Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-15-2011, 15:48   #8321
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Dang girl,....we need to get you out od the dirt! : faint:
Tell me about it. What was I thinking when I let them talk me into this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Well, science does say that body language makes up most of our communication.

Actually, I believe Ladies have the edge in that department.
We'll have to test that theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Maybe she will give us a group discount: tease:
But how well does it work when the shrink is crazy too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Absolutely.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I'm in on the prayers too...for every one of my friends who need it. Praying Jesus will hand out gifts of good health, peaceful sleep and less pain for His birthday this year
Thank you for the prayers for all of us who need them. I know you'll be busy for a while if you get to everyone, but let's include you and your family in that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That young lady is very much a hero.: patriot: Greg was probably in the same mindset as he ran to try to aid Wolfe when she was down and needed help.
Yes, she is, and you're probably right about Greg. He couldn't have been in rational thinking mode with that last Afghani so close to him.

Wolfe you may be right. You were not brave enough to rejoin the military when your country was fighting two wars. You were not brave enough to voluntarily deploy when asked to. You were not brave enough to request permission to go on a convoy when you knew there was danger of an ambush. You were not brave enough to go back into a war zone even when very badly injured. You were also not brave enough to face down my deranged husband many years ago.

on't forget that in the case of your EX I had some 44 caliber courage in my hand. And none of what I did is near as brave as running out in the line of fire like she did. All I did in the line of fire was take a nap.

I admit I disagree with your doctor about you staying over there and about some of your treatment but I give them credit for wanting to help you. I was beginning to think no one would give you anything close to the care you need. You be sure to follow orders about not overdoing it and staying inside out the cold.

Wolfe you had better behave in here.: rofl:
You talking to me?
I was worried too, especially when the management here in country looked at me like I'd grown an extra head when I said something about it. On the physical side, I've been following orders pretty closely here now that I'm fairly settled in. My chest does seem to be settling down a little, hope it settles down a lot more soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Posting from iPod touch. They said the surgery went well. Be in till Saturday. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Glad to hear it went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Oh my, if the above were actually true - there would be piles of the no-longer-living surrounding me............... : steamed:
Then I'd borrow you for a trip to the sand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
SR, this was so beautiful and perfectly said!! Lady Glock, I agree with your prayer for everyone's health and for a lovely Christmas for all!!
You folks love it when she tells off, don't you. haha Thank you for the prayers, and please include her in them.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 17:33   #8322
Dinky
aka the Dik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

But how well does it work when the shrink is crazy too?

Just send her to the OAF, tous and I will see if she is really crazy...
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 17:37   #8323
tous
GET A ROPE!

She's crazy 'cause you purloined her e, ya galoot.

And if you're keeping up, she has done did pummeled you, so return the e with apologies and two gallons of premium ice cream.

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 17:40   #8324
BobInTX

"I was worried too, especially when the management here in country looked at me like I'd grown an extra head when I said something about it. On the physical side, I've been following orders pretty closely here now that I'm fairly settled in. My chest does seem to be settling down a little, hope it settles down a lot more soon."

Yea! I'm glad to hear you're doing better. How long are you supposed to be there, anyway?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 22:46   #8325
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Thank you for the prayers for all of us who need them. I know you'll be busy for a while if you get to everyone, but let's include you and your family in that, too.
I spend lots of time in prayer right now...lots of time begging God to help me find a doctor that will listen to me and take this pain and help me find work. Having a hard time sleeping right now as I can't get comfortable laying down or sitting up. I've taken several pain pills and still not getting relief. I know...it's nothing compared to the pain you have every day of your life, but it puts me in tears...and that isn't normal for me. I have a high pain tolerance, but this is kicking my butt.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 17:37   #8326
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Just send her to the OAF, tous and I will see to it she goes crazy...: rofl:
Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
She's crazy 'cause you purloined her e, ya galoot.

