GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2011, 23:22   #21
bnkrtstk

I busted my brother's chops when he bought as his only gun. I inherited when he passed away and I carry that more than any other gun I own.
bnkrtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 17:32   #22
G27Chief
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSleuth View Post
I just wanted to share news of my latest purchase, a new no-lock 642, that I picked up yesterday. Here's a picture:

The Snubbie Club

It has Spegel boot grips right now. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (hopefully sometime this week), but I'm going to try a few different grips I have to see if any ones in particular work best for me. Needless to say, I'm hoping the Spegel grips win.
Very nice!
Old 08-07-2011, 19:28   #23
SuperSleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27Chief View Post
Very nice!
Thank you. Unfortunately, it doesn't look so nice anymore. 700 rounds and a few months of carrying in hot, humid weather and the finishing is coming off from the backstrap and the left side of the frame between the grips and the cylinder release latch. Not to mention holster wear from practicing.

It still shoots great, though.

The Snubbie Club

I'm particularly proud of this grouping. 25 rounds of PMC 132gr FMJ fired in 5-shot strings at 10 yards, standing, two-hand grip, shooting as quickly as I could maintain a decent sight picture. It was the first 25 rounds of the session and it had been 6 weeks since my last range session.

There's still room for improvement, though.
SuperSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 19:39   #24
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That'll do.^^

Do you find your groups to be better at the beginning or end of the session? I usually find I shoot best first thing. The longer it has been since I shot last the less true this is, of course...but generally it seems that mental and physical fatigue set in before long and things go downhill

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 08-07-2011 at 19:39..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:46   #25
SuperSleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
That'll do.^^

Do you find your groups to be better at the beginning or end of the session? I usually find I shoot best first thing. The longer it has been since I shot last the less true this is, of course...but generally it seems that mental and physical fatigue set in before long and things go downhill
Thanks.

I usually shoot better at the beginning. The shots that start going up from the main group in that target were fired towards the end of that particular exercise. However, I find changing exercises help. For instance, after those 25 rounds were fired, I switched to one-handed point shooting at 6 feet, rapid-fire. Inserting some dry-fire exercises help, too. I also try and put a few minutes rest in between exercises. I usually just pace around my shooting area, maybe stretch a little. Then again, I rarely shoot longer than an hour and I keep most of my sessions to no more than 100 rounds total to stave off mental and physical fatigue; I try to keep it even shorter if I'm shooting +P. I try and focus on quality rather than quantity (though I'm not always successful at that).

The other thing that works for me is dry-fire practice. Even if I can't get to the range for a month or more I can usually squeeze in three or four 10-to-15-minute sessions of dry-fire drills per week, oftentimes more than that. Earlier today I did about 30 minutes of dry-fire drills incorporating drawing, "shooting," moving, and "reloading" using dummy rounds.
Old 08-07-2011, 20:57   #26
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's good. You are training smart.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 23:32   #27
SuperSleuth

Thanks. I'm just trying to make the best of the limited resources I have.
Old 08-08-2011, 17:37   #28
chuck pullen

Had one, sold it, still regret it.
chuck pullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 17:42   #29
6StringGeek
full-time n00b

Congrats. They are cool little guns. Mine is a firecracker in my hand, but it's doable.

The Snubbie Club

6StringGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 17:52   #30
voiceofreason

Nice grips!
voiceofreason is offline   Reply With Quote