Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34   #201
PATRICE
. . . . .

Last edited by PATRICE; 08-06-2010 at 21:40..
PATRICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:16   #202
grizman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATRICE View Post
Your disturbing the adults!
grizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:26   #203
Great Googly Moogly
Shiek Yerbouti

Good job.
I wish someone would try to carjack me while I have my 2 GSDs in the truck. There's nothing like the sound of grown man screaming.
Great Googly Moogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:57   #204
Misty02

I learned a lot in this thread and others like it. Sharing your experiences can be good learning tools for the rest of us. Thank you!

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 16:53   #205
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

I wonder if this dude will ever realize how close he came to appearing on True ER Stories as the next gunshot brought in Don't F with the Kitty, good job
Old 10-21-2010, 21:12   #206
dan1902

you did much better hen most would have done..well done.
and who cares if he really was going to carjack you..if thats the feeling you were getting from him the obviously you mind was warning you somthing wasnt right and you just can take chances
dan1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 14:39   #207
Grantspastor

I would say that the fact he took off when he found out the police had been called tells everything one needs to know about his intentions.

Last edited by Grantspastor; 02-08-2011 at 14:41..
Grantspastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:55   #208
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
... He says that I need to get out and look at the car, that he has really messed up the rear end. I tell him later. He insists I look right then since I "have got to fix it right now". I tell him that I don't exactly have a body shop with me nor can I fix it, so I am not concerned until I get an estimate about that since I know insurance will cover it.

Am I jumping to conclusions? Do you all think that he was going to carjack me?
I've read all your posts in this thread, and have not seen a particular piece of information that would really "objectively" assess his intentions. That is, after you got home to look at it, and later had a repair person look at it, exactly how messed up was the back of your car?

If it was just a small dent, and given that you probably remembered the spirit of his consversation to you pretty well, then that would be some solid evidence that he was trying to trick you. What I mean is, lack of much damage would be evidence to confirm that he wasn't telling you the truth. From that conclusion, we can all speculate his probable true intentions (car jacking, abduction, etc).

So, how bad was the back of your car?

Let me clarify what I'm getting at. Your OP seems to almost doubt yourself, almost unsure if you can verify the guy's bad intentions. Well, since he was making such a big deal of the damage to the back of your car, and that you had to get out right now to fix it or look at it, was there in fact such extensive damage? If there was not, then clearly, absolutely, beyond a shadow of doubt, the guy was full of it and likely up to no good.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 02-17-2011 at 11:00..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 14:24   #209
kyletx1911a1

ya did good
kyletx1911a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 22:57   #210
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
I've read all your posts in this thread, and have not seen a particular piece of information that would really "objectively" assess his intentions. That is, after you got home to look at it, and later had a repair person look at it, exactly how messed up was the back of your car?

If it was just a small dent, and given that you probably remembered the spirit of his consversation to you pretty well, then that would be some solid evidence that he was trying to trick you. What I mean is, lack of much damage would be evidence to confirm that he wasn't telling you the truth. From that conclusion, we can all speculate his probable true intentions (car jacking, abduction, etc).

So, how bad was the back of your car?

Let me clarify what I'm getting at. Your OP seems to almost doubt yourself, almost unsure if you can verify the guy's bad intentions. Well, since he was making such a big deal of the damage to the back of your car, and that you had to get out right now to fix it or look at it, was there in fact such extensive damage? If there was not, then clearly, absolutely, beyond a shadow of doubt, the guy was full of it and likely up to no good.
There was very little damage. Where the dirt laid on the paint, it was rubbed and made some light scratches. You could barely see them although you can feel them. It was light enough that I didn't bother having them buffed out and the car was only a few months old at the time. They were so light that I had to point them out to the responding officer because he didn't see them knowing that he was looking for damages to go on his report.
Old 02-24-2011, 18:50   #211
jack76590

Any thoughts on where the second guy on the other end of the telephone line was located and how he planned to get involved?
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 19:33   #212
MrsKitty

Not a clue.
Old 02-24-2011, 20:53   #213
jack76590

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
Not a clue.
It is possible that the second guy was needed to drive the car behind you. My guess is the guy you saw planned to take you and your car. The guy on the other end of the line was hiding in the car that struck you ready to drive away, once the first guy forced his way into your car.

To me this would support the idea of a potential kidnapping. Leaving one car in the street would result in the police going to investigate, clear up the traffic jam.

Naturally, if they planned on leaving you in the street, they could figure on you calling the police.

I think they may have planned to get away with you and both vehicle (ditching one of the vehicles along the way). This they hoped would buy them time and the police would not be alerted until your friends, relatives, etc reported you missing.

You did good and may have saved your life.

Last edited by jack76590; 02-24-2011 at 21:02..
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 13:43   #214
SpitFyRRe
Bang Bang

I had almost the same thing happen to me last fall which prompted me to immediately get my butt in gear and get my permit.

I drive a 2009 Subaru WRX Sedan. It's red and before I got the windows tinted, I received a lot of unwanted attention because I'm a female and I drive a performance car. I was on my way home, in the left turn lane, and there is a white, 4 door Mazda Speed 3 in front of me with three passengers in it. As the light turned green, they started to go then immediately slammed on their brakes, I can only assume, in an attempt to get me to rear end them as there was nothing in front of them and they had been staring at my car the entire length of the red light. Fortunately, I have good brakes and there was no one in the lane next to me so I proceeded to start to go around them.