And if you're keeping up, she has done did pummeled you, so return the e with apologies and two gallons of premium ice cream.
Ice cream is always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Quote:
"I was worried too, especially when the management here in country looked at me like I'd grown an extra head when I said something about it. On the physical side, I've been following orders pretty closely here now that I'm fairly settled in. My chest does seem to be settling down a little, hope it settles down a lot more soon."
Yea! I'm glad to hear you're doing better. How long are you supposed to be there, anyway?
So am I, thanks. I was seriously on the verge of telling my employer I couldn't do it, ship me home and I'll try to get some help there. The thought is still going through my mind, but I'm starting to think maybe I'll get a little better, or at least back to where I was in Iraq. I really need to get better than that, I still had a long way to go even before all these setbacks. They're hoping I can stay for a year or fairly close to it.

Quote:
I spend lots of time in prayer right now...lots of time begging God to help me find a doctor that will listen to me and take this pain and help me find work. Having a hard time sleeping right now as I can't get comfortable laying down or sitting up. I've taken several pain pills and still not getting relief. I know...it's nothing compared to the pain you have every day of your life, but it puts me in tears...and that isn't normal for me. I have a high pain tolerance, but this is kicking my butt.
Damn, I was hoping you'd have better news to share with us.

I really do understand pain being so bad all you can do is cry, I've been there a lot for 3 years now. It doesn't get any easier, as you know, and not being able to sleep only makes it worse. I'm really hoping and praying things start looking up for you soon and you get relief.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-16-2011, 19:43   #8327
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, Miss LG, Mangus, Miss S_R: prayers for all. Prayers for any and all who need them. Sweetheart, I have a feeling that when, not if, things go to Hell between the U.S. and Pakistan plus Iran and who knows who else, you'll be shipped out. I hope your employer avails themselves of the opportunity to take care of you by making sure you never have the need to lift anything heavier than your laptop at any time during your journey home.
Old 12-18-2011, 14:50   #8328
23skidoo
Deceased

For all who need a gentle hug.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 12-18-2011, 15:53   #8329
BobInTX

Quote:

So am I, thanks. I was seriously on the verge of telling my employer I couldn't do it, ship me home and I'll try to get some help there. The thought is still going through my mind, but I'm starting to think maybe I'll get a little better, or at least back to where I was in Iraq. I really need to get better than that, I still had a long way to go even before all these setbacks. They're hoping I can stay for a year or fairly close to it.

Hiya!

A year? If you start going downhill you get yourself back over here.
Old 12-18-2011, 17:47   #8330
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Sweetheart, Miss LG, Mangus, Miss S_R: prayers for all. Prayers for any and all who need them. Sweetheart, I have a feeling that when, not if, things go to Hell between the U.S. and Pakistan plus Iran and who knows who else, you'll be shipped out. I hope your employer avails themselves of the opportunity to take care of you by making sure you never have the need to lift anything heavier than your laptop at any time during your journey home.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Don't you think that's some wishful thinking on your part? You know what I do over here, do you think they're going to do away with that job? And no, they won't make travel any easier going out than it was coming in. There was nothing easy about that.

Quote:
Hiya!

A year? If you start going downhill you get yourself back over here.
Hiya back!

Yep, that's what they want. Truthfully I don't see being able to stay a year if this first several weeks is any indication. It's 4AM and once again I'm up because when I tried to sleep the nightmares were waiting. I'm still at the max dose of Fentanyl and eating add-ons like candy. Plus I had a breathing attack last night. Not the worst I've had by far, but painful enough. I really think when I get to the point I can travel again my doc or PA will get rid of me.

