Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:05   #8301
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
You mean you're not bringing her?

Ahhh well, as long as you bring yourself. Besides, Zonny will spoil her rotten(er).

That would have been a great idea if only I had a place to put one. It'd have to be inside, since I can't breathe this cold air for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Sounds like you're trying to tell me something.....

I'm seriously thinking I'll have to enclose and heat part of the back deck so I can have a hut tub and use it year-round. Who all wants to be invited when I do?

Got the word today on the MRI, and I don't need to have my chest cartilages re-re-re assembled. The doc said everything's still attached and in it's right place, just badly stretched, strained, abused and as one person put it, really 'angry'. So no medevac out of here, and he doesn't want me flying at all if I can help it. I'm not supposed to crawl, run, lift anything heavier than my laptop computer, or stay out in the cold any longer than I have to. He also gave the person doing my physical therapy his marching orders. He's to start off slow, careful stretching and breathing exercises at first, adding in resistance exercises with minimal weights slowly and only when it doesn't cause more pain. Doc told me even though I didn't tear anything loose he thinks I set myself back "substantially" by doing all this travelling and coming here. He also said the nightmares, thrashing, and lack of sleep isn't helping matters any and he wants my counselor to get to work on helping me with that.
Sounds like they are learning how to handle you properly. Hope you get as comfortable as possible. I'll check back with you in a few days when I get back after surgery tomorrow. Take care of yourself!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 14:35   #8302
BobInTX

They just keep doing it. What is wrong with these people?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23547346.../#.TuZix_LfUR0

The military said Brown's "bravery, unselfish actions and medical aid rendered under fire saved the lives of her comrades and represents the finest traditions of heroism in combat."

"I was in a kind of a robot-mode, did not think about much but getting the guys taken care of."

I'm really proud of our troops.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 17:22   #8303
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
How do you like your doc? How does he rate compared to your long-term doc in Iraq?
I can't really compare them because I've only seen him a few times. He seems competent and resigned to the fact that he's stuck with treating 'Cat', although he's passed off the day-to-day stuff to the PA here. I'll say that I couldn't picture him stepping up the way the doc in Iraq that took over and took me off the anti-depressants did, but I could be wrong. That doc in Iraq wasn't assigned to me at all, but when he saw me strapped to a bed and not even coherent, although struggling against the restrainst he took it upon himself to get me off the meds I was allergic to and take complete responsibility for my care. The doc I had after him cared too, although he wasn't thrilled at first to have me. He still stepped up and did the best he could do with what he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
: wavey:

You have a standing invite!

Well, at least it SOUNDS like you are now/again getting to actually see a Doc who has his shyte together AND gives a damn........ which is a far more generous characterization that I would give to 99% of the morons who have been (supposedly) treating you/"following you" etc.

Now, we just still gotta get you the hell outta there.............

Oh, btw, got new Hajji phone yet, Hon?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
I give more of the 'give a damn' credit to the PA that I see most of the time, she does seem to care about me some. My doc doesn't seem to care either way, he's just doing his job from what I can see. Like I said above, I can't fault either of the last 2 docs I had. They both did the best for me that they could. Now some of the other people left me wondering.....

I saw the counselor again today, and her comment was "So I'm supposed to drag your guilt and nightmares back onto the table. I'll bet you're looking forward to that". (said very tongue-in-cheek)

Getting me out's not going to be so easy now that my doc said I don't need re-assembly. Getting hurt again doesn't sound like a fun option, and leaving here in a box might piss a few of you folks off.

Working on that hajji phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Simply this: if I could for some reason no longer have on-demand access to a heating pad, absent any real pain control from Rx sources (and a doc that gave a shyte, but that's a different rant) - Very likely I would just apply a 9 mm cure and call it the End.
Don't even, I'd miss you too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Have spent the last several nights with my heating pad, thinking about buying two more so I don't have to move the one to different places.

