Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2012, 21:24   #1
Brooklyn123456

Send a message via AIM to Brooklyn123456
One Shot stop 124+P 9mm (from N.Y Daily News)

An aspiring Queens rapper went on a crime spree that ended when he opened fire on an off-duty NYPD lieutenant — and the cop shot him dead early Thursday, police said.

Christopher Kissane, 22, was felled on a Brooklyn street by a shot fired from 76 feet away that hit him beneath the right eye, police said.

Kissane died later at Brookdale Hospital, leaving his neighbors on 68th Road in Middle Village to wonder what went wrong.

“He was going to release an album,” said a 15-year-old who declined to give her name. “He’s an amazing rapper.”

The NYPD did not identify the 41-year-old lieutenant who fired the fatal shot. He was not injured in the deadly incident, which remains under investigation.

The drama began at 2:45 a.m. when Kissane, dressed in a black hoodie and wearing a red bandana over the lower half of his face, tried to rob a 38-year-old woman at gunpoint on Myrtle Ave. in Ridgewood, Queens, cops said. She escaped.

Ten minutes later, Kissane tried again, this time targeting a 56-year-old woman who had stopped her car at a traffic light. When she saw him approach with gun drawn, she hit the gas and drove off, but not before Kissane fired a shot that hit the back of her vehicle, police said.

On his third try, Kissane succeeded in carjacking a man at gunpoint on 80th St. in Ridgewood and stealing his 2001 Chrysler minivan. The victim later told cops Kissane circled the block several times as if lost before heading off.

At 4:10 a.m., the lieutenant was driving to work when he spotted a burgundy minivan marooned on the traffic divider north of Cypress Hills St. and Jamaica Ave. in Brooklyn, police said.

Drawing closer, the officer saw a man wearing a ski mask and a red bandana walking away from the stranded van and began to follow him, police said.

As Kissane walked along on Jamaica Ave., the lieutenant called for backup and two officers from the 75th Precinct quickly appeared.

The arriving cops worked with hero Officer Peter Figoski, who was killed last month while responding to a robbery, sources said.

When Kissane realized he was being followed, he started running toward Hemlock St. and the officers quickly caught up to him — and told him to stop, police said.

“Raise your hands!” the officers shouted, witnesses said.

Instead, Kissane fired, police said. The lieutenant shot him before the suspect could fire a second round, cops said.

“I heard the cop say, ‘Put the gun down!’” said Maria Rodriguez, 59, who lives across the street from the scene of the shooting. “I didn’t hear him (the suspect) at all.”

Then, she said, “I heard two shots.”

“Me and my son went to the window after we heard the shots and we saw somebody pointing the gun — the police officer, I believe,” she said. “He was wearing dark clothes.”

Cops say Kissane was armed with an unregistered .22-caliber revolver — and that four bullets were still in the gun. A bag containing 15 additional rounds was recovered at the scene.

The incident was the third police-involved shooting in less than two months in Brooklyn’s tough 75th Precinct, which covers parts of Cypress Hills and East New York. The lieutenant is not assigned to the precinct.

Figoski was killed Dec. 12.

On Jan. 12, police shot and killed Duane Browne behind his East New York home. It was discovered later that he was packing heat to defend his half-brother, a suspected drug dealer who was being robbed at gunpoint.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz1kig0NvHM
Brooklyn123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:33   #2
ViennaGambit

76 foot head shot at night is quite a shot! I would have thought that 9mm at that distance would have bounced off...

Where did the 9mm detail come from? Didnt see it mentioned in the article.
Old 01-27-2012, 21:35   #3
Brooklyn123456

It's NYPD carry ammo
Old 01-27-2012, 21:41   #4
ViennaGambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn123456 View Post
It's NYPD carry ammo
I thought they made the switch to .40S&W?

I caught a lot of **** from a few of my cop friends for considering getting my first Glock in 9mm

Old 01-27-2012, 21:43   #5
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Cheekbone, sinus cavity, brain stem. Gun gamer light 9mm cast loads would have dropped him.
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:44   #6
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaGambit View Post
I thought they made the switch to .40S&W?

I caught a lot of **** from a few of my cop friends for considering getting my first Glock in 9mm

Shows how little they know.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:47   #7
Brooklyn123456

Gold Dot ammo 124+P
Old 01-27-2012, 21:47   #8
cowboy1964

It's pretty common knowledge among us ammo nerds that NYPD carries Glock 19's with 124+P Gold Dots. Does the job very well.

76 feet is still a very effective distance for a 9mm.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-27-2012 at 21:58..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:55   #9
Brooklyn123456

The shooting of Duane Browne on January 12th was also a one shot stop to the chest.

Police responding to the chaotic robbery of a suspected Brooklyn pot den fatally shot one of the residents after he refused to drop his pistol, cops said yesterday.

“Freeze! Freeze! Drop your weapon!” NYPD Officer Kevin Murtha shouted at Duane Browne, according to authorities.

Browne, 26, had raced outside with his .38-caliber revolver after seeing half-brother Dale Ogarro being held up by two masked, armed thugs at their East New York home Thursday night, authorities said.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Browne didn’t halt and failed to drop his unregistered gun, prompting Murtha to fire a single, fatal shot into his chest.

The shooting came exactly a month after Detective Peter Figoski, also of the 75th Precinct, was fatally shot amid a similarly confusing sequence of events involving a pot robbery.

