Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-09-2011, 15:32   #1
TexasGlockster

Good night sites that work in the day?

What is a good brand/model of night sights that will work well during the day? I've heard a lot about how amazing Trijicon night sights are but also seen a lot of criticism that they are almost impossible to use at the range.

Also, just because it randomly occurred to me, what the heck is the difference between novak sights and regular sights? Is it just look?

Edit...thought of another question...is there a distinct advantage or disadvantage to fiber optic?

Last edited by TexasGlockster; 12-09-2011 at 15:39..
TexasGlockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 15:40   #2
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

One of the best dual use sight is Truglo's TFOs. Just my opinion.
They show up well in the dark and light but they are larger than most sight sets.
Old 12-09-2011, 15:41   #3
sr975j

+1 for TFO's. great day or night.

Sam
Old 12-09-2011, 15:43   #4
bushytail77

Check out Ameriglo ProGlo front sights. I use them with the green tritium in front and the yellow Pro-Operator sight in the rear. Very nice for both day and low light shooting.
bushytail77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 15:57   #5
wheelman707

The tritium night sights that came on my desert warrior are amazing at night or in low lit areas and insanely bright the last time I shot outside at IDPA. I think the brand is Meprolight. If I could look at it and tell you I would but Im currently over seas at the moment.
wheelman707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 15:57   #6
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlockster View Post
What is a good brand/model of night sights that will work well during the day? I've heard a lot about how amazing Trijicon night sights are but also seen a lot of criticism that they are almost impossible to use at the range.

Also, just because it randomly occurred to me, what the heck is the difference between novak sights and regular sights? Is it just look?

Edit...thought of another question...is there a distinct advantage or disadvantage to fiber optic?
During the day, you want something that helps you orient the front sight. Fiber optic helps on some days more so than others. It doesn't seem to hinder in any way, but it isn't much use for me when it gets dark.

I use a Sevigny night sight front sight and a plain rear sight. The dot glows at night and the white circle is good for daylight use.
Old 12-09-2011, 16:01   #7
vafish

I have trijicon and xs big dot sights. Both work just fine in day light.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 16:06   #8
imaguy3

i'm using the "pro" version of these... http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...ete-sets/i-dot

the pro's can either have a lime green or red front dot (both have tritium in middle). The lime green has luminescent paint in it, so it stands out like a fiber optic during the day and glows like a huge green orb at night... I love them!

post #25 is great pictures! http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...php?p=17671966

this is the front site part #GL-212-220-GR-C
the rear is gl-101r

I had to wait 2 mths for the front to come back in stock and they sell out quick. They don't have it listed as a "complete set" on their site but you can order the front and rear seperately, just give them a call and they can hook you up

Last edited by imaguy3; 12-09-2011 at 16:07..
imaguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 16:11   #9
Chesafreak

+1 for Truglo TFO's. In daylight, the fiber optic rods are bright, and at night the tritium makes the fiber glow.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 16:14   #10
barth
six barrels

XS Systems 24/7 Express Big Dots

Quote:

XS Systems 24/7 Express Big Dots
The 24/7 stands for ALL lighting conditions.

24/7 Express Sights
http://xssights.com/index.php?nID=si...ts&sID=handgun

The Original fast acquisition sight enhanced with our 24/7 Tritium rear sight.

XS 24/7 Express sights are the finest sights made for fast sight acquisition in all light conditions. Day Light, Half-Light, or Low-Light, just "dot the I". Fast, simple and effective. This is the ultimate self defense sight system that provides sights you can see around the clock.

Features:
Enhances sight acquisition in all light conditions
Ultimate "Flash Sight" picture
Excels in high stress defensive situations
Improves Low-Light accuracy
Low profile, snag free design
Available with Big Dot Tritium or Standard Dot Tritium front sight
Trijicon® Tritium vials
Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by barth; 12-09-2011 at 16:17..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 16:14   #11
bentbiker
NRA Member

Quote:
What is a good brand/model of night sights that will work well during the day?
If you think that ANY brand of night sight will benefit from a glowing vial during daylight from the tritium, that is just not the case. The tritium fiber optics glow in both daylight and darkness.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 17:30   #12
kashdaddy
Glockaholic

trijicon warranty and customer sucks.............ameriglo has the best price, warranty and customer service. truglo are good day and night, but the chemicals will eat it up quickly. any tritium alone will not show good in the day, but will show good in the night.........and any fiber will not show good in the night, but will show good in the day. The idea is to get something with tritium if you want self defense and with ameriglo you can get the bright orange ring or yellow ring to assist in the day, which i have found to be much faster in the day and night than the all fiber. ameriglo offer the best combination selection.
G17, G19, G27, G22, G34, G35, G21, AR-15, AK-47, SKS, Mossberg, Benelli, Tec9, Mac10, Dan Wesson, Para Ordnance, Wilson Combat 1911, Kimber .45, S&W, Taurus, Hi-Point, HK, Springfield, CZ, .308 Sniper Rifle, .243 Deer Rifle, Kimber Rifle, Colt .22

Last edited by kashdaddy; 12-24-2011 at 12:29..
kashdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 18:11   #13
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
One of the best dual use sight is Truglo's TFOs. Just my opinion.
They show up well in the dark and light but they are larger than most sight sets.
Love these, I got 4 sets
Old 12-09-2011, 18:17   #14
Bruce M

I have several sets of the TFO sights now working fine. I also have had success with the Big Dot sights especially since the rear has been reattached properly (hopefully.)
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 18:18   #15
pureform1278

Are these Sights good for glock 27... Was interested cause they seem the brightest of all sights... But one guy told me cause of the length of the front sight their not good for glock 26 or 27... there better for 17 and 23... Whats you opinion... Plus im used to the stock glock plastic sights with the U shape in the back im very accurate with them... Will i be accurate with these too?
pureform1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 19:05   #16
diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureform1278 View Post
Are these Sights good for glock 27... Was interested cause they seem the brightest of all sights... But one guy told me cause of the length of the front sight their not good for glock 26 or 27... there better for 17 and 23... Whats you opinion... Plus im used to the stock glock plastic sights with the U shape in the back im very accurate with them... Will i be accurate with these too?
Heck yes! These are the best things for my 58 year old eyes since the possibility of early retirement. Try them, it is only a 80~100.00 investment and they flat out help. (You would spend that much on a weekend of serious shooting at a range)
Old 12-09-2011, 21:11   #17
pangloss9

Warren Tactical.
pangloss9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 21:11   #18
HGxyz

I agree with barth here - the XS sights are great. I have a light sensitivity that makes it hard to see my sights when shooting from the shade at a target in bright sunlight. Actually like the stock glock plastics for this scenario, but I want night sights. XS was the answer for me. I also like the "dot-the-i" style for their fast target acquisition.
HGxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 21:15   #19
eddy t

I've got meprolights on my G26 & G19. the sights have a larger white ring than trijicons and are easy to pick up in daylight...IMHO. plus optics planet has them on sale for $79 with free shipping.
eddy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 22:58   #20
peterj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangloss9 View Post
Warren Tactical.
+1 Great sight pictue

Tags
night sights, sights