Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-09-2011, 23:34   #21
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
XS Systems 24/7 Express Big Dots
The 24/7 stands for ALL lighting conditions.

24/7 Express Sights
http://xssights.com/index.php?nID=si...ts&sID=handgun

The Original fast acquisition sight enhanced with our 24/7 Tritium rear sight.

XS 24/7 Express sights are the finest sights made for fast sight acquisition in all light conditions. Day Light, Half-Light, or Low-Light, just "dot the I". Fast, simple and effective. This is the ultimate self defense sight system that provides sights you can see around the clock.

Features:
Enhances sight acquisition in all light conditions
Ultimate "Flash Sight" picture
Excels in high stress defensive situations
Improves Low-Light accuracy
Low profile, snag free design
Available with Big Dot Tritium or Standard Dot Tritium front sight
Trijicon® Tritium vials
Sights, Optics and Lasers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGxyz View Post
I agree with barth here - the XS sights are great. I have a light sensitivity that makes it hard to see my sights when shooting from the shade at a target in bright sunlight. Actually like the stock glock plastics for this scenario, but I want night sights. XS was the answer for me. I also like the "dot-the-i" style for their fast target acquisition.

I highly agree with both of these gentleman! Ive also got xs big dots installed on my gun, and contrary to the rumors, these sights can be very very accurate when the correct sight picture is used! I also recommend heinie straight eights, and ameriglo Idot pro's. The heinies are a two dot system like the xs big dots are, but the rear sight is a notched U-shape like stock glock sights without the white outline. So at night you have the glowing dots where all you have to do is put one on top of the other and fire. And during the day you have a sight picture that is nearly identical to the stock glock sights, minus the white outline, which you really dont need in the daylight...
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 15:13   #22
up1911fan

Another vote for the Ameriglo Proglo front sight. I use them with a plain black rear, also from Ameriglo. Just ordered another set for my G38. You can't miss the orange ring during the day.
up1911fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 22:55   #23
dkf

I use Amerglo Hackathorn exclusively on my Glocks. I hate large bulky sights on my guns and the Hacks are nice and compact. In the dark the front sight is the only thing I'm interested in putting on target.
dkf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:58   #24
Rockimook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashdaddy View Post
trijicon warranty and customer sucks.............ameriglo has the best price, warranty and customer service. truglo are good day and night, but the chemicals will eat it up quickly. any tritium alone will not show good in the day, but will show good in the night.........and any fiber will not show good in the night, but will show good in the day. The idea is to get something with tritium if you want self defense and with ameriglo you can get the bright orange ring or yellow ring to assist in the day, which i have found to be much faster in the day and night than the all fiber. ameriglo offer the best combination selection.
+1
I have this front sight and my factory rear. It's the best setup I've ever used.
Rockimook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 19:35   #25
TexasGlockster

Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by up1911fan View Post
Another vote for the Ameriglo Proglo front sight. I use them with a plain black rear, also from Ameriglo. Just ordered another set for my G38. You can't miss the orange ring during the day.
I like these. Any idea on the life of them? I know the lifespan of most tritium sights is about 10 years and I just want to make sure they have about the same durability.

I'm sure this is a noobish question but what is the difference of the sight height. I assume that is just to correct for the user's preferences and/or the type of rear sight that is being used. That being said, what is the standard height and how do I decide if a different height would be better (beyond just "go try some different ones").
TexasGlockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 20:38   #26
imaguy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlockster View Post
I like these. Any idea on the life of them? I know the lifespan of most tritium sights is about 10 years and I just want to make sure they have about the same durability.

I'm sure this is a noobish question but what is the difference of the sight height. I assume that is just to correct for the user's preferences and/or the type of rear sight that is being used. That being said, what is the standard height and how do I decide if a different height would be better (beyond just "go try some different ones").
call ameriglo... when I ordered mine it wasn't a kit, so I called to make sure I was getting the right size rear (and to check stock). They'll be more than happy to tell you exactly what you need for your situation, and they can answer your half-life question on their tritium too... I think I remember reading they are pretty much trijicon vials inside of their custom housing... so it's probably the same half-life
imaguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 18:21   #27
up1911fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlockster View Post

They use Trijicon vials. Ameriglo has a sight height calculator on their website. FWIW on my G 17/19/26 and 38 I have a .165" tall front with a .256" tall rear.
up1911fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:06   #28
kashdaddy
Glockaholic

ameriglo gives a free front sight tool with the sight purchase as well.
G17, G19, G27, G22, G34, G35, G21, AR-15, AK-47, SKS, Mossberg, Benelli, Tec9, Mac10, Dan Wesson, Para Ordnance, Wilson Combat 1911, Kimber .45, S&W, Taurus, Hi-Point, HK, Springfield, CZ, .308 Sniper Rifle, .243 Deer Rifle, Kimber Rifle, Colt .22
kashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:02   #29
Glockbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth View Post
XS Systems 24/7 Express Big Dots
The 24/7 stands for ALL lighting conditions.

24/7 Express Sights
http://xssights.com/index.php?nID=si...ts&sID=handgun

The Original fast acquisition sight enhanced with our 24/7 Tritium rear sight.

XS 24/7 Express sights are the finest sights made for fast sight acquisition in all light conditions. Day Light, Half-Light, or Low-Light, just "dot the I". Fast, simple and effective. This is the ultimate self defense sight system that provides sights you can see around the clock.

Features:
Enhances sight acquisition in all light conditions
Ultimate "Flash Sight" picture
Excels in high stress defensive situations
Improves Low-Light accuracy
Low profile, snag free design
Available with Big Dot Tritium or Standard Dot Tritium front sight
Trijicon® Tritium vials
Sights, Optics and Lasers
You sound like an add or commercial BUT........

+1 !!
Glockbuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
night sights, sights