GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 05:09   #151
stevus
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
Im new to the 10mm .I have some underwood ammo but havent recieved my G20 back from Glock so I havent actually shot it yet . .I understand about the smilie face on the case but can someone explain a flattened primer
stevus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50   #152
dryfly
Senior Member
 
dryfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: White Mountains NH
Posts: 1,234
Kevin emailed me last night telling me no problems no worries ordering over the phone...just have to have an account on his site that gives him name address shipping info....Yes great customer service ! Kudos...
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:03   #153
10 fan
10 fan
 
10 fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lake McClure,CA
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockz0r View Post
I took a look at the brass again, and after googling what to look for, I have to say the primers are indeed flattened. All 165gr that I've fired have flat primers while the 180gr are half and half. I also observed that the 180gr brass has very minor smiles or no smiles at all while the 165gr is almost all creased.
Do you know why there is a difference between the two loads? The calculated recoil is about the same. I too would like to know the reason for flattened primers.
10 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:12   #154
ALBin517
Senior Member
 
ALBin517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 249
I tried browsing the website last night for the first time. But my laptop advised me that the site was unsafe.
__________________
-------------------------------
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
ALBin517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00   #155
stevus
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
cant wait to shoot my ammo form underwood , No problems with my CC so far

Last edited by stevus; 12-14-2011 at 10:02..
stevus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25   #156
arushus
Biggest Member
 
arushus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,565
I had bookmarked their website sometime before september 22, and when I purchased ammo from them thislast time I went inthrough that old bookmark, apparently there is some way for hackers to get in since I bookmarked the page before their new website and security was up...
__________________
Glock 20SF Gen 3
Glock 27 NiB-X Gen 3
Glock 19 Gen 4
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 16:57   #157
kjunderwood
Member
 
kjunderwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
I had bookmarked their website sometime before september 22, and when I purchased ammo from them thislast time I went inthrough that old bookmark, apparently there is some way for hackers to get in since I bookmarked the page before their new website and security was up...
I sincerely appreciate the understanding shown here.

Still hashing things out - in fact, all today our web developers were running tests trying to find ways into our site to make sure the security is working. Mind you, at this point, I'm not taking their word for gold and am still holding their feet to the fire with this, but they are working on it.

I have also been informed that they have corrected the issues with the old bookmarks being used to access the site - that is no longer a way to breach our security. Thankfully.

I'll be sure to keep all posted.
__________________
Underwood Ammo
Find us on Facebook
kjunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 18:47   #158
SolidBrass
Against Shiny
 
SolidBrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20c10mm View Post
Would have been great if you would have a chronograph for some velocity comparison to Underwood's claims
I keep posting this but the ARE online on youtube. drsjr1969 posts videos of all the 10mm rounds he can get his hands on.

Underwood is the only brand I've seen him shoot that has beat the speed posted on the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGF4-...osfPdU1zQuDCOU

*But I agree his website has been compromised

Major websites and indeed 99% of web $'s are processed by very large card processing companies that are not likely suspect. (targets and victims at times but not suspects) I would guess some malware is at work.

I've notice the ammo industry in general has lots of ''corrupted' ' site when I browse for ammo info. Why are they targeted more than others?
__________________
A free people ought to be armed.
~George Washington

Last edited by SolidBrass; 12-15-2011 at 17:35..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 19:20   #159
glock20c10mm
Senior Member
 
glock20c10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Out West
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBrass View Post
I keep posting this but the ARE online on youtube. drsjr1969 posts videos of all the 10mm rounds he can get his hands on.
I'm very well aware and have referenced that data numerous times. I am still interested to see if things change over time as they have with other ammo manufacturers. But thanks.
__________________
Free Men Don't Need To Ask Permission To Bear Arms

The Glock 29 is the most versatile handgun yet produced.
glock20c10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 20:01   #160
SolidBrass
Against Shiny
 
SolidBrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20c10mm View Post
I'm very well aware and have referenced that data numerous times. I am still interested to see if things change over time as they have with other ammo manufacturers. But thanks.
I know he has a standing offer, send him 5 rounds of anything he hasn't chrono'd he will do it for you. Or he swaps some federal (I think) in 50/box sizes for anything to chrono. He hasn't shot the 200gn or the 135 Underwood so that would be an option.

*I'm sure he will re-chrono the entire underwood line in one video if anyone want's to donate 5 rounds of each 10mm. But I believe his underwood chrono was just a few months ago.
__________________
A free people ought to be armed.
~George Washington

Last edited by SolidBrass; 12-14-2011 at 20:22..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 21:18   #161
kjunderwood
Member
 
kjunderwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBrass View Post

*But I agree his website has been compromised

He should also go to bleepingcomputer 's web site and get some help if it's his own PC that has a trojan. I'm in the business and worry about these thing all the time. He needs expert help to get this fixed. He has a really nice web site, you just wonder if some guy in India or Eastern Europe that might have designed it left a back door.