Don't like the 9mm cure
I might order another one for myself if my room wasn't real close to where I need it during my therapy. Besides, if I left it anywhere it's probably grow a set of little legs and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I'm doing well. Since I had the shingles a while back I've tried to not let stress get to me so much, and just leave everything in God's hands more.

The family is holding it's own right now. Since my Father in-law has been in the nursing home he has gained 20 pounds, which is a good thing. He had gotten down to 98 pounds in the hospital. He seems to be thriving.

Glad to hear the good news on the home front!

Well, I'm glad everything is still in place. By angry, do they mean inflamed? Can they give you some anti-imflammatories or do they already do that? Is that what the steroid shots do?

I assume your nightmares are as nasty as ever. I'm so sorry you are having to face your fears like this.

I realized I haven't given y'all an Emily fix for a while, so here ya go.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's not walking by Christmas.
AWWWWWW!!!! I was wondering when you were going to post another pic of her.

Yep, inflammed. Very inflammed. To the point their going to recheck when some of the swelling goes down to be sure nothing's out of place and not showing up right now. The PA's comment was that she could see why it hurts so bad and she doesn't see how I stand it, even with the meds I'm on. I told her I stand it because the alternative would piss off some GT'ers. I had to explain what a GT'er was, and she laughed and told me I should keep you folks around.

I'm already on anti-inflammatories and have been all along. It'd be even worse without them. They seem to be helping a but in the last few days, my chest is calming down a little.

Yep, nightmares are as bad as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Sounds like they are learning how to handle you properly. Hope you get as comfortable as possible.: hugs: I'll check back with you in a few days when I get back after surgery tomorrow. Take care of yourself! : wavey:
They're taking a really hands-off approach in a sense. The person doing my therapy was told to do just mild stretching so my chest doesn't tighten as the stretched and strained parts get back to 'normal', and they aren't doing a lot besides monitor and medicate. Thing is, that's about all anyone could do for me now. Of course it'd be better if I could lay on the beach in a warm climate all day, but that's not possible. At least they haven't made any noise about decreasing my pain meds yet.

Hope the surgery goes well, and you come back soon feeling better.

Can we all say a prayer for Magnus and his health problems, please?

Quote:
They just keep doing it. What is wrong with these people?

The military said Brown's "bravery, unselfish actions and medical aid rendered under fire saved the lives of her comrades and represents the finest traditions of heroism in combat."

"I was in a kind of a robot-mode, did not think about much but getting the guys taken care of."

She's a lot braver than I am!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 18:38   #8304
Dinky
aka the Dik

Quote:

I told her I stand it because the alternative would piss off some GT'ers. I had to explain what a GT'er was, and she laughed and told me I should keep you folks around.

Try explaining the OAF to her, that should make her wonder
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 18:40   #8305
BobInTX

^^^ there's no doubt in my mind if you were 20 years younger you would be right there with her.
Old 12-12-2011, 22:16   #8306
engineer151515

Bump

Cause while you're trying to sleep, we're worrying about you.

And while you're trying to think, we're dreaming about you.

That's the sort of thing half a world away will do.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 17:32   #8307
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Try explaining the OAF to her, that should make her wonder
Oh that would be just great, then SHE'D need a shrink!

Quote:
^^^ there's no doubt in my mind if you were 20 years younger you would be right there with her.
Who? You mean Dinky would be over here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Bump

Cause while you're trying to sleep, we're worrying about you.

And while you're trying to think, we're dreaming about you.

That's the sort of thing half a world away will do.
Dreaming of Engineer and thinking about.............. Oh, wait, got to keep it PG-13 in here.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 17:43   #8308
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Dang girl,....we need to get you out od the dirt!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 19:09   #8309
BobInTX

Quote:

Who? You mean Dinky would be over here?

Dreaming of Engineer and thinking about.............. Oh, wait, got to keep it PG-13 in here.

