SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:36   #61
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
SW just released the M610 again. Safety lock and all.
A single model revolver that is simply a reintroduction is not much of a step.

Also they did not offer the 610 in all barrel lenghts and is it not a limited run gun?

That however, is a far cry from an M&P in 10mm .
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38   #62
professorj

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
A 1911 mfg will make a limited run at some point in the future. I don't see any evidence of more interest in 10mm now than there was 5 or 10 years ago.
Auto ordnance made a 10mm 1911 and Thompson did also.

Don't Tread On Me
professorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:46   #63
yellolab

As this thread needs a pic, here are my 3 10mm's.

Kevin

Last edited by yellolab; 03-06-2012 at 15:20..
yellolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59   #64
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
A single model revolver that is simply a reintroduction is not much of a step.

Also they did not offer the 610 in all barrel lenghts and is it not a limited run gun?

That however, is a far cry from an M&P in 10mm .
One step at a time.
Old 12-30-2011, 13:00   #65
CDW4ME

I've done my little part in the recent rise, bought a 29 SF and have shot 300 rounds through it, details & picture posted here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1391034

Old 12-30-2011, 13:17   #66
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
One step at a time.
Well that last step will be a doozy! And will likely be down the road more traveled not less.
Old 12-30-2011, 17:28   #67
legion3

A poster at HKpro asked in a recent thread "why no HK handgun in 10mm?"

some of the better responses,

Quote:
Because it won't sell. If there are 10 people who want the round there are another 50,000 who don't give a rip. Companies have tried it, lost, and tossed the idea.
Quote:
HK focuses on military / LEO market, which has zero interest in 10MM.
Quote:
There's no large scale market for it. 10mm is one of my favorite calibers for sheer semi-auto power but it's just not popular enough. ..and with HK, no military demand means no market.
Old 12-30-2011, 18:01   #68
esh325

Don't yell at here, but these gelatin tests show the 10mm not being that much better then a .45 acp. Could this be why the 10mm isn't popular? All that additional recoil and muzzle blast for little performance increase? Yes, I understand it's only 1 load.
.45 acp http://brassfetcher.com/FlyingAshtray.html
10mm http://brassfetcher.com/10mmAuto180grRemJHP.html
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 18:09   #69
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh325 View Post
Don't yell at here, but these gelatin tests show the 10mm not being that much better then a .45 acp. Could this be why the 10mm isn't popular? All that additional recoil and muzzle blast for little performance increase? Yes, I understand it's only 1 load.
The problem with this comparison, is first, Remington doesn't load a true 10 MM load! It's closer to a 40 load. Now when you compare some of double taps offerings, you will see no comparison!
Old 12-30-2011, 18:20   #70
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
The 10mm rounds they fired were traveling at around 1100fps. True 10mm 180gr rounds should be going over 1350fps, with a round designed to impact at that speed, not a .40sw round used in a 10mm case.
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 19:29   #71
esh325

Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
The 10mm rounds they fired were traveling at around 1100fps. True 10mm 180gr rounds should be going over 1350fps, with a round designed to impact at that speed, not a .40sw round used in a 10mm case.
Interesting. Why do they underload 10mm?
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:37   #72
legion3

Quote:
Interesting. Why do they underload 10mm?
All the major ammo makers underload the 10mm. If they make 10mm at all.

Liability, cost ratio and most people don't like the full power loads. Frankly most people don't shoot the 10mm.

If you want full power loads you must seek out the smaller boutique ammo makers or roll your own.

And be advised that Double Tap has had some QC issues with some versions of their ammo, bullet weights not matching the actual bullet, actual velocity not coming anywhere near advertised velocity and substituting montana gold bulets for Gold Dots but not telling you they did it.

That said most people seem satisfied with DT ammo but it has had its reported issues.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:03   #73
Sheepdog Scout
Behind you!

I'm not going to bother to read the entire three pages of this thread, but I'll say this. I like the 10mm cartridge and I own a G20. It can be a hoot to shoot. But honestly, I don't see where some in this thread that are saying that "10mm in on the rise". When many more ammo manufacturers come out with true 10mm loadings and more manufacturers come out with more guns in 10mm, then I'll believe people. Until then, the 10mm in an obscure or niche cartridge at best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sheepdog Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:41   #74
FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFish View Post
I want a Ruger GP100 & SP101 in 10mm.
Check out the .41 Magnum.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:16   #75
GFlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamisouu View Post
M&P 10mm Compact plz!
Put me on the waiting list for one of those.
GFlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:27   #76
wanderinwalker
6 of .44

Send a message via AIM to wanderinwalker
I wanted to chime in on this yesterday but got sidetracked. Anyway...

I would suggest that the number of threads and discussions on the Internet on enthusiast boards is not a fair indicator of how popular an item actually is. Examples:

1) According to the Internet the best long-range target rifles are .300 Magnums, 7mm Magnums and really big honkin' rifles (.338 Lapua anybody?). Yet when I go to a 600 yard match, I see lots of .308s, 6mmXC, 6.5x308s, and .223s, maybe a .284 and rarely a .300 of any sort.

2) According to the Internet rifle-crank fan base, the .260 Remington is the perfect low-recoil deer rifle. Yet there is a Model 7 so chambered at one my LGS's that I'm pretty sure has sat on the used rack for a year or more now, unloved.

3) According to the Internet the 10mm Auto is on the rise. Yet I've never seen one being used at the local pistol range, seen maybe 2-3 total ever for sale at the LGS's and rarely find spent 10mm cases at the range. The last ones I spotted were aluminum CCI Blazers, and I suspect it's one person who is a regular, not multiple shooters.