One bit of news, the person doing my physical therapy and me came up with a way that we wouldn't have to try to do my therapy in the gym, which is small, cold, and usually has someone on the bench we try to use. We're using a little outbuilding next to the clinic that I can keep as warm as I want. There's what looks like an old dentist's chair in there which is comfortable to sit back in, and I can even get out of it myself. I'm to come in about 20-30 minutes before my appointment and sit there with the heating pad on my chest. I have a key so I can come in there and sit any time I want. No one else uses the room, except for a few things stored in there. My therapist said there's a treadmill in a conex that was just taken out of the gym that he's going to try to get moved into there. There's barely room for it, but that's way better than the way we've had to do it so far.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-18-2011, 17:51   #8331
BobInTX

Well, at least they have a state-of-the-art facility!
Old 12-18-2011, 19:29   #8332
23skidoo
Deceased

I always wish for the very best where you are concerned Sweetheart.
Old 12-18-2011, 19:51   #8333
engineer151515

All things considered, it seems a blessing that you have a side area you can keep as warm as you need, in a reclined chair that you can access and nobody will care how much time you take.

Maybe these elements will help you heal better.

<<< hopeful.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 21:05   #8334
23skidoo
Deceased

I saw this pic and thought of you, Sweetheart.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09   #8335
engineer151515

Do you think Marylin can curl up with you and share some of that heat?

Okie Memorial Area
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:14   #8336
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Then , at least we would be in good company
Speak for yourself!

Quote:
This is good news.
Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
SR, this was so beautiful and perfectly said!! Lady Glock, I agree with your prayer for everyone's health and for a lovely Christmas for all!!
Thank you. I was only speaking the truth and I hope she listened. I will join you in those prayers.

Quote:
I was worried too, especially when the management here in country looked at me like I'd grown an extra head when I said something about it. On the physical side, I've been following orders pretty closely here now that I'm fairly settled in. My chest does seem to be settling down a little, hope it settles down a lot more soon.

You folks love it when she tells off, don't you. haha Thank you for the prayers, and please include her in them.
I hope your chest is settling down too.

They love it when I tell you off because they know I am right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tous View Post
She's crazy 'cause you purloined her e, ya galoot. ::

I think two gallons of ice cream would not be enough.

Quote:
Quote:
Don't you think that's some wishful thinking on your part? You know what I do over here, do you think they're going to do away with that job? And no, they won't make travel any easier going out than it was coming in. There was nothing easy about that.
That may be wishful thinking on several of our parts but I know better then to hope for it.

Yep, that's what they want. Truthfully I don't see being able to stay a year if this first several weeks is any indication. It's 4AM and once again I'm up because when I tried to sleep the nightmares were waiting. I'm still at the max dose of Fentanyl and eating add-ons like candy. Plus I had a breathing attack last night. Not the worst I've had by far, but painful enough. I really think when I get to the point I can travel again my doc or PA will get rid of me.

One bit of news, the person doing my physical therapy and me came up with a way that we wouldn't have to try to do my therapy in the gym, which is small, cold, and usually has someone on the bench we try to use. We're using a little outbuilding next to the clinic that I can keep as warm as I want. There's what looks like an old dentist's chair in there which is comfortable to sit back in, and I can even get out of it myself. I'm to come in about 20-30 minutes before my appointment and sit there with the heating pad on my chest. I have a key so I can come in there and sit any time I want. No one else uses the room, except for a few things stored in there. My therapist said there's a treadmill in a conex that was just taken out of the gym that he's going to try to get moved into there. There's barely room for it, but that's way better than the way we've had to do it so far.
I hope you do get sent home sooner rather than letting you stay in that place for a year. It does sound like they are are trying to help you though. I hope that warm therapy room does you some good.

Quote:

Okie Memorial Area
I think you already know the answer to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 17:15   #8337
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well, at least they have a state-of-the-art facility!
Haha, maybe state-of-Afghani-art. Per my doc and therapist's orders I had the heat in the room set to about 80 and was waiting with the heating pad on my chest when my therapist showed up. He walked in and was wearing PT shorts and T-shirt. He asked if I minded him wearing that instead of regular uniform since it was so warm in there. I took a good look and said "No, I don't mind even one little bit. In fact, I'm enjoying the view".

