GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30   #101
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
The same factual evidence that shows there is no inflation.

Actually, SAAMI keeps track of the guns sold, ammo sold, and reloading dies sold by caliber. I don't know to get that info since most SAAMI stuff is members only.
Well thats not evidence. Unless you find a member willing to testify, so to speak.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:38   #102
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Yet there are those of us, that want to purchase them, yet never can because of not enough being produced. I guess it is, "your opinion" that is the accurate one in this thread.
Let me say it another way, supply and demand.

There is little overall demand in the shooting world for 10mm weapons. (And so far no factual evidence to the contrary)

Among the small, solid and fanatical supporters of the 10mm demand is much higher. (thats always been clear on internet message boards)

Gunmakers will only make enough product to be profitable, that number is likely not enough to satisfy those who want every platform ever developed to be made in their pet caliber.

Just not enough 10mm demand and even if it is on the rise, WiskyT may have hit it that the growth is still quite minimal in the overall gunworld so as to be not enough to change the minds of those gunmakers who have passed and continue to pass on new 10mm offerings.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:47   #103
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
Well when I say 10mm fans remember there are so few of you overall. And only a very few will add {A} 10mm to the stable. If there were more of you then 10mm's would be made by more gunmakers than the current offerings available. Facts are stubborn things.

This seems to say it best,
You claim facts, as stubborn! The only thing you are giving is opinions, and they are even more stubborn. Your first sentence is pure opinion! How many 10MM fans are there? You don't know, so obviously, just your opinion, right?

Your second sentence. "And only a very few will add {A} 10mm to the stable". If the M&P would add a 10 to their lineup, would it sell? How about one in the CZ, or XD line, would they sell. If you think for a second, that 10MM fans wouldn't buy them, you are mistaken. Of course, you made that statement already, that they wouldn't.

Then your last statement, which is completely mistaken. " If there were more of you, then, 10mm's would be made by more gun makers than the current offerings available". What I think you aren't giving a thought to, is the fact that because of the gun makers manufacturing practices, Ruger for example, could not manufacture a 10MM even on their P-Series line of firearm. So obviously, it's not going to happen with their SR-Series. Not to mention, H&K, Sig, Walther, etc, etc, going polymer, and, whatever other changes to cheapen, speed up, their manufacturing process, doubt that even if they wanted to, could come out with a 10MM.

Lastly, since when did you think they manufacture what we want? Rugers Buckeye Special, a < $600 firearm, going for close to a grand, used, when can be found. Ruger could easily reintroduce that firearm! Would they sell? From what you have stated, I'm sure you'll think not, but once again, I'll have to disagree. Just like the Colt Delta Elite, they won't even make it to shops cases, and they will be gone!
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:49   #104
crsuribe
10mm Auto
 
crsuribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: OH
Posts: 1,732
There's a rumor going around on the Internet (especially YouTube) that if you don't like the 10mm then you're gay.

Now I don't know what the science behind this statement is or what tests have been performed or how exactly they reached this conclusion but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUNhV...eature=mh_lolz

By the way, a big DARN YOU to the people who posted that super hot Delta Elite porn. Now I feel like I'm 13years old all over again and my palms are all hairy.

Definitely a goal for this year to get myself a Delta Elite. /moan
__________________
R.I.P William Michael Willard from Swamp Fox Gun Works
R.I.P Chris Kyle -
What a damn shame you're gone!!

*I love USA*

Last edited by crsuribe; 01-01-2012 at 12:52..
crsuribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 13:08   #105
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
You claim facts, as stubborn! The only thing you are giving is opinions, and they are even more stubborn. Your first sentence is pure opinion! How many 10MM fans are there? You don't know, so obviously, just your opinion, right?

Your second sentence. "And only a very few will add {A} 10mm to the stable". If the M&P would add a 10 to their lineup, would it sell? How about one in the CZ, or XD line, would they sell. If you think for a second, that 10MM fans wouldn't buy them, you are mistaken. Of course, you made that statement already, that they wouldn't.

Then your last statement, which is completely mistaken. " If there were more of you, then, 10mm's would be made by more gun makers than the current offerings available". What I think you aren't giving a thought to, is the fact that because of the gun makers manufacturing practices, Ruger for example, could not manufacture a 10MM even on their P-Series line of firearm. So obviously, it's not going to happen with their SR-Series. Not to mention, H&K, Sig, Walther, etc, etc, going polymer, and, whatever other changes to cheapen, speed up, their manufacturing process, doubt that even if they wanted to, could come out with a 10MM.