Has anyone noticed if you get the https, the s being the key here, in the address bar when checking out?

Major websites and indeed 99% of web $'s are processed by very large card processing companies that are not likely suspect. (targets and victims at times but not suspects) I would guess some malware is at work.

I've notice the ammo industry in general has lots of ''corrupted' ' site when I browse for ammo info. Why are they targeted more than others?
The site was designed by a company here in Charleston, WV from the ground up - a lot of what we asked be incorporated in the website meant them writing and designing software specifically for us, which is why it took so stinkin' long to get it up and going. I've refrained from mentioning them by name as a gentleman, but the potential damage this is doing (and could further do) to our reputation as a secure site has been very sternly brought to their attention. I can, however, say with confidence that any breach in the security is not an inside job. Just some low-life hacker.

Any specific information or suggestions you can give (from working in the field) would be greatly appreciated. I'll gladly pass it along to my "team"...
__________________
Underwood Ammo
Find us on Facebook
kjunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 21:37   #162
arushus
Biggest Member
 
arushus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjunderwood View Post
The site was designed by a company here in Charleston, WV from the ground up - a lot of what we asked be incorporated in the website meant them writing and designing software specifically for us, which is why it took so stinkin' long to get it up and going. I've refrained from mentioning them by name as a gentleman, but the potential damage this is doing (and could further do) to our reputation as a secure site has been very sternly brought to their attention. I can, however, say with confidence that any breach in the security is not an inside job. Just some low-life hacker.

Any specific information or suggestions you can give (from working in the field) would be greatly appreciated. I'll gladly pass it along to my "team"...

Thanks for taking this seriously kevin, and not just brushing it off as "better you than me".

Your handling of this has only bettered your reputation as far as Im concerned. Youve proven, more than once, that you are more than willing to help with any issues whatsoever.
__________________
Glock 20SF Gen 3
Glock 27 NiB-X Gen 3
Glock 19 Gen 4
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 16:21   #163
SolidBrass
Against Shiny
 
SolidBrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 310
I spoke with Kevin today. Good news is things are now fully secure. A good guy who spent quite a bit of time talking to me about what transpired.

He is and but is making a real effort to make things right by there customers. If your CC was compromised you should send him an email.

Since I too am in the web industry. My conclusion is he has done a good job at addressing this issue. We talked about blocking IP address from foreign countries (where the hacking might have occurred) as he only ships within the US anyway.

I only hope it doesn't hurt his business to badly. If I were a hacker, I don't think ammo companies would be my target, lest the hacker becomes a target on his own.
__________________
A free people ought to be armed.
~George Washington

Last edited by SolidBrass; 12-15-2011 at 20:34..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 17:03   #164
Crosseyed Shooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East TN
Posts: 105
Dec.3 I was notified that my CC was being used as well. I had purchased some Underwood Ammo. This must be the common thread.
Crosseyed Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 17:47   #165
kjunderwood
Member
 
kjunderwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBrass View Post
I spoke with Kevin today. Good news is things are now fully secure. A good guy who spent quite a bit of time talking to me about what transpired.

He is and but is making a real effort to make things right by there customers. If your CC was compromised you should send him an email.

Since I too am in the web industry with a bit more experience than he. My conclusion is he has done a good job at addressing this issue. We talked about blocking IP address from foreign countries (where the hacking might have occurred) as he only ships within the US anyway.

I only hope it doesn't hurt his business to badly.
Again, pleasure to talk with you.
To let everyone know...after running several tests, spending an incredible amount of the past 2 days on the phone and scanning everything in site - my web team found how this snot-nosed dirt bag was getting in...from the Philippines, no less. Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for him) we don't have a name or address for this loser, but we found him. Jerk. We also were able to watch him try (in vain) to continue to access the site in the same way he'd gotten in previously and was defeated.

Chalk one up for the good guys.
After 3 days of panic and headache I finally have the answers I want and the security I was promised from day 1. Breathing a big sigh of relief.
__________________
Underwood Ammo
Find us on Facebook
kjunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 18:22   #166
arushus
Biggest Member
 
arushus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjunderwood View Post
Again, pleasure to talk with you.
To let everyone know...after running several tests, spending an incredible amount of the past 2 days on the phone and scanning everything in site - my web team found how this snot-nosed dirt bag was getting in...from the Philippines, no less. Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for him) we don't have a name or address for this loser, but we found him. Jerk. We also were able to watch him try (in vain) to continue to access the site in the same way he'd gotten in previously and was defeated.

Chalk one up for the good guys.
After 3 days of panic and headache I finally have the answers I want and the security I was promised from day 1. Breathing a big sigh of relief.
Good for you kevin! Glad to hear you guys figured it out!

You coming forth and admitting there was a problem, and taking the necessary steps to correct it, both on your site and with the customer that were affected, speaks VOLUMES about the type of person you are, and the manner in which you operate you business!

Even though I was targeted, I am coming away from this with a smile on my face, feeling very pleased and satisfied.