Quote:
I always wish for the very best where you are concerned Sweetheart.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Thank you.

Quote:
All things considered, it seems a blessing that you have a side area you can keep as warm as you need, in a reclined chair that you can access and nobody will care how much time you take.

Maybe these elements will help you heal better.

<<< hopeful.
Yeah, I'm not complaining about it at all. There's only 2 keys to the padlock, I have one and the person doing my therapy has one. That way I don't even have to worry about being disturbed if I'm just in there to get away from Afghani's and everyone else. Luckily the unit that has a few things stored in there doesn't mind, as long as they can get in if they need to.

I'm hopeful too.

Quote:
I saw this pic and thought of you, Sweetheart.

Okie Memorial Area
Me and that cat are going to fight over my sushi!

Quote:

Okie Memorial Area
Of course she can! Just as soon as you get here with her.

Quote:
I hope your chest is settling down too.

They love it when I tell you off because they know I am right.
They love it even when you're not right.

I hope you do get sent home sooner rather than letting you stay in that place for a year. It does sound like they are are trying to help you though.
We'll see. According to my doc I won't be shipped out unless something goes wrong, but I'm not betting the farm on that after the problems I've had even since I found out I was coming here.

My counselor started trying to talk about other things besides my PTSD and fears. She keeps saying she's not a shrink, and isn't used to really digging into guilt issues, but she seems willing to try. Maybe a little too willing, if you get my drift.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-19-2011, 17:34   #8338
BobInTX

Quote:
Haha, maybe state-of-Afghani-art. Per my doc and therapist's orders I had the heat in the room set to about 80 and was waiting with the heating pad on my chest when my therapist showed up. He walked in and was wearing PT shorts and T-shirt. He asked if I minded him wearing that instead of regular uniform since it was so warm in there. I took a good look and said "No, I don't mind even one little bit. In fact, I'm enjoying the view".

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya!

Thank you.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about it at all. There's only 2 keys to the padlock, I have one and the person doing my therapy has one. That way I don't even have to worry about being disturbed if I'm just in there to get away from Afghani's and everyone else. Luckily the unit that has a few things stored in there doesn't mind, as long as they can get in if they need to.

I'm hopeful too.

We'll see. According to my doc I won't be shipped out unless something goes wrong, but I'm not betting the farm on that after the problems I've had even since I found out I was coming here.

My counselor started trying to talk about other things besides my PTSD and fears. She keeps saying she's not a shrink, and isn't used to really digging into guilt issues, but she seems willing to try. Maybe a little too willing, if you get my drift.
Why not? I've been doing it.

Last edited by BobInTX; 12-19-2011 at 17:34..
Old 12-20-2011, 10:53   #8339
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Wolfe that sounds like something you would say!

The fact that it still bothers you means you probably still need to work on that issue..

Quote:
Why not? I've been doing it.
Please continue. You have been a great help to Wolfe's recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:49   #8340
BobInTX

Quote:
The fact that it still bothers you means you probably still need to work on that issue..

Please continue. You have been a great help to Wolfe's recovery.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm sure Lone_Wolfe is cussing you right now.

Wolfe, you need to keep visualizing a different outcome for your dreams. I think it was beginning to work before you changed theaters. You need to do this as often as you can, at least 4-5 times a day, and especially when you lay down at night.

As for your fear and anxiety for being over there, I want to point out that you have been there for several weeks and you aren't dead yet. I'm sure you haven't told us some things and it's easy for me to say, but I think it's time you can say "screw it". Do your job the best you can for as long as you're able. If you die or get hurt again you do, but you can't live in fear. That's not the XXXXXXXX that Silent Runner knew pre-Afghanistan, and that's what you should try to return to. I know she's still in there, somewhere. You're just a little older and wiser now. And you hurt more.

I want you to know that I pray for your protection and healing every night. Even if I don't say much it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you. I know I'm not the only one.

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!