Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:39   #81
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Fan-friggin-tastic! Swampfox dropped off the face of the earth, and damn near a month later, I still ain't got my ammo. Pretty much saw deer season go to **** over it.
Ah, shaddup you sig-line stealin biotch.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35   #82
saspic
CLM Number 56
Howdy Y'all!

Send a message via Yahoo to saspic

Quote:
Fan-friggin-tastic! Swampfox dropped off the face of the earth, and damn near a month later, I still ain't got my ammo. Pretty much saw deer season go to **** over it.
Mike Willard died about three weeks ago. The ammo, unfortunately, will not be coming.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382856

And post-apocalyptic, GLOCK TALK doesn't really like profanity, even the misspelled variety.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:38   #83
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
I am! Brass came out fine. I did buy a Lone Wolf barrel and will test that with them too. My Glock barrel leaves a pretty good size bulge in all cases I shoot out of it. The Underwoods were no different. Since I reload some too, I wanted a tighter chamber so the brass would last longer. There were no smilies in any of the cases from Underwood.

Also not sure about custom loading Gold Dots since they already have the 165 gr. Golden Saber round.

I need to order some more and might throw in some 180 or 200 if they get them done in time so I can shoot a deer with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by post-apocalyptic View Post
I've run more than a few 165gr JHP Underwood 10mm rnds through both my stock '20 barrel and my 6" Glock Hunter. All functioned flawlessly and only some of the fired casings have any discernable hint of a "Glock smile". On those casings; the "smiles" are barely visible, not easily photographed, and have little to no effect on reloadablility... i.e. the 165gr JHP Underwood rnds are loaded to the original full-power, (or full house), 10mm specs, as all Underwood 10mm rnds are.

They're currently my favorite rnd to shoot, (I won't get my 135gr nosler JHP Underwood rnds till Friday ), very versatile and extremely damaging to anything they're fired at... although the best rnd, (of the various factory 10mm I've fired), for turning cover into concealment is Underwood's 180gr FMJ, (>1300 fps)!
Thanks guys..
Old 11-29-2011, 09:05   #84
rcd567

Quote:
Since he died I'm not sure anyone waiting for orders or refunds will get them. You actually might try a snail mail letter as the person handling his affairs may not have access to his computer email.

Trusting your hard earned dollars to a small ammo maker does have some risks. BTW Kevin (Underwood), how have you been feeling lately?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:42   #85
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Since he died I'm not sure anyone waiting for orders or refunds will get them. You actually might try a snail mail letter as the person handling his affairs may not have access to his computer email.

Trusting your hard earned dollars to a small ammo maker does have some risks. BTW Kevin (Underwood), how have you been feeling lately?
Good question!

When is the last time you had an ECG? How about a heart stress test? You taking your vitamins? Gotta stay healthy kevin!
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:04   #86
kjunderwood

Quote:
BTW Kevin (Underwood), how have you been feeling lately?
Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to lose 15-20lbs...but other than that, I think I'm doing alright. I'll keep you posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Find us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
kjunderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 14:47   #87
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Looks like the 200gr XTPs are now available on the website: 40 units in stock, (as of now).
Old 11-29-2011, 18:55   #88
SolidBrass
Against Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by post-apocalyptic View Post
Looks like the 200gr XTPs are now available on the website: 40 units in stock, (as of now).
You are on the ball for sure! I check the site last night and it was still back ordered.

I just placed an order for some 200gn and 130gn (and saved on shipping since they will now ship together instead of being backorder and shipped separate)

Now if only Lonewolf would get the stock length and 1/2" over G20 barrels back in stock. (they keep backing up the date)

Last edited by SolidBrass; 11-29-2011 at 19:01..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 19:08   #89
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspic View Post
Mike Willard died about three weeks ago. The ammo, unfortunately, will not be coming.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382856

And post-apocalyptic, GLOCK TALK doesn't really like profanity, even the misspelled variety.
Wow, I didn't know that. That really sucks, losing a serious contributor to the 10MM community. I ain't worried. It's only a few bucks.

That is a killer sigline. PA, send me a box of Swampfox, and I'll let ya have it back!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 22:18   #90
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Quote:
...That is a killer sigline. PA, send me a box of Swampfox, and I'll let ya have it back!
I waited what turned out to be too long, (RIP M. Willard), so I never got any Swampfox 10mm. I do have some Underwood though, and I'll be glad to give ya a few rnds real fast, from ~50 yds away.

Last edited by post-apocalyptic; 12-01-2011 at 02:48..
post-apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 23:24   #91
10 fan
10 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
Are you sure that double tap isn't more like 1100 fps...just sayin.
I don't have a crono(on my list wish list) I can only go by the add. and the way it feels. I have federal 1060fps,miwall 1040, bvac 1200, dt 1250, dt 1305, all 180gr. and the bonded defense is not 1100. I have heard many people say DT is not what it says it is.Never seen or heard of a real test or proof ,just people saying it. If it were true I would be the first to switch.
10 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 23:33   #92
glock20c10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 fan View Post
I have heard many people say DT is not what it says it is.Never seen or heard of a real test or proof ,just people saying it. If it were true I would be the first to switch.
YouTube...it is true. Has been for years now.

