Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups


Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 19:09   #1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 23
VA Class III Help

I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered, if someone could point me in the direction of the answer I would be grateful.

I believe I understand the process of obtaining a Class III license, stamp, whatever you choose to call it. I just want to make sure I'm correct in what I'm looking at. I live in VA and I'm interested in purchasing an AR variant with a shortened barrel and select-fire operation.

To begin with I understand it's possible to purchase an "SBR" but is it possible to purchase an SBR with select fire capability as a civilian? Would one tax stamp cover the weapon or are you required to essentially buy two stamps (one for the shortened weapon, one for the select fire operation)

Sorry for the basic questions and thanks in advance for any help.
cumminsram96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 19:29   #2
Zak Smith
Zak Smith's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA
Posts: 673
You'd have to get a pre-86 registered machinegun.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56.

GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups

Users Currently Online: 1,026
336 Members
690 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42