Oh, he snuck his post in on me! You, that's who.
Old 12-13-2011, 19:36   #8310
engineer151515

Quote:

Well, science does say that body language makes up most of our communication.

Actually, I believe Ladies have the edge in that department.
Old 12-13-2011, 20:28   #8311
Dinky
aka the Dik

Quote:

Maybe she will give us a group discount
Old 12-13-2011, 21:54   #8312
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Can we all say a prayer for Magnus and his health problems, please?
Absolutely.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14   #8313
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Absolutely.
I'm in on the prayers too...for every one of my friends who need it. Praying Jesus will hand out gifts of good health, peaceful sleep and less pain for His birthday this year

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06   #8314
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Sounds like they are learning how to handle you properly. Hope you get as comfortable as possible.: : I'll check back with you in a few days when I get back after surgery tomorrow. Take care of yourself! ::
You will be in my prayers.

Quote:
They just keep doing it. What is wrong with these people? ::

That young lady is very much a hero. Greg was probably in the same mindset as he ran to try to aid Wolfe when she was down and needed help.

Quote:
I can't really compare them because I've only seen him a few times. He seems competent and resigned to the fact that he's stuck with treating 'Cat', although he's passed off the day-to-day stuff to the PA here. I'll say that I couldn't picture him stepping up the way the doc in Iraq that took over and took me off the anti-depressants did, but I could be wrong.

Of course it'd be better if I could lay on the beach in a warm climate all day, but that's not possible. At least they haven't made any noise about decreasing my pain meds yet.

She's a lot braver than I am!
Wolfe you may be right. You were not brave enough to rejoin the military when your country was fighting two wars. You were not brave enough to voluntarily deploy when asked to. You were not brave enough to request permission to go on a convoy when you knew there was danger of an ambush. You were not brave enough to go back into a war zone even when very badly injured. You were also not brave enough to face down my deranged husband many years ago.

I admit I disagree with your doctor about you staying over there and about some of your treatment but I give them credit for wanting to help you. I was beginning to think no one would give you anything close to the care you need. You be sure to follow orders about not overdoing it and staying inside out the cold.

Quote:
Try explaining the OAF to her, that should make her wonder ::
She would want to have us all committed.

Quote:
Dreaming of Engineer and thinking about.............. Oh, wait, got to keep it PG-13 in here. ::

::
Wolfe you had better behave in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Dang girl,....we need to get you out od the dirt! ::
If you come up with a way to do that please share it with us.

Quote:

I should probably say nothing right now before I get Wolfe in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I'm in on the prayers too...for every one of my friends who need it. Praying Jesus will hand out gifts of good health, peaceful sleep and less pain for His birthday this year
Lady Glock there are many of us who thank you for those prayers. I will join you and hope they are answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:48   #8315
Dinky
aka the Dik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

She would want to have us all committed.

Then , at least we would be in good company
Old 12-14-2011, 12:19   #8316
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Posting from iPod touch. They said the surgery went well. Be in till Saturday. Hope everyone is having a good day.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 13:07   #8317
Dinky
aka the Dik

Quote:
Posting from iPod touch. They said the surgery went well. Be in till Saturday. Hope everyone is having a good day.

glad it went well.

Last edited by Dinky; 12-14-2011 at 21:11..
Old 12-14-2011, 19:09   #8318
engineer151515

Quote:
This is good news.
Old 12-14-2011, 20:28   #8319
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:

Oh my, if the above were actually true - there would be piles of the no-longer-living surrounding me...............
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 21:35   #8320
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe you may be right. You were not brave enough to rejoin the military when your country was fighting two wars. You were not brave enough to voluntarily deploy when asked to. You were not brave enough to request permission to go on a convoy when you knew there was danger of an ambush. You were not brave enough to go back into a war zone even when very badly injured. You were also not brave enough to face down my deranged husband many years ago.
SR, this was so beautiful and perfectly said!! Lady Glock, I agree with your prayer for everyone's health and for a lovely Christmas for all!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!