Lastly, since when did you think they manufacture what we want? Rugers Buckeye Special, a < $600 firearm, going for close to a grand, used, when can be found. Ruger could easily reintroduce that firearm! Would they sell? From what you have stated, I'm sure you'll think not, but once again, I'll have to disagree. Just like the Colt Delta Elite, they won't even make it to shops cases, and they will be gone!
Easy big buy, don't get all excited. The 10mm doesn't sell. That's it and gunmakers know it.

Quote:
Ruger for example, could not manufacture a 10MM even on their P-Series line of firearm.
Why?

Quote:
So obviously, it's not going to happen with their SR-Series.
Why?

Quote:
H&K, Sig, Walther, etc, etc, going polymer, and, whatever other changes to cheapen, speed up, their manufacturing process, doubt that even if they wanted to, could come out with a 10MM.
Why? Glock came out with a Polymer 10mm why couldn't these others. Heck so did EAA offer a polymer Witness.

So now they don't offer it because they can't
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 13:20   #106
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsuribe View Post
There's a rumor going around on the Internet (especially YouTube) that if you don't like the 10mm then you're gay.

Now I don't know what the science behind this statement is or what tests have been performed or how exactly they reached this conclusion but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUNhV...eature=mh_lolz

By the way, a big DARN YOU to the people who posted that super hot Delta Elite porn. Now I feel like I'm 13years old all over again and my palms are all hairy.

Definitely a goal for this year to get myself a Delta Elite. /moan
Well beyond the gay "statement" he paints the typical picture of what 10mm fanatics want and believe but not everyone believe those views. He simply needs to be greatful Glock stuck with the gun and the round, without it the 10mm would have really been over.

Also what is his idea that if Sig came out with a gun that would start the ball rolling? Glock one of the biggest seller of handguns has had a 10mm for years and never given up on it and yet that has not moved the 10mm market to add more modern designs.

Last edited by legion3; 01-01-2012 at 13:28..
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 14:01   #107
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
Easy big buy, don't get all excited. The 10mm doesn't sell. That's it and gunmakers know it.



Why?



Why?



Why? Glock came out with a Polymer 10mm why couldn't these others. Heck so did EAA offer a polymer Witness.

So now they don't offer it because they can't
Call Ruger, and ask why no 10MM was ever offered in their P-Series, I did years ago. Their answer will give you insight to your other questions about the other manufactures. Or you can just go on assuming, and stick with your opinions. I know they are stubborn.

Like I asked, if M&P, XD, Ruger Blackhawk, etc, etc, were made available, in 10MM, would they sell? I'm guessing you'd say no. I'd disagree. Like I said before, they wouldn't even make it to the shelves, just like the Colt DE, because there is no demand, right!
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 14:15   #108
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Call Ruger, and ask why no 10MM was ever offered in their P-Series, I did years ago. Their answer will give you insight to your other questions about the other manufactures. Or you can just go on assuming, and stick with your opinions. I know they are stubborn.

Like I asked, if M&P, XD, Ruger Blackhawk, etc, etc, were made available, in 10MM, would they sell? I'm guessing you'd say no. I'd disagree. Like I said before, they wouldn't even make it to the shelves, just like the Colt DE, because there is no demand, right!
So you don't have any answers?

Why should I call Ruger? Why can't you answer why its not possible or they choose not to?

If none of the other makers can make a 10mm polymer, as you suggest, how could S&W do it with the M&P or HS Produkt do it with the XD?

Very confusing


How many DE's did Colt make in 2011?

Answer that then we will know if the demand is really high or simply very few pistols available.

And yes a new 10mm pistol would sell but not in numbers to make the initial investment worth it. Hence no new 10mm pistols in any modern designs.

Otherwise they would make it, unless they can't as you suggest.

So bottom line is there is demand but yet no one seems to understand that at a money making level in any of the major handgun makers.

Not a good way to run a business. Usually you give the market what they want, or perhaps, they are.

Last edited by legion3; 01-01-2012 at 14:16..
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 15:01   #109
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
So you don't have any answers?

I have already told you I have!



Why should I call Ruger?


Because than you would get it from their mouth, and not from mine!


Why can't you answer why its not possible or they choose not to?


Simple, by me giving you the answer I got, would enable you to claim,

"Well thats not evidence." as you did to WiskyT's post! Find out for yourself, so there is no speculation of rumor!


If none of the other makers can make a 10mm polymer, as you suggest, how could S&W do it with the M&P or HS Produkt do it with the XD?

Very confusing

It's as confusing for me. One has to ask, why the other firearms manufactures would let Glock have the entire 10MM market. And before you ask, no, I don't know how many 20/29's are sold annually, but obviously, it's enough because Glock keeps them in production.


How many DE's did Colt make in 2011?