4) According to the Internet anybody who walks into the great wilderness without at least a 10mm or .44 Magnum handgun is begging to get eaten and accosted. If you don't have a pistol capable of driving a hardcast slug through a Zombie Grizzly end-to-end, you're just not thinking clearly. And if you're West of the Mississippi in real animal country? Better get a real gun and leave those 10mms and .44s at home!

There, I feel better now!

Last edited by wanderinwalker; 12-31-2011 at 08:31..
wanderinwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 13:27   #77
blastfact

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
Nonsense

They can't keep them in stock because they are so few in numbers to begin with and the 10mm fanatics jump on them like they may not see another one...which they might!

Try selling one at a gun store or gun show around here, might as well be selling a dirty diaper. Unless you hit the one 10mm fan running around.

Who are these new custom ammo makers? DT, Swamp Fox, Buffalo Bore are know who else? And what is "priced well"?

Embracing it? Well the why aren't the big manufactures added 10mm's to their lineups? Afterall if their is so much profit in it why not?
I don't know about your gun stores nor do I care about your part of the country.

I stopped by one of my LGS's after work yesterday to pick up more brass for my 10mm and XTP's in .45 acp, 9mm, 10mm, .38/.357 and my 7.62x25. I never purchase retail ammo. Range, HD and SD ammo is all reloaded or newly built by the wife and I.

While there a nice lady was purchasing new 10mm's. A G29, G20 and a Night Guard in 10mm. And put a DE in layaway! My wife looked at me surprised as hell this little gal built much like her and approx. the same age was going to take on this hard hitting expensive to shoot 10mm.

My wife struck up a conversation with this lady after she made her purchase of weapons and 500 rounds of assorted 10mm ammo. They walked off to a quieter part of the LGS and chatted for a bit. They came back and my wife introduced me to her and informed me we have a pending dinner and range date with her and her husband next.

When we got in the car she told me she wanted to shoot my G20 before the dinner and range date. So she will be shooting her first 10mm in about two hours from now.

Does this prove 10mm is on the rise? It is with this little lady. And I have a feeling my wife is going to want a G29 to replace her Mod 60 Pro as her HD and range weapon after she shoots mine and this gals 29. And I hope she is on the path to making a female shooting and range buddy. Who knows,,, maybe this gals husband and I will hit it off. And we will both have new shooting buddy's.

What the 10mm did do is bring some folks together. And possibly get my wife a bit more hooked on shooting.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 13:30   #78
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
I don't know about your gun stores nor do I care about your part of the country.

What the 10mm did do is bring some folks together. And possibly get my wife a bit more hooked on shooting.
Great at least the 10mm did something useful
Old 12-31-2011, 15:06   #79
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post

I stopped by one of my LGS's after work yesterday to pick up more brass for my 10mm and XTP's in .45 acp, 9mm, 10mm, .38/.357 and my 7.62x25. I never purchase retail ammo. Range, HD and SD ammo is all reloaded or newly built by the wife and I.

While there a nice lady was purchasing new 10mm's. A G29, G20 and a Night Guard in 10mm. And put a DE in layaway! My wife looked at me surprised as hell this little gal built much like her and approx. the same age was going to take on this hard hitting expensive to shoot 10mm.

My wife struck up a conversation with this lady after she made her purchase of weapons and 500 rounds of assorted 10mm ammo. They walked off to a quieter part of the LGS and chatted for a bit. They came back and my wife introduced me to her and informed me we have a pending dinner and range date with her and her husband next.

When we got in the car she told me she wanted to shoot my G20 before the dinner and range date. So she will be shooting her first 10mm in about two hours from now.

Does this prove 10mm is on the rise? It is with this little lady. And I have a feeling my wife is going to want a G29 to replace her Mod 60 Pro as her HD and range weapon after she shoots mine and this gals 29. And I hope she is on the path to making a female shooting and range buddy. Who knows,,, maybe this gals husband and I will hit it off. And we will both have new shooting buddy's.

General Firearms Forum

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 16:30   #80
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderinwalker View Post
I wanted to chime in on this yesterday but got sidetracked. Anyway...

I would suggest that the number of threads and discussions on the Internet on enthusiast boards is not a fair indicator of how popular an item actually is. Examples:

1) According to the Internet the best long-range target rifles are .300 Magnums, 7mm Magnums and really big honkin' rifles (.338 Lapua anybody?). Yet when I go to a 600 yard match, I see lots of .308s, 6mmXC, 6.5x308s, and .223s, maybe a .284 and rarely a .300 of any sort.

2) According to the Internet rifle-crank fan base, the .260 Remington is the perfect low-recoil deer rifle. Yet there is a Model 7 so chambered at one my LGS's that I'm pretty sure has sat on the used rack for a year or more now, unloved.

3) According to the Internet the 10mm Auto is on the rise. Yet I've never seen one being used at the local pistol range, seen maybe 2-3 total ever for sale at the LGS's and rarely find spent 10mm cases at the range. The last ones I spotted were aluminum CCI Blazers, and I suspect it's one person who is a regular, not multiple shooters.

4) According to the Internet anybody who walks into the great wilderness without at least a 10mm or .44 Magnum handgun is begging to get eaten and accosted. If you don't have a pistol capable of driving a hardcast slug through a Zombie Grizzly end-to-end, you're just not thinking clearly. And if you're West of the Mississippi in real animal country? Better get a real gun and leave those 10mms and .44s at home!

There, I feel better now!
I don't know about the rest of 'em, but I couldn't be happier with my .260. It recoils like a .22, drops deer in their tracks out to at least 330 yards (longs shot I've taken), and I can shoot fairly accurately out to 600 yards (I'm not that great of a shot, the gun is far more capable than I am). If I ran across a used, but not abused, .260 for a good price, I'd grab it for a backup.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10mm, sp101