The Glock 29 is the most versatile handgun yet produced.
glock20c10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 23:35   #93
10 fan
10 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
As far as if there is anything cheaper...georgia arms has some for like 17.50/50 or if you reload you can make it even cheaper
Same price as BVAC but 1100fps,the 1200 from BVAC is closer to my edc ammo. Thanks
10 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 23:38   #94
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
I don't have a crono(on my list wish list) I can only go by the add. and the way it feels. I have federal 1060fps,miwall 1040, bvac 1200, dt 1250, dt 1305, all 180gr. and the bonded defense is not 1100. I have heard many people say DT is not what it says it is.Never seen or heard of a real test or proof ,just people saying it. If it were true I would be the first to switch.
check out the 10mm auto facebook page, or look up 10mm chronograph on youtube, a guy on there has chronographed nearly every 10mm load there is. He's also got a compilation of all the loads he tested put together in a spreadsheet...there's your proof!
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13   #95
wkoukios

Double Tap Ammo LIES on the box and website

I was a long time user till I was able to chronograph the ammo myself. Its way under what they claim. I tested 3 of the 10mm offerings, In specifics, I tested the 200 gr WFNGC that DT state will do 1300 fps from stock G20. I averaged 1060 fps 3 rounds were 1040 fps. I emailed the company to ask why and received no reply to several emails. I shot Buffalo Bore and some hand loads that same sesion that all recorded normal numbers. This verified that they LIE and no it!
I now use Buffalo bore or my own hand loads. I will not do another transaction of any kind with Double Tap. I even bought some components to hand load and found them to be wanting in quality. Beartooth makes better hard cast bullets so they have my money now!
Why am I angry, I bought 10mm hard cast ammo designed to defend against animals in the woods. They are advertised at a 10mm specific power capability yet offer 40 s&w power levels. 200gr at 1300fps is 750ft lbs. Move the velocity to 1060 and the energy drops to 499! This is more then just embellishing on the numbers! Glad I am loading my own now. I despise dishonest people that take my money with deception!

Last edited by wkoukios; 12-01-2011 at 08:17..
wkoukios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:35   #96
dryfly

Yeah... My opinion is that Mr. McNett should get as many Africa hunts in now as possile because one of these days someone will find a smart enough and willing enough lawyer to cause him some well earned grief.
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 16:10   #97
Sierra9

Quote:

I used to buy a lot of DT and at one time or another have chronographed most of the 10mm offerings. None have come within 200 fps of advertised. I once asked McNett face to face to respond to his critics on GT. His response was that he was busy enough that it wasn't worth it.
Sierra9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 17:33   #98
glock20c10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoukios View Post
I was a long time user till I was able to chronograph the ammo myself. Its way under what they claim. I tested 3 of the 10mm offerings, In specifics, I tested the 200 gr WFNGC that DT state will do 1300 fps from stock G20. I averaged 1060 fps 3 rounds were 1040 fps. I emailed the company to ask why and received no reply to several emails. I shot Buffalo Bore and some hand loads that same sesion that all recorded normal numbers. This verified that they LIE and no it!
I now use Buffalo bore or my own hand loads. I will not do another transaction of any kind with Double Tap. I even bought some components to hand load and found them to be wanting in quality. Beartooth makes better hard cast bullets so they have my money now!
Why am I angry, I bought 10mm hard cast ammo designed to defend against animals in the woods. They are advertised at a 10mm specific power capability yet offer 40 s&w power levels. 200gr at 1300fps is 750ft lbs. Move the velocity to 1060 and the energy drops to 499! This is more then just embellishing on the numbers! Glad I am loading my own now. I despise dishonest people that take my money with deception!
AMEN.

With the Beartooth bullets; Have you noticed weight variances bullet to bullet or do they seem relatively same-same?

Old 12-01-2011, 17:35   #99
glock20c10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra9 View Post
I used to buy a lot of DT and at one time or another have chronographed most of the 10mm offerings. None have come within 200 fps of advertised. I once asked McNett face to face to respond to his critics on GT. His response was that he was busy enough that it wasn't worth it.
Dang!, I already was very unhappy with them. Now I'm more unhappy but try to stay away from pure hatred. Where does that leave me?

Old 12-01-2011, 17:45   #100
SolidBrass
Against Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20c10mm View Post
YouTube...it is true. Has been for years now.
I've watched a lot of those video.

Almost everyband overstates there velocity (when shot out of a Glock 20)

I only know of two that match or beat what they claim: Underwood, and Swampfox.

Those that doen't include:
BVAC
Double Tap
Buffalo Bore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxNwSjPnTE

Last edited by SolidBrass; 12-01-2011 at 17:46..
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10mm, 10mm ammo, g20, underwood