Apparently they weren't okay with that and started to go as well and got in the middle of the two lanes so I couldn't get around them. I backed off and they went into the right lane. At this point, I assumed they wanted a race (I didn't) so I continued to drive normally. Once I had a gap, I decided I was going to try to pass them again because I didn't want to be next to them or behind them because they were being very unpredictable and that hinkey feeling was starting to creep up on me. This was also apparently the wrong move as they proceeded to speed up and cut me off.

They blocked both lanes again and decided to stop in the middle of the road. At that point, the hinkey feeling I had earlier had now turned into a state of panic as the three men opened their doors and proceeded to exit the vehicle and start walking towards me in my vehicle. As soon as I saw the big guy in the back open his door, I immediately put the car in reverse, backed up, put it in first and they had left me just enough room to get around them so I got the heck out of Dodge. They rushed back into their car and started to follow me.

I was about 4 minutes from home and I called my boyfriend and told him to get his gun and meet me in the driveway and told him what happened. I didn't want to drive straight home and let them know where I lived, so I went a back way and ended up losing them. The entire time this was happening, I was cursing myself for not having my CCW and my gun in the car. I got my permit the first week of December and every time I'm driving the car, my gun is with me.

It's possible that I misinterpreted what happened in that scenario and they were just trying to race but the second they stopped and I saw those doors open, I was absolutely terrified.
Old 04-15-2011, 13:52   #215
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

You didn't misinterpret anything.

You did handle it well, glad you got away OK.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 16:03   #216
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Wife View Post
Ragner has the right idea on this. If a situation ever escalates to the point that you feel in fear for your life or the lives of the innocents in your care, there shouldn't be time for the attacker to run away. Draw and fire should be a continuous movement. Once a would-be attacker has the time to identify a weapon and make a choice about what to do about it, he's also had the time to take it away from you.

The commitment to draw should also be the commitment to fire. If it isn't, it's time to consider more training and perhaps reconsider your intent in carrying a firearm.
I understand what your saying, BUT. . . In both situations that I was in (Street robbery, Motel room invasion), displaying or brandishing or whatever you want to call it, caused the BGs (multiple assailants each time) to instantly cease their behavior and run away as fast as they could.

So while I didn't help "clean the gene pool", I also didn't have to: be handcuffed; interviewed by 300 cops; spend a fortune for an attorney; put my life on hold for 3 months until a DA or Grand Jury cleared me; lose sleep because I had killed someone.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 18:53   #217
agtman
10mm Spartiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
I understand what your saying, BUT. . . In both situations that I was in (Street robbery, Motel room invasion), displaying or brandishing or whatever you want to call it, caused the BGs (multiple assailants each time) to instantly cease their behavior and run away as fast as they could.

So while I didn't help "clean the gene pool", I also didn't have to: be handcuffed; interviewed by 300 cops; spend a fortune for an attorney; put my life on hold for 3 months until a DA or Grand Jury cleared me; lose sleep because I had killed someone.
Which proves that a little restraint in accomplishing the immediate goal (detering the threat with your own threat of lethal force and surviving) goes a long way, ... and is often hassle-free to boot.

agtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 21:58   #218
Dexter88

Wow, thanks for sharing, there are some crazy stories here. I am a strong believer in following your intuition and think you absolutely made the right decision.
Dexter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31   #219
tactical556

Excellent work! You did everything right in my book. Kept a cool head (hard to do under stress like that), you made intelligent decisions, you moved to your gun very fast, were apparently very aware of your surroundings and you kept talking to the guy buying yourself and the police more time. I am glad it all worked out well for you.

Good guys 1, scumbags 0.
tactical556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:23   #220
Vietboy1st

wow this is an interesting story. I believe the guy was trying to kidnap you but maybe he is a rookie. lol Did you get to write down his license plate ?
Thank you
Vietboy1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 14:23   #221
BonnieB
(Thinking....)

I was debating whether I really needed a CCL. Due to this thread, I have no further doubts.

I am applying this week. It'll take a while, but I'm applying.

Well done! to the OP and all the others who contributed.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:55   #222
BonnieB
(Thinking....)

Everybody reviewed this thread lately? If not, please do. Carjacks are still happening and jackers see women as especially vulnerable.

This thread is the main reason I'm going for my CCW.
Old 09-07-2012, 13:06   #223
The Fist Of Goodness

I came to this thread late, and haven't read every post, so if this has already been mentioned, I apologize.

There was a serial killer in Philadelphia in the late 90's who would use the accident ruse to abduct his victims. He would use a honda civic that belonged to his first victim (who went missing). He kept it in a garage and only took it out when he was looking for victims. He has several unsuccessful attempts where the girl refused to pull over. (One of them was my girlfriend at the time, who was able to get a partial plate before he ran).

His name was Arthur Bomar. He was eventually caught after his fat ass got stuck while he was trying to climb through a window of a girl he was stalking.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 09-07-2012, 13:13   #224
Skeet732
NRA Life Member

Just found this thread, didn't think about an "accidental" rear-end collision being used as a ruse to steel a car. Thanks, I'll have a talk with my wife tonight.
Skeet732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46   #225
BonnieB
(Thinking....)

Helooooo ! Anyone out there? <<< crickets >>>

Did all the women go on vacation?

B