SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:44   #1
YtownGlock
Rookie

Ohio CHL Q&A

I've had my CHL for about 7 months now and just recently started carrying my Glock 23 Gen4 with a Streamlight TLR-1s in a Safariland 5188 holster. I admit, it is difficult, but not impossible to conceal a compact glock with a weaponlight attached, but I was wondering if anyone else in Ohio conceal carries a Glock or other handgun with a weaponlight attached? If so, what kind of light do you have and what holster do you use?

In the Fall and Winter its not too difficult to conceal it, but when Spring and Summer hits, it feels like my only option would be to wear a 5.11 Tactical Vest to conceal it, but that outfit just screams LE/CHL. Opinions, inputs, thoughts?

I've heard the saying you don't need a flashlight during the day, but I recently went through a 582 hour Law Enforcement training course and my instructors said, just like most CHL/CCW holders say all the time, "It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." You might need to use a light even during the day.
YtownGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:40   #2
58duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGlock View Post
I've heard the saying you don't need a flashlight during the day, but I recently went through a 582 hour Law Enforcement training course and my instructors said, just like most CHL/CCW holders say all the time, "It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." You might need to use a light even during the day.
i will not dispute the above statement. i carry the G23 Gen 4 also, but without a light.

i made a custom belly band holster. it has no elastic, but it does have shoulder straps to hold it higher on my chest. the G23 is carried in nearly the same location as it would be in a 5.11 conceal shirt, but maybe a little more under my arm. i like it in that position.
i had to put straps on the belly band in order to keep it riding high. in my line of work, i'm moving quite a bit, and found the weight on the G23 would cause it to slide down.

the great thing is, anytime of year i can wear a button-down shirt to conceal this rig. in summer with polo shirts and t-shirts, i carry a Kel-Tec .380 in a wallet holster.
Old 01-11-2012, 18:37   #3
Islander1

I carry my Gen3 19 without a light. I have a flashlight in the drawer of my nightstand, and one in my car. If I'm out after dark, i'll have one in my pocket, Holsters that accomodate a frame mounted light limit your options to much for my liking.
Islander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05   #4
YtownGlock
Rookie

Actually, if you check out blade tech's website, they have an IWB holster that accommodates firearms with a light.
http://www.blade-tech.com/Weapon-Tac...WB-pr-895.html

My only question is, are the x200 and x300 one in the same? just the x300 is an improved and updated x200?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:38   #5
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Purchase a combo magazine/flashlight pouch. Carry the weapon IWB and have a light ready to go (Surefire 6P) on your non shooting side with a reload. With the light mounted on the weapon you are constantly waving a loaded gun around. If the light is separate you can use it much more with and without the pistol being drawn.

Last edited by seanmac45; 01-24-2012 at 07:39..
seanmac45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:45   #6
YtownGlock
Rookie

I carry either a Streamlight PolyTac LED or MagLite XL50 when i carry, even with the TLR-1s attached to my Glock.

Tags
concealable, glock, ohio, safariland, streamlight