Don't know! You tell me! One thing I'm positive of though, whatever the number, they are all gone!!!!!!!

Answer that then we will know if the demand is really high or simply very few pistols available.

And yes a new 10mm pistol would sell but not in numbers to make the initial investment worth it. Hence no new 10mm pistols in any modern designs.

Otherwise they would make it, unless they can't as you suggest.

So bottom line is there is demand but yet no one seems to understand that at a money making level in any of the major handgun makers.

Not a good way to run a business. Usually you give the market what they want, or perhaps, they are.
To all your other questions. Whatever, just go on with your opinions, because that's all they are.
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 15:33   #110
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
To all your other questions. Whatever, just go on with your opinions, because that's all they are.


Thats it? No answers.


Let me know when a new 10mm pistol is on the market will ya
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 15:53   #111
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post


Thats it? No answers.
Man, opinions, are even more stubborn, than I even thought!

As far as letting you know when another 10MM is available, you'd be way, way, down on the list. I know about a dozen, personally, who are anxiously, awaiting it's arrival!
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 16:02   #112
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 34,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFish View Post
I want a Ruger GP100 & SP101 in 10mm.
I wouldn't carry a Ruger revolver if it was free, but I'd like to have a S&W 610 if I ever found one at the right price. My only current 10mm is a Colt Delta Elite.

I probably should have advertised on here when I let my S&W 1076 with Kentucky State POlice shoulder patch etched on the slide go for under $500 a while back.
__________________
"Liberal" is when you hire others to use a guns to protect you, so you can pretend guns aren't necessary.

Last edited by Bren; 01-01-2012 at 16:04..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 16:21   #113
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Man, opinions, are even more stubborn, than I even thought!

As far as letting you know when another 10MM is available, you'd be way, way, down on the list. I know about a dozen, personally, who are anxiously, awaiting it's arrival!
Apparently others opinions are also stubborn.

Hope that dozen isn't holding their breath. So you know every 10mm fan in your state I see.

But lets let you have the last word and smile.

Quote:
opinions

Last edited by legion3; 01-01-2012 at 16:22..
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 16:42   #114
GlockFish
Floyd
 
GlockFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I wouldn't carry a Ruger revolver if it was free.
And why is that?
__________________
Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list.
GlockFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 16:50   #115
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,755
The reason there are no new 10mm's being offered is because the formula for the steel they must be made out of was never written down. Only two people knew it, and each only had half of the formula. One of them has died, and with it, the prospects of ever seeing a new 10mm.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 17:09   #116
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!
 
Jason D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Mivonks, MI
Posts: 41,871
Meh.

The 10mm has been around for decades.
On the rise it is not. Holding steady is more likely.

I doubt there will be a large manufacturer making any of them.
The ones that make them now, will continue. The ones that have had them in the past might pop out a few now and again.
__________________
An enlightened zeal for the energy and efficiency of government will be stigmatized as the offspring of a temper fond of despotic power and hostile to the principles of liberty.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 18:25   #117
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 34,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFish View Post
And why is that?
Poor quality, disguised by unnecessary weight that makes it feel like it's built solid. They break a lot more than S&W. I rate them equal or a hair above Taurus. I've actually been required to use them in training - never made it through a week with a Ruger revolver or Mini-14 that it didn't have to be replaced with a working one.

Back in the days when we ALL carried revolvers and Ruger had just started making the GP 100 I remember how we all ridiculed the only guy I ever met who carried a Ruger. I think he finally traded it off just so we'd stop making fun of him. He wasn't one of the "gun guys" in the department.
__________________
"Liberal" is when you hire others to use a guns to protect you, so you can pretend guns aren't necessary.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 18:28   #118
repo4sale
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 218
Send a message via AIM to repo4sale Send a message via Yahoo to repo4sale Send a message via Skype™ to repo4sale
Can i get a drop in 10mm barrel for my glock21 & just put in a 10mm mag?
Or is it too hot of a load for my glock21???
repo4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 18:29   #119
carbuncle
is not cool.
 
carbuncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,891
Who has a Witness 10mm? Good or crap?
__________________
carbuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 18:31   #120
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Poor quality, disguised by unnecessary weight that makes it feel like it's built solid. They break a lot more than S&W. I rate them equal or a hair above Taurus. I've actually been required to use them in training - never made it through a week with a Ruger revolver or Mini-14 that it didn't have to be replaced with a working one.

Back in the days when we ALL carried revolvers and Ruger had just started making the GP 100 I remember how we all ridiculed the only guy I ever met who carried a Ruger. I think he finally traded it off just so we'd stop making fun of him. He wasn't one of the "gun guys" in the department.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
10mm, sp101
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 875
241 Members
634 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42