Old 12-31-2011, 17:08   #81
deadite
Groovy.

Just bought these two beauties this year:

Custom Colt Delta Elite by Marianne Carniak
General Firearms Forum

Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm
General Firearms Forum

For me, the popularity of the 10mm is on the rise.

deadite
Old 12-31-2011, 19:16   #82
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderinwalker View Post

4) According to the Internet anybody who walks into the great wilderness without at least a 10mm or .44 Magnum handgun is begging to get eaten and accosted. If you don't have a pistol capable of driving a hardcast slug through a Zombie Grizzly end-to-end, you're just not thinking clearly. And if you're West of the Mississippi in real animal country? Better get a real gun and leave those 10mms and .44s at home!

There, I feel better now!
I saw a documentary on whale hunting and the Eskimos had rifles to protect themselves from polar bears. They all had Mini-14's.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 19:17   #83
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

General Firearms Forum
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 19:18   #84
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
General Firearms Forum
I dig those grips, man!

deadite
Old 12-31-2011, 19:33   #85
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Thanks,....credit must go to Larry Davidson.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 19:48   #86
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
General Firearms Forum
Awesome!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 19:52   #87
glock2740
Gun lover.

I'm a big 10mm fan. I have the G20 and G29 and am really surprised that I don't have a 1911 in 10mm...yet.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 20:07   #88
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderinwalker View Post
I wanted to chime in on this yesterday but got sidetracked. Anyway...

I would suggest that the number of threads and discussions on the Internet on enthusiast boards is not a fair indicator of how popular an item actually is. Examples:

1) According to the Internet the best long-range target rifles are .300 Magnums, 7mm Magnums and really big honkin' rifles (.338 Lapua anybody?). Yet when I go to a 600 yard match, I see lots of .308s, 6mmXC, 6.5x308s, and .223s, maybe a .284 and rarely a .300 of any sort.

2) According to the Internet rifle-crank fan base, the .260 Remington is the perfect low-recoil deer rifle. Yet there is a Model 7 so chambered at one my LGS's that I'm pretty sure has sat on the used rack for a year or more now, unloved.

3) According to the Internet the 10mm Auto is on the rise. Yet I've never seen one being used at the local pistol range, seen maybe 2-3 total ever for sale at the LGS's and rarely find spent 10mm cases at the range. The last ones I spotted were aluminum CCI Blazers, and I suspect it's one person who is a regular, not multiple shooters.

4) According to the Internet anybody who walks into the great wilderness without at least a 10mm or .44 Magnum handgun is begging to get eaten and accosted. If you don't have a pistol capable of driving a hardcast slug through a Zombie Grizzly end-to-end, you're just not thinking clearly. And if you're West of the Mississippi in real animal country? Better get a real gun and leave those 10mms and .44s at home!

There, I feel better now!

Yeah but number 4 is true though. I read it in caliber corner.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 20:25   #89
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFish View Post
I want a Ruger GP100 & SP101 in 10mm.
I asked about the SP when I had my GP100 done and he said it wasn't possible, just not enough there to work with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 20:34   #90
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I purchased a used G20 here a while back and hadn't had a chance to shoot it yet. So I went with a fellow glocktalker to a shoot in Beckley WV last night to shoot it for the first time. shot a 480 out of 500. Not bad for the first time around.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:40   #91
GFlory

I checked out the new Colt Delta Elite on Colt's website Friday. They sent me to my local gun store. I headed over to the gun store to buy one, but they told me they have been unable to get them in. I wonder what this means? Can't Colt keep up with demand? Is their run so limited that they are all sold out already?
GFlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:49   #92
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFlory View Post
I checked out the new Colt Delta Elite on Colt's website Friday. They sent me to my local gun store. I headed over to the gun store to buy one, but they told me they have been unable to get them in. I wonder what this means? Can't Colt keep up with demand? Is their run so limited that they are all sold out already?
It means Colt, who is trying to get their act togeather from a commercial standpoint, hasn't gotten there yet.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:09   #93
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFlory View Post
Its probably a little of both. 10mm fans will gobble up almost any 10mm that pops up, a few non 10mm shooters may want a DE for the history of the gun and finally its unlikely Colt produces them on a constant basis and if they do its probably only the amount they need to be profitable. The gun is probably a limited run gun likely.

No matter what 10mm supporters want to believe or hope for, 10mm guns just don't sell well, not in large or even moderate scale numbers.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:48   #94
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
No matter what 10mm supporters want to believe or hope for, 10mm guns just don't sell well, not in large or even moderate scale numbers.
What it boils down to is that, while the 10mm chambering may not be one of the most popular, it should be.

deadite
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58   #95
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Its probably a little of both. 10mm fans will gobble up almost any 10mm that pops up, a few non 10mm shooters may want a DE for the history of the gun and finally its unlikely Colt produces them on a constant basis and if they do its probably only the amount they need to be profitable. The gun is probably a limited run gun likely.

So, let me get this straight, "Its probably a little of both. 10mm fans, will gobble up almost any 10mm that pops up, a few non 10mm shooters may want a DE for the history of the gun"! Then your opinion, " No matter what, 10mm supporters, want to believe, or hope for, 10mm guns just don't sell well, not in large or even moderate scale numbers". Yet there are those of us, that want to purchase them, yet never can because of not enough being produced. I guess it is, "your opinion" that is the accurate one in this thread.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:03   #96
IndianaMatt

I love my G20 and I've carried it before when camping in bear country. I'd love to see the 10mm on the rise- ammo is currently too expensive for me to get out and practice much with my G20.
IndianaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:16   #97
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
What it boils down to is that, while the 10mm chambering may not be one of the most popular, it should be.

deadite
It's a good round. I'd be just as happy with it as I am with 40SW. Now if someone wants to drop off several 5 gal buckets of 10mm brass and ensure that I will always find more lying around my club, I could buy some large pistol primers and adjust my dies. They'd have to wave a magic wand over my 40SW guns at this point to make them 10mm as well.

If the 40SW never happened, and the 10mm took off like it could/should have, there would be a lot more of us shooting 10mm.

As for the the 10mm "being on the rise", I guess it's just like the conomy getting better. Maybe it is, but 1.5% GPD and 9% unemployment isn't exactly a recovery.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:17   #98
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
So, let me get this straight, "Its probably a little of both. 10mm fans, will gobble up almost any 10mm that pops up, a few non 10mm shooters may want a DE for the history of the gun"! Then your opinion, " No matter what, 10mm supporters, want to believe, or hope for, 10mm guns just don't sell well, not in large or even moderate scale numbers". Yet there are those of us, that want to purchase them, yet never can because of not enough being produced. I guess it is, "your opinion" that is the accurate one in this thread.
Well when I say 10mm fans remember there are so few of you overall. And only a very few will add {A} 10mm to the stable. If there were more of you then 10mm's would be made by more gunmakers than the current offerings available. Facts are stubborn things.

This seems to say it best,

Quote:
If there are 10 people who want the round there are another 50,000 who don't give a rip. Companies have tried it, lost, and tossed the idea.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:23   #99
legion3

What factual evidence shows the 10mm on the rise?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:26   #100
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
What factual evidence shows the 10mm on the rise?
The same factual evidence that shows there is no inflation.

Actually, SAAMI keeps track of the guns sold, ammo sold, and reloading dies sold by caliber. I don't know to get that info since most SAAMI stuff is members only.

Tags
10mm, sp101