After Browne was shot outside his home at 943 Schenck Ave., cops found five pounds of pot, a scale and $1,000 in cash in the second-floor apartment he shared with Ogarro, sources said. Both brothers have lengthy drug-arrest records, authorities said.
Old 01-27-2012, 21:55   #10
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaGambit View Post
76 foot head shot at night is quite a shot! I would have thought that 9mm at that distance would have bounced off...

Where did the 9mm detail come from? Didnt see it mentioned in the article.

A 45 wouldn't have made it at that distance
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:58   #11
Berto
woo woo

Doesn't sound like anything went 'wrong' to me.
I was in the house when the house burned down.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:59   #12
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post

A 45 wouldn't have made it at that distance
It would make it, it would just drop like 10 feet! And you'd see it coming in time to move out of the way.

(I'm KIDDING)
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:59   #13
Rustin

Does the N.Y.P.D carry the Gen 4's?
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 22:36   #14
unit1069

A lot of these wannabee music "talents" try to gain some street cred once they realize they ain't got no talent game to begin with.

I'm waiting for the obligatory, "He was such a good boy" excuses for the mainstream media to run with.
Old 01-27-2012, 23:38   #15
Cpl_Siggy

He's bustin' rhymes with Jesus now...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Cpl_Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:46   #16
chugokujin

no, the nypd does not carry gen 4s
chugokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:11   #17
firefighter4215

That sounds like quite a shot. Nice job by that LT.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
firefighter4215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:50   #18
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
An aspiring Queens rapper went on a crime spree that ended when he opened fire on an off-duty NYPD lieutenant — and the cop shot him dead early Thursday, police said.

Christopher Kissane, 22, was felled on a Brooklyn street by a shot fired from 76 feet away that hit him beneath the right eye, police said.

Kissane died later at Brookdale Hospital, leaving his neighbors on 68th Road in Middle Village to wonder what went wrong.

“He was going to release an album,” said a 15-year-old who declined to give her name. “He’s an amazing rapper.”
The NYPD did not identify the 41-year-old lieutenant who fired the fatal shot. He was not injured in the deadly incident, which remains under investigation.

The drama began at 2:45 a.m. when Kissane, dressed in a black hoodie and wearing a red bandana over the lower half of his face, tried to rob a 38-year-old woman at gunpoint on Myrtle Ave. in Ridgewood, Queens, cops said. She escaped.

Ten minutes later, Kissane tried again, this time targeting a 56-year-old woman who had stopped her car at a traffic light. When she saw him approach with gun drawn, she hit the gas and drove off, but not before Kissane fired a shot that hit the back of her vehicle, police said.

On his third try, Kissane succeeded in carjacking a man at gunpoint on 80th St. in Ridgewood and stealing his 2001 Chrysler minivan. The victim later told cops Kissane circled the block several times as if lost before heading off.

At 4:10 a.m., the lieutenant was driving to work when he spotted a burgundy minivan marooned on the traffic divider north of Cypress Hills St. and Jamaica Ave. in Brooklyn, police said.

Drawing closer, the officer saw a man wearing a ski mask and a red bandana walking away from the stranded van and began to follow him, police said.

As Kissane walked along on Jamaica Ave., the lieutenant called for backup and two officers from the 75th Precinct quickly appeared.

The arriving cops worked with hero Officer Peter Figoski, who was killed last month while responding to a robbery, sources said.

When Kissane realized he was being followed, he started running toward Hemlock St. and the officers quickly caught up to him — and told him to stop, police said.

“Raise your hands!” the officers shouted, witnesses said.

Instead, Kissane fired, police said. The lieutenant shot him before the suspect could fire a second round, cops said.

“I heard the cop say, ‘Put the gun down!’” said Maria Rodriguez, 59, who lives across the street from the scene of the shooting. “I didn’t hear him (the suspect) at all.”

Then, she said, “I heard two shots.”

“Me and my son went to the window after we heard the shots and we saw somebody pointing the gun — the police officer, I believe,” she said. “He was wearing dark clothes.”

Cops say Kissane was armed with an unregistered .22-caliber revolver — and that four bullets were still in the gun. A bag containing 15 additional rounds was recovered at the scene.

The incident was the third police-involved shooting in less than two months in Brooklyn’s tough 75th Precinct, which covers parts of Cypress Hills and East New York. The lieutenant is not assigned to the precinct.

Figoski was killed Dec. 12.

On Jan. 12, police shot and killed Duane Browne behind his East New York home. It was discovered later that he was packing heat to defend his half-brother, a suspected drug dealer who was being robbed at gunpoint.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz1kig0NvHM
I'm going to have to call B.S. on this, everyone knows there is no such thing as an "amazing rapper"
Old 01-28-2012, 08:13   #19
FatBoy

Quote:
It's NYPD carry ammo
So is 135+p .38 spec. I didn't see where it said 9mm. Off duty Lt. could easily be carry a J frame. Plus, a 25y head shot, doesn't mean he was aiming for the head. Bullets have to go somewhere.

I am glad everyone went to the appropriate place after the shooting. Good job Lt.

FB

Some people are like Slinkies: Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
FatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44   #20
fredj338

I guess I don't understand the point. I would expect a 22lr delivered to the head to be a one shot stop. We also all know it was more than likely a lucky shot aimed for the COM that went way high. A 25yd head shot at night is not impossible, but not likely either. No one would attempt such a shot on purpose & I am sure that is what he told the shooting review board.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
124 grain, 9mm, speer gold dot