Guys like that jerk-off deserve a special corner of hell...
__________________
Glock 20SF Gen 3
Glock 27 NiB-X Gen 3
Glock 19 Gen 4
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 19:40   #167
SolidBrass
Against Shiny
 
SolidBrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 310
Dang!! I forgot to ask him for a 200gr hardcast 10mm while I had him on the phone.

** Update: Google now deems the site safe.

It's also https: for the whole site, the way all the big boys are moving.
__________________
A free people ought to be armed.
~George Washington

Last edited by SolidBrass; 12-16-2011 at 21:13..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 19:28   #168
kjunderwood
Member
 
kjunderwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 62
Another update...
Some of you may notice that when attempting to visit our site, your browser gives an error message. If you use "www" before just entering underwoodammo.com it will take you right in. Sorry for yet another inconvenience.
__________________
Underwood Ammo
Find us on Facebook
kjunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:42   #169
rcd567
Senior Member
 
rcd567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Near Glenwood, Iowa
Posts: 323
Kevin,
I've discovered yet another problem with your website. It says your out of MY favorite round...the 165 gr. JHP. First it was hackers, now it's pirates. Or maybe even worse?????
The 10 Ring
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man, if he's too tired to fight, he'll just kill you.
rcd567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 16:57   #170
kjunderwood
Member
 
kjunderwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
Kevin,
I've discovered yet another problem with your website. It says your out of MY favorite round...the 165 gr. JHP. First it was hackers, now it's pirates. Or maybe even worse?????
The 10 Ring
I just fixed that problem!
__________________
Underwood Ammo
Find us on Facebook
kjunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 19:03   #171
rcd567
Senior Member
 
rcd567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Near Glenwood, Iowa
Posts: 323
Hopefully the third time is a charm. Placed an order on my brand new card. I'll know by tomorrow or Monday at the lastest if it was hacked. It'll be the only charge on there.
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man, if he's too tired to fight, he'll just kill you.
rcd567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 00:00   #172
arushus
Biggest Member
 
arushus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
Hopefully the third time is a charm. Placed an order on my brand new card. I'll know by tomorrow or Monday at the lastest if it was hacked. It'll be the only charge on there.
Im thinkin that may not be possible after all the work kevin has put into this!
__________________
Glock 20SF Gen 3
Glock 27 NiB-X Gen 3
Glock 19 Gen 4
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:15   #173
rcd567
Senior Member
 
rcd567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Near Glenwood, Iowa
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by arushus View Post
Im thinkin that may not be possible after all the work kevin has put into this!

I'm praying that all goes well. Kevin is an ammo maker, an excellent ammo maker. He bought a service from a web page developer to build a web site, make it operational, and maintain it. It is them that I don't completely trust.

I'm also fairly certain a line has been drawn in the sand. If problems don't go away...the web developer will.
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man, if he's too tired to fight, he'll just kill you.
rcd567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 21:32   #174
SolidBrass
Against Shiny
 
SolidBrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 310
Quote:
We suggest you use an alternate browser when viewing our website.

Download Firefox

Download Internet Explorer

You can attempt to view the Underwood Ammunition website by clicking this link Go to Underwood Ammo

However, you may see the following error when going to the website:



The Chrome browser uses "False Start" which is a method of speeding up SSL handshakes enabling websites that use the secured protocol
to load faster and removing some of the overhead of using an encrypted connection.

Google has decided that "False Start" should be a web standard, as it cuts 30-85 milliseconds off of SSL handshakes per page. Because of
this, Google is not going give an option to disable "False Start" in the menu system.

What this means for websites using secure protocol (https://) to protect sensitive customer information is that users will need to
use another browser.

Kindest regards,
Underwood Ammunition
But Chrome is the #1 browser on the web in the US. I won't blame you for being careful and Chrome is not as privacy friendly as firefox or even IE.

Just placed an order with my new CC. Needed some hot FMJ's. These should help "break in" the G20 with sadly to few round threw her. (She's not named yet, any thoughts?)

No need to waste JHP for plinkin and range work. It's also probably a better bear defense round that any other 10mm Underwood offerings anyway until his 220gr hardcast comes out. (hope, hope)
__________________
A free people ought to be armed.
~George Washington

Last edited by SolidBrass; 12-21-2011 at 22:20..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 22:06   #175
rcd567
Senior Member
 
rcd567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Near Glenwood, Iowa
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
I'm praying that all goes well. Kevin is an ammo maker, an excellent ammo maker. He bought a service from a web page developer to build a web site, make it operational, and maintain it. It is them that I don't completely trust.

I'm also fairly certain a line has been drawn in the sand. If problems don't go away...the web developer will.

Received my order, no problems with my credit card. A BIG THANK YOU to Kevin.

PS...any news on my Werewolf ammo?
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man, if he's too tired to fight, he'll just kill you.
rcd567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
10mm, 10mm ammo, g20, underwood
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 869
265 Members
604 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42