is FREE and any work that needs to be done is FREE. Barring something the user messed up.

They also will upgrade your gun while they have it apart, ie replace parts that have caused other users problems. Recalled parts, newer version of the part. Something you would not know to do or could not get the parts for FREE.

Ex.
I had a gun sent back for failure to eject and it turned out to be a slide tolerance problem and not a extractor problem as I and several gunsmiths suspected. They replaced the slide. Cost $0.

Another time I sent a gun back for a broken trigger bar. The gun came back with a new frame, new slide, new barrel, upgraded internals, completely replaced the gun. But the gun had the exact same serial number as before! Cost $0

They did this because I had a gen1 gun and all these parts had been changed slightly over the years. If I had just fixed the part that was broken I would have paid the cost of the trigger bar and would have never known that the other parts were in need of being updated.

Add Diamondback to the list of will pay shipping both ways. I have done this twice.

Got Guns? Does she know about it?

Last edited by Myke_Hart; 02-01-2012 at 06:16..
Myke_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:24   #12
Bruce M

I have now had Sig Smith and Wesson and Ruger issue a paid shipping label. I would think they really should also send a box, tape, peanuts and some beer...
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:25   #13
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Ruger stiffed me. NIB gun was never right, cost me 2 round trips to the factory (no I didn't ask, they were very brusque on the phone). They never did fix the gun, finally made a deal with a gunsmith to be rid of it.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:12   #14
rvrctyrngr
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUG'S View Post
Colt.
They didn't pay my shipping to them...either time I had to send the same POS gun back to them. They offered to reimburse, but never did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
-Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes Brown v. United States, 1921
rvrctyrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15   #15
SixkillerEnterprises

Kahr paid all the shipping costs on a defective P380 that I used to have. I had to ask them to pay for it, but they did, and they even had UPS pick it up at my front door.
SixkillerEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:31   #16
zhix

I had to send in a p226 slide to Sig once, can't remember who paid but I got it back quickly. They also sent me a replacement for the cheapo holosight that came on 556's without sending in the old one or anything.

Kimber paid shipping both ways, fixed the gun quickly. Later while removing the grip panels the screw bushings came out with the screws. I called and got them to send me a new set of grip screws and bushings at their cost.

Colt sent me a new set of Delta Elite grips without having to send the other ones in, the rubber was torn around the screw holes.

Companies that sucked:

Para made me pay shipping, was very rude, rarely answered calls or voicemails, and possibly did not test fire my gun before sending it back. The ordeal took at least 4 months, and another month to get a check to recover my shipping costs

Stag Arms did cover shipping...all THREE times I had to send my gun back, which they returned everytime with the original problem not fixed, or with the wrong bolt carrier group or something else screwed up. They would not acknowledge screwing up, tried to blame the problems on magazines (which were the ones they supply, which I had to send in and didn't get back) and on occasion got an attitude on the phone.

Century Arms is currently refusing to pay for me to ship my canted gas block WASR because I bought it from a dealer who got it from a distributor, not directly from them. They will not even refund shipping costs if the problem with the gun is their fault (which it is).
zhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50   #17
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atakawow View Post
Unpossible! But I heard from the interweb that those companies have BAD customer service!
Kimber WILL pay to send the gun back, but their CS does SUCK!!!!

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:09   #18
Lampshade

Only ever had two problems with my firearms.

A Kahr and a Ruger, both had defects in the slide right out of the box

Both companies fixed each for free and paid shipping both ways.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54   #19
DMAR

Of all the guns I own, I've only had to send a gun back to two companies. I bought a new Colt 1911 that had a minor cosmetic issue that bothered me. Colt paid the shipping back to them, no questions asked.

The other was a new Kimber, Gold Combat II, Custom Shop gun that had bad FTF issues. Not what you'd expect from a pricey "Custom Shop" gun... When I called their Customer Service about it, they were not polite, and not very helpful. They told me to send it back, but I had to pay shipping to them; about $80.00. They ended up replacing the slide, and it works great now, but just not a good experience with Kimber.

This all being said, I have the one Kimber, and several Colt 1911s... Colt makes a great product, and I've always received good Customer Service from them.

Last edited by DMAR; 02-01-2012 at 08:56..
DMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 13:29   #20
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I've never shipped a firearm back to the manufacturer and never would - I figure if you can't fix something as simple as a gun, you probably shouldn't buy it.
That's not the point for me. For me it's "why should I pay for parts and my time to fix something that they will fix for free"? It's totally irrelevant whether or not I can fix it myself, the point is why should I?

If my $20,000 car breaks something and it's under warranty I'm not going to go to AutoZone and pay $500 for parts + my time to fix it myself. Same principle.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 02-01-2012 at